• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Siege Test #3 After Action Review

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
- What was supposed to happen?

Testing of the mechanics of Townships 3.0 buildings and structures in a town versus town situation.

Player would have 3 days to start off in a pre-built town. On the 3rd day the town would be destroyed and the players would have to make their own towns and build structures to accumulate points. This was supposed to make them build towns while fighting each other. Larger towns are supposed to be somewhat safe and free of camping but not raiding. Sieges were supposed to happen to bring town members out to fight.

*Updated*

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
- What did happen?

From the perspective of @malikdanab :
Amoria started a new town day 1 and despite plentiful raiding was able to create a tier 3 town. Sanmak was able to make a tier 1 town by day 3.

From the perspective of @agedbear :
Members of Sanmak-kol laid seige to Amoria on day 1 attempting to bring down the power of the town so as to be able to destroy it. This led to the members of Sanmak-kol camping outside the town of Amoria and killing any residents either entering or exiting the town. During this time I agreed to be the town builder for NeoSanmak while the rest of the town either gathered resources or killed players from Amoria. In spite of this residents of Amoria managed to gather enough resources and money to find a new location and start their town. By day 2 they had managed a tier 3 town. Due to what multiple players described as excessive camping, event moderators stepped in and became involved. This resulted in several players receiving bans from the event. As a result many players of Sanmak-kol felt off put and hindered in their prefered style of game play and stopped participating in the event. By day 3 NeoSanmak was founded and struggled to go forward due to lack of player base. by the end of the event NeoAmoria was tier 4 (5?) town and NeoSanmak had just barely enough members to qualify as a tier 2 town. Somewhere in this @Trazil built his own tribe somewhere between days 3-4 completely unassisted by anyone else.

From the perspective of @Multitallented:
Amoria built a tier 4 town. Sanmak refused to build anything except for @@agedbear and @@Trazil. Sanmak then proceeded to boycott the test and slander the people in charge of it because they didn't like two aspects of it (houses and poison). Siegecannons remained untested. Amoria won.

*Updated*

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
- What are some improves?

• Current farms need to be more efficient. Currently ones are too slow compared to manually harvesting.
  • Instead of certain buildings evolving (Hospital, Arrow Turret etc,) some players would prefer if they had to be manually upgraded similarly to upgrading shacks to houses. A soul fee would be included.
  • Use a mechanic (teleporters and forcefields?) to neutralize the strategic advantages of having high walls or underground towns.
  • Find out why siegecannons aren't used and fix it. (this has been addressed)
  • Limit the number of turrets in towns more for tiers 4+.
  • Add more content (factories, mines, quarries, etc).
  • Limit the number of shacks/houses more to force more upgrades and make town building take longer.

*Updated*

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
- What are some sustains?
  • How buildings work and are made
  • block allowances for builds appeared to satisfy all players
  • soul payouts from homes and soul shops appeared adequate
  • town region sizes
  • ?

*Updated*

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
- What can be done to improve the plugin for live servers?
  • More balance to soul costs of structures and power drains/output
  • ?

*Updated*

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
What was supposed to happen:
  • Have 3 days to start off in a prebuilt town. On the 3rd day the town would be destroyed and the players would have to make their own. During the time players would test the plugin.
What actually happened:
  • Amoria started a new town day 1 and despite plentiful raiding was able to create a tier 3 town. Sanmak was able to make a tier 1 town by day 3.
What can stay:
  • How buildings work and are made
What can be added:
  • More factories
What can be improved:
  • Current farms need to be more efficient. Currently ones are too slow compared to manually harvesting.
  • Instead of certain buildings evolving (Hospital, Arrow Turret etc,) I'd prefer if they had to be manually upgraded similarly to upgrading shacks to houses. A soul fee would be included.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
- What was supposed to happen?
Players were supposed to build structures to accumulate points. They would be forced out of their admin-created tier 3 towns on day 3. This was supposed to make them build towns while fighting each other. Larger towns are supposed to be somewhat safe and free of camping but not raiding. Sieges were supposed to happen to bring town members out to fight.

- What did happen?
Amoria built a tier 4 town. Sanmak refused to build anything except for @agedbear and @Trazil. Sanmak then proceeded to boycott the test and slander the people in charge of it because they didn't like two aspects of it (houses and poison). Siegecannons remained untested. Amoria won.

- What are some improves?
Camping was eliminated. New players learned, used, and enjoyed the plugin. Raids were still profitable (until walls were built). Town trade worked. War battles were fun and productive. Players are still playing the event even though the stuff will get wiped and the rewards are already won.

- What are some sustains?

Siegecannons were not used. Underground and walled towns greatly inhibit pvp. No landmines or tempturrets were used. Houses were not upgraded. The town was possibly built too quickly (increase costs?).

- What can be done to improve the plugin for liver servers?

Use a mechanic (teleporters and forcefields?) to neutralize the strategic advantages of having high walls or underground towns. Find out why siegecannons aren't used and fix it. Limit the number of turrets in towns more for tiers 4+. Add more content (factories, mines, quarries, etc). Limit the number of shacks/houses more to force more upgrades and make town building take longer.

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
- What can be done to improve the plugin for liver servers?
Use a mechanic (teleporters and forcefields?) to neutralize the strategic advantages of having high walls or underground towns. Find out why siegecannons aren't used and fix it. Limit the number of turrets in towns more for tiers 4+. Add more content (factories, mines, quarries, etc). Limit the number of shacks/houses more to force more upgrades and make town building take longer.

Siegecannons were being built, but it was rather costly. I think maybe reduce the price and increase the damage it does. Yes I think a limit of turrets is good. I would like to see more factories and mines, but maybe some upgraded ones. Also I heard someone suggest that maybe players should be warned when a region is allowed to upgrade and then manually upgrade the regions. I actually think I would like to see that. Maybe have some things that automatically get upgraded, but others like mines and factories you have to manually upgrade. The region would send a message to all owners (maybe members too) when the region is able to upgrade. Just a thought. Yes I think the first tier was easy to achieve. Maybe instead it should require 1 councilroom and 2 shacks? Then for tier two 1 councilroom, 3 houses and 2 shacks, 1 farm? I think maybe that would be better for the first 2 tiers. Thoughts?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Multitallented remember that it was at a rate of 4x the normal cash in on souls. This plugin for sure needs Atleast 1-2 more tests before it's ready, except for this one to make it more realistic don't give everyone max, give them about lvl 35-40. Make sure to balance the teams between hardcore pvpers and the PVE people. New rules need to be set in place and defenses changed or offense structures lowered in cost for the first built and steadily increase in price as more are built I would pay around 1-1.5k for one siege cannon, even then it would be rare but really 3.7k just to unlock everything and build 1 cannon? Yea I know that it destroys towns and all but you are making it double the cost of a tribe which is why they were never used and people kept killing others to lower power. With all of these new costs I would also like to see a town being able to keep up with its own upkeep however not generate much if any profit, such as for my tribe if I have everything built that the region can hold then it will pay for its own taxes, but if I don't I pay them out of pocket with no assistance, this would actually make me and probably other players not worry so much about taxes so they can focus more on the money needed for your cannons drills poisons and shit. @Phoenix_Frenzy personally I think the tier 1 town is in a good spot cost wise if towns are allowed to be destroyed it's not too hard to get sonic you lost everything in a raid you don't need to spend days to get a town back for you and your friends, this cost is also really noob friendly which I think is really good instead of half the new players being homeless due to the current towns not having space or just not recruiting. Please take my comments into consideration because this is one of the last things it look forward to on this server since after a while conquest didn't make a difference in PVP :/

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
@Multitallented remember that it was at a rate of 4x the normal cash in on souls. This plugin for sure needs Atleast 1-2 more tests before it's ready, except for this one to make it more realistic don't give everyone max, give them about lvl 35-40. Make sure to balance the teams between hardcore pvpers and the PVE people. New rules need to be set in place and defenses changed or offense structures lowered in cost for the first built and steadily increase in price as more are built I would pay around 1-1.5k for one siege cannon, even then it would be rare but really 3.7k just to unlock everything and build 1 cannon? Yea I know that it destroys towns and all but you are making it double the cost of a tribe which is why they were never used and people kept killing others to lower power. With all of these new costs I would also like to see a town being able to keep up with its own upkeep however not generate much if any profit, such as for my tribe if I have everything built that the region can hold then it will pay for its own taxes, but if I don't I pay them out of pocket with no assistance, this would actually make me and probably other players not worry so much about taxes so they can focus more on the money needed for your cannons drills poisons and shit. @Phoenix_Frenzy personally I think the tier 1 town is in a good spot cost wise if towns are allowed to be destroyed it's not too hard to get sonic you lost everything in a raid you don't need to spend days to get a town back for you and your friends, this cost is also really noob friendly which I think is really good instead of half the new players being homeless due to the current towns not having space or just not recruiting. Please take my comments into consideration because this is one of the last things it look forward to on this server since after a while conquest didn't make a difference in PVP :/
Those are inspirational words right there!

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand

I think we actually lowered the cost of the siegecannons a lot. I think we added that yesterday. I should make an update log to keep everyone informed of changes and bug fixes. Just an FYI multi and I work on this usually at night for hours and don't get to really talk and have fun together because we are constantly trying to balance this. :p I do think that maybe siegecannons should do a little more damage. Not sure tho. I did not realize that the cost between the outpost and tribe was so big of a difference. That helps a lot to gear how much people are trading in to destroy a town. Ya we are wanting more tests and hopefully people can be okay with lower than max level. I tried to balance the team as much as I could, but I had not played on Herocraft or PVP very much. I was a lostsoul until the zombie event. Went from lvl 7 lost soul to a Runeblade. Not sure what I am doing, but I get a sword and I am good. :) I would love to learn more about the PVP view, but Townships and now MythicMobs has been using a lot of my time plus stuff with family now. I really tried to make the teams balanced, but a lot of you I do not know your PVP skill level to match people correctly. If people were honest I would ask them to rate themselves, but for some reason I feel like a lot of people would say 10 MAX OP MY TEAM WILL WIN. If I could just have an honest review of all players that would be so helpful. I can understand that being able to maintain your town would be nice without much upkeep, but we also want towns to work a little to upkeep a tier 5 town. Maybe we can make it a little more profitable and less of an upkeep, but still need to work and pay taxes just not as much. Also you can do trade runs and trade between towns to make a profit. Ya I keep forgetting we have the x4 on money. :p Maybe it is good where it is. Ya I would like it to be fairly easy to have a new place to go for a small group of friends. Thank you so much for this as it was immensely useful and informative.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Phoenix_Frenzy I could try and balance teams for you next time this is tested if you want, I know most people's PVP skills because either I've fought with them, killed them, or I've been killed by them. I would just need a list of everyone and which server they play on more would help too, just to see where their focus is

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
There could also be a third town for the next test so 2 could be at war while the other can still be used to trade between and such, if you needed to test that part of the plugin because as soon as the next test starts I'm getting my money making my tribe then declaring war.

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
There could also be a third town for the next test so 2 could be at war while the other can still be used to trade between and such, if you needed to test that part of the plugin because as soon as the next test starts I'm getting my money making my tribe then declaring war.

We did have a 3rd town that was a trade town. It is called Aeria. You can do /to listall to see all towns. This town is located near the graveyard between the 2 base towns. Though I would love to have a 3rd team. I was actually going to have a 3rd team this time, but was not sure who was going to be active during this test. I would love to see both trade and war.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
We did have a 3rd town that was a trade town. It is called Aeria. You can do /to listall to see all towns. This town is located near the graveyard between the 2 base towns. Though I would love to have a 3rd team. I was actually going to have a 3rd team this time, but was not sure who was going to be active during this test. I would love to see both trade and war.
I had thought Aeria was just made by some random people lol

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
What was supposed to happen:
A fair fight between 2 towns utilizing the plugin, using methods such as Structures, to defeat each other and test the plugin

What actually happened:
Amoria took this route, quite plainly Sanmak did not... :_:

What can stay:
Everything o_o Its $(%* amazing... Omg @Multitallented @Phoenix_Frenzy this is awesome

What can be added:
More awesomeness. Would love to see some new buildings with cool effects, but thats for later *Wink*

What can be improved:
o_o theres room for improvement? Well.. Uh better team balancing for the next test?

What came out of this test:

Good Things

I think this test provided the information all the paticipants need to correctly utilize the plugin in the real world.
I made a ton of new friends and had a great time. @malikdanab @Dutchgirl619 @Multitallented @Phoenix_Frenzy @AllOfAmoria:
I made an ally? I think....? I'll have to discuss this further
I murdered a few raiders... Invuln :D No longer a "Scrub"
I understand the PVPers a little more, there are some good ones like @Irishman81 who just genuinely want to have a good time and not cause grief and pain.

Bad Things
I now have a lot of bountys to place -.-
My towns going to hate me because I am going to make the town so organized... D:
There are going to be so many landmines around the map that @Kainzo is going to ban them :3 MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!