• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Not a Bug /showitem (code) Enchanted Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kankardan

TNT
Yes im back again and here to report a common problem for me.
I am a merchant and yes I have a shop at corner of Cherry Street and Main Street at spawn
I have items enchanted and put them up for sale.
Some items have the same enchant for example

Iron Chest
Unbreak III
Protection IV
Thorns II

Now if I change this order around to

Iron chest
Protection IV
Unbreak III
Thorns II

I'll get a different item code for selling.. I'm told this is just the way its coded by mojang and it cannot be fixed. Fine ... ok i'll live with that

As for this issue its a bit different:

Chain Boots
Protection IV
Unbreak III

Now this item has 4 different itemcodes for the same boots
I am not sure if this is temporary or permanent but I had the two different codes already as chest shops.

303#9C and 303#9E

come back a week later enchant more of the same enchants and now the codes are

303#bW and 303#bY

now im annoyed and its making this shop thing very problematic cause im constantly paying chest fees to create new shops and need 4 different shops to sell the exact same $%#' ing boots.

but that is not the only problem here. For some reason these codes seem to be fluid.. meaning they change from the time you have them in your inventory to the time you place them in a chest.

Example: Pick up enchanted boots do /iteminfo and receive code 303#c0
Place 303#c0 inside chest shop
go back to inventory select new boot do /iteminfo and receive code 303#c0
return to chest shop, open chest and place item inside chest
scan over items to ensure all same enchant and notice the last item placed in has different enchant
remove item from chest do /iteminfo and see that the code has changed.

now the first 5 times this has happened I thought it was user error. like my mind was playing tricks on me.
Now that this occurs constantly.. I know its not me.

Can this be fixed ? I hope so. how important is this in the eyes of the public or staff, im not sure.
But its possible that this affect everyone because if these items are changing... then are they changing while we are wearing them in battle.

Sorry for the length. but I do want this looked into hopefully with a fine tooth comb.

Kankardan

Kankardan

TNT
Pst. Your line should be one of the following.

1). Ty for taking the time to report any game related issues. Know that we are looking into the matter.

Or

2). We know but can't fix a hard coded programming inconsistency created by mojang.

Or

3). We had a team of highly trained banana eating monkeys looking into the matter but they had to split.

Or

4). Kank we are too busy with other things ATM , plus this looks like a lot of work which by fixing could create bigger problems. Not to mention your the only person this problem seems to affect, since your the only crazy bastard selling enchanted gear.

Or

5.). ......

Kankardan

TNT
Still waiting on response.

This is not a duplicate or a case of selling used stuff. This is legit and I would like a response please

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Item enchants are volatile - the actual item ID is generated by a unique UUID with the damage of the item, lore, name and any other information that may manipulate its specific ID.

This is not something we can or will fix. You can report these kind of issues to ChestShop developer or Mojang but its how the program/code works.

Bug reports and Suggestions are important but unless its absolutely game breaking - it will be added to the plate when time permits.

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
Just putting this here to document for anyone else that runs across the same issue. This isn't a bug, it's just how the item code system works. The order of enchants, and the lore/nbt data all play a role in what the itemcode ends up being. Part of that is with chain armor, who makes the armor as it gets added in to the lore data saying "Forged by X player"

So if you have two chain boots made by Kainzo one with Unb3/Prot4 and the other with Prot4/Unb3 they will have different itemcodes. If you then have two more made by me with the same enchants as Kainzo's had, those will have two completely different item codes than his had.

Status
Not open for further replies.