• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Short Monologue

Jackrox256

Obsidian
This is a little monologue/story detailing some of the thoughts that went through my mind in the past and present
This is half me getting my past thoughts straight and half working on some of my creative writing skills. Feel free to give some tips/advice on my writing, never hurts having some of it. Going to be working it through in chapters, forming short monologues in each.

Enjoy~

Chapter 1:

I walk these endless halls, questioning many things. I feel my thoughts rush through my mind, passing each other, questioning the very nature of my being, its purpose, its beginning, and when it will end. I question these things in endless day and sleepless nights. I continue to wonder if this never ending torment will end.

What exactly is forcing my mind to wander? Is it my three peers waiting for their prey to approach? Is it my never ending isolation? I often wonder when this started, when my thoughts turned from happiness to sorrow, when I started to regret returning to this prison masquerading as a school. It might have started when the three rabid dogs in front of me started their onslaught of rumors and backstabbing. These dogs were once my comrades, my pack masters. In a way I am happy I no longer sit in their narrow, horrific group of idiocy and prejudice. For only since my mind started this cycle of questions that I truly understood how to progress. It is a horrible and bitter truth, that the minds true and absolute way of maturing is through suffering. I witnessed this fact first hand. For this fact applies to me. I am without a doubt suffering. There is no conceivable and logical argument that can deny that fact. The first weeks of my isolation was shock and sorrow, but now it has come to understanding and acceptance. For now my mind has one course and one objective and one question. The question: how can I end this cycle of sorrow from my mind? The objective: To move on, through any means necessary.
Chapter 2:

As I continue on my endless tormented journey my mind wavers from it's goal. The objective in which I have set appears to have halted. Its halt is not at the fault of others but rather my own. My countless thoughts still echo within the walls of my diseased, weak mind.

Despite this sorrow there was a time where I saw light brighten my endless darkness, but it was a false one. I saw shelter from my betrayers, the pack that had once cast me aside. I returned to my old cell, rolling over and barking for my old masters. But such false light could not stay lit for long and I was cast out yet again, for reasons once again unknown. I question if I will find out the truth in my exile and why my once close friends chose to send me to this never ending abyss.

My sorrow has not yet passed but I now know its true source and origin. At first I condemned myself and only saw it as fault that I had committed; but no more. I now feel my fury burn within, and know who to direct it's wrath upon. The pack in which I use to belong will now bear witness to a new horror, a new enemy, and an old friend. One in which they created with their own lies, hate and hands. For this flame of hated will not die without its master's command, and all who stand in its way shall burn.
Chapter 3:

My anger twists my mind in the never ending darkness as I ponder the mysteries that still elude me. I circle the same thoughts as I question my never ending hunger for answers. But alas my hate could never be alone as where there is yin there must be yang, and vice versa.

Perhaps it is my now pessimistic view on life but my thoughts remain guarded. A new wolf has emerged from the pit of this prison. He has always been in the shadows of my eyes but it is to be expected considering the size of this landscape of treachery. He who has saved me from the pit of despair has come to welcome me into his pack of pups, wolves and dogs. Many a she and he scatter within and most look to me with rotten eyes. Whether this be in distrust of the false lies spread upon my name or perhaps in an instinct to ward of the unknown. Regardless I have come to admire the pack, for its ties are weak but its bond can be great. I question how long it will take for me to be considered a wolf, pup, or dog within their midst, or how long until I am considered prey. Only time will tell whether I am embraced with kinship, or with fangs to my throat.

Last edited:

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Wow!!! You got a creative writers streak in you. You should totally write some lore stories for the lore section of the forums.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
Wow!!! You got a creative writers streak in you. You should totally write some lore stories for the lore section of the forums.

Thanks!
I've had a small peek at the lore section. Seemed a bit unused and slightly barren when it came to posts. Will take a better look though, see if I can't come up with any ideas.

EDIT: Scratch that. Was thinking of a different section. :p