• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Shops Need To Be Made No PvP Areas

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
There I am, minding my own business, i buy a couple of iron swords in airbus's market. I turn around and wham! I am hit by a "crystal katana". I respawn, surprised and angry. My killer makes off with the goods i just bought.

Stores need to be made non pvp zones. When one shops he is leaving himself exposed while he clicks on the sign. He is forced to face in the direction of the chest he is buying from. He cannot continue to shop and protect himself. It is in no way fair that towns, while still pvp enabled, are protected from the influences of raiders. Shops are not, but should be. We need to rise up, and change the rules, to make the game more fair and balanced.

Ribido

Coal
I know it's frustrating to spend your coins then immediately be killed, heck who's to say it wasn't a shop owner killing you after buying the goods? But implementing a rule like this has much larger ramifications than just protecting you while shopping. This allows shops to compete with more than just price. Maybe one store is off the beaten path and less raided, maybe another provides security or a safe route out once items are purchased. Heck Iron items are easy enough to craft and every class can mine iron. Maybe you should take this as a sign to not shop somewhere due to the threat, rely on the shop owner to enforce a safe enviroment.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
The shop you are talking about is a shop along one of the four roads out of zeal. These roads already have a reputation of being dangerous. Do not expect to have a safe time walking along these roads.

Infact, why not just shop inside a township instead? For instance I think Ironpass has a shop that is free to use by anyone, and is safe to use by anyone, even non-citizens!

I agree with Dielan9999 and the other play who commented here. This is HEROCRAFT! This server is HARDCORE! We are not going to make places such as shops safe and non-pvp just so players do not get their stuff stolen. Like I said this is hardcore, this stuff is supposed to happen!

It is also up to the shop owned to make sure their shop is safe. Airbus has got players defending him, so they should be there to help, or at least nearby.

Angusward

Gold
That said, I think Kainzo's planning personal regions, but I don't know the exact details. It will probably involve a large setup fee, a large upkeep fee, or both.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
If you're unsure about the shop's safety - just don't go to the shop. The west road is a deathtrap a lot of the time, always people travelling around it because of Airbus's shop or people trying to get to the numerous cities that are around the west, which makes it pretty busy and a nice place for people to camp for xp. Besides, shops are responsible for their own security, if they can't keep 'raiders' out then they're the ones losing business, just don't go to them and they'll eventually come up with something to stop it. =P

Like Dielen said, if shops were made nopvp, I could just call Spire one huge shop, I wouldn't mind a 150x150 region for free :p

Edit: Would this do the trick?

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly, I think the existing shops should be pvp'd MORE. This would encourage people to band together to make a single location, a 'Herocraft Marketplace' if you will, and hire guards etc for it.

If you want a 'safe' shop area, make it happen yourselves, we're not giving out nopvp regions. Even when donors get personal regions (T4+ I believe will get some) they won't be able to toggle off PVP, only Staff can do that and Staff WON'T be doing that.

this is hardcore, bandits are part of that.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly, I think the existing shops should be pvp'd MORE. This would encourage people to band together to make a single location, a 'Herocraft Marketplace' if you will, and hire guards etc for it.

If you want a 'safe' shop area, make it happen yourselves, we're not giving out nopvp regions. Even when donors get personal regions (T4+ I believe will get some) they won't be able to toggle off PVP, only Staff can do that and Staff WON'T be doing that.

Guess what Zeal was intended to be? A bazzar made by TheTXlibra himself, most every building in zeal is a shop, the four towers are shops, Zeal is a GIANT-REGIONED-SHOP! So we already have one of these, fact is what you wrote about above is exactly what Libra invisioned it as. We already have one, it just needs to be up and running, and since players can't access Zeal regions, guess who that leaves it up to...?

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
The Ranger Corps is going to setup a shopper safety thing along the shops of the north road, If any shop owners read this, consult me for 99.99% customer protection.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
strongholdx, you hit the nail on the head. While we already have many many shops in Zeal, only Admins could give anyone permissions or make child regions in the shops, and sell/rent them.

Given how busy the Admins are when they are actually on (trust me, I know how busy they get, I was one, EVERYONE seems to need your help the entire time you're on.lol) this isn't a practical solution. The solution needs to be player-driven to be practical.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Sure its been said a bunch but:

Shops along the main roads are supposed to be dangerous, if you want to be moderatly safe, bring a posse with you, otherwise watch your back at all times, its herocraft, you should be doing that already :p

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

I am aware of this, Being a Mayor, Guide, Proctor, Loremaster, Banker, and semi-well known EVERYONE wants me for something. I'm sure its nothing compared to what admind go though, but hey, my point is if it aint broke don't fix it. If we have one, why make annother?

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I have tried guards, I have tried aliances, I have tired guilds, I have had people hunted and killed, I have had places pillaged in retrebution.

the problem occurs that a shop owner cannot be on 24/7 in fact I work alot and can be on very little lately.

when I am on my shop is considerably safe as most senior players show respect to me and my shop.
I'm on great terms with many many players and usally people come to my and others aid at my shop with out asking.

however there seem to be alot of noob's lately that just dont get the fundementals of the game experiance and thus decide a cheap ungame like store camp is ok.

If you find yourself haveing problems with people in my store PM thier names to me people with a history usally dissapear. :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have tried guards, I have tried aliances, I have tired guilds, I have had people hunted and killed, I have had places pillaged in retrebution.

the problem occurs that a shop owner cannot be on 24/7 in fact I work alot and can be on very little lately.

when I am on my shop is considerably safe as most senior players show respect to me and my shop.
I'm on great terms with many many players and usally people come to my and others aid at my shop with out asking.

however there seem to be alot of noob's lately that just dont get the fundementals of the game experiance and thus decide a cheap ungame like store camp is ok.

If you find yourself haveing problems with people in my store PM thier names to me people with a history usally dissapear. :)
Your shop rocks, everyone knows that