• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Shields & Healing while not in combat

jakeM56

Soulsand
I wanted to address two things, one being how arrows are useless against shields, and healing while not in combat.

First off, ranger is not useless against someone with a shield, but all the person has to do the whole fight is hold a shield up and use skills, ranger can only wait for a cool down for explosive shot or aimed shot, and perhaps use an axe, but even then barely anything happens. Shields should have like a 25 % chance of being penetrated for each arrow that hits, or maybe give arrows automatic punch when they hit a shield.

Also, healing while not in combat is the most horrible thing, I was pvping at spawn and I got some guy low and his buddy comes outta no where and just heals him while were still fighting and I tried to hit his buddy but he wasn't in combat, I can see this getting really abused if people decide to use this method. By the way, this "Strategy" may only be used in a no pvp zone such as spawn after being combat tagged in diamond or a hero gate after being combat tagged at a castle, all you have to do is run to a no pvp zone and a healer can heal you without being damaged. Just wanted to suggest a few things that could be not very fair. :/

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
When you say healing, I assume you mean skills, and if I'm not mistaken most heals will put the healer in combat if they heal someone in combat, and I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be that way.

On shields, I agree that they need some sort of balance against warriors. Theoretically shields are disabled when hit with a full charged axe swing, but I think it's been bugged out.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Ive seen disciple use chakra and renewal, no ct. I've seen Druid do the same, aswell as cleric. Dx
I can't say 100% on chakra, but I'm pretty sure renewal puts you into combat when healing someone who is in combat, but I'm DK atm and can't really test.

On shields, I agree that they need some sort of balance against warriors. Theoretically shields are disabled when hit with a full charged axe swing, but I think it's been bugged out.

Fully charged axe attacks have a natural 25% chance of disabling a shield (+ 5% per level of efficiency on the axe) and a 100% of disabling on a sprint axe attack

As for Jake, he is correct, I myself have healed players in combat and healing them did not combat tag me (when I was using druid soothe and disciple chakra)

[First time replying to someone, might have not done it correctly just as a heads up]