• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Shaman Skill - Banish

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Low cds...HA HAHAHAHAZHAHAHHAHAhfdfoiuashnfcikjubsdif
Oh look Guys its Malik Trying to Make His Class look Like Underpowerd shit.... again :p
Shocking 50 + 1.5 per hit (Most Shamans I've Seen Role with Around 20--30ish int)
Earthen - 35 + 1.25 Per int (Yeah That one was 60ish I think, I gave out 60 and 80 though cuz Wasnt Sure)
BOTH ON 10 SEC CD - Yeah Super Long right?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
In all seriousness:
(All damage is based of 30 INT)
Shocking Strike-
  • Damage: 95 PHY
  • Coodown: 10 CD
Earthern Fury:
  • Damage: 72 PHY
  • Cooldown: 10
Firestrike:
  • Damage: 200 magic + 180ish fire ( This damage is only if ever fireball hits and if you are damn lucky where the fireticks prevent you from getting hit by a fireball)
  • Cooldown: 25
WindGale:
  • Damage: 87.5 Magic
  • Cooldown: 15 CD
Chain Lightning:-
  • Damage: 180 Magic
    Oh look Guys its Malik Trying to Make His Class look Like Underpowerd shit.... again :p
    Shocking 50 + 1.5 per hit (Most Shamans I've Seen Role with Around 20--30ish int)
    Earthen - 35 + 1.25 Per int (Yeah That one was 60ish I think, I gave out 60 and 80 though cuz Wasnt Sure)
    BOTH ON 10 SEC CD - Yeah Super Long right?
    Now...Look at fireball:
Damage: 135 magic + 50 fire
Cooldown: 6

Considering that earthern fury is basically maim:
Maim-
Damage: 40+1.5
CD: 8

The only case you have is that shocking strike deals decent damage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
In all seriousness:
(All damage is based of 30 INT)
Shocking Strike-
  • Damage: 95 PHY
  • Coodown: 10 CD
Earthern Fury:
  • Damage: 72 PHY
  • Cooldown: 10
Firestrike:
  • Damage: 200 magic + 180ish fire ( This damage is only if ever fireball hits and if you are damn lucky where the fireticks prevent you from getting hit by a fireball)
WindGale:
  • Damage: 87.5 Magic
  • Cooldown: 15 CD
Chain Lightning:-
  • Damage: 180 Magic

Now...Look at fireball:
Damage: 135 magic + 50 fire
Cooldown: 6

Considering that earthern fury is basically maim:
Maim-
Damage: 40+1.5
CD: 8

The only case you have is that shocking strike deals decent damage.
Well I mean Firestrike Shouldnt Have the Same Damage as Fireball Considering its 10 times as easy to land
If you add all this damage up its Not Horrible Like you say it is XD.... Im just Gunna be Done Debating THis with you cuz you Always Try to make your class seem Underpowerd and Hard to Play so That People think Your good XD. So yeah the Reason Im done Debating this is cuz this is a Shaman suggestion not a Post Debating Shamans Damage.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well I mean Firestrike Shouldnt Have the Same Damage as Fireball Considering its 10 times as easy to land
If you add all this damage up its Not Horrible Like you say it is XD.... Im just Gunna be Done Debating THis with you cuz you Always Try to make your class seem Underpowerd and Hard to Play so That People think Your good XD. So yeah the Reason Im done Debating this is cuz this is a Shaman suggestion not a Post Debating Shamans Damage.
I was comparing fireball to Earthern/Shocking. Not only do they deal less damage, they have a higher cd, and are melee skills. I've never said shaman is underpowered (Just that it's role is very unclear atm). The class has both mediocre damage and healing. Together it's ok, but it doesn't have a real role.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Malik Trying to Make His Class
MY class. Jerk.

Anyway, it has a bit of burst if you don't mind using a lot of mana...
provided the enemy has no heals and doesn't out-DPS you...

(And yes, fire ticks reduce overall damage potential. It's game logic.)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I was comparing fireball to Earthern/Shocking. Not only do they deal less damage, they have a higher cd, and are melee skills. I've never said shaman is underpowered (Just that it's role is very unclear atm). The class has both mediocre damage and healing. Together it's ok, but it doesn't have a real role.
I know what I'm talking about and shamans damage is SHIT :p
I agree with The Post about Heals + Damage Being OK Togather but illy pick one :p

MY class. Jerk.

Anyway, it has a bit of burst if you don't mind using a lot of mana...
provided the enemy has no heals and doesn't out-DPS you...

(And yes, fire ticks reduce overall damage potential. It's game logic.)
I su srry plz no hurt me BTW YOU SAID YOU WOULD GIVE ME A COOKIE IF I MASTERD A CLASS IN BASTION AND I STILL DIDINT GET IT

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with The Post about Heals + Damage Being OK Togather but illy pick one :p

I su srry plz no hurt me BTW YOU SAID YOU WOULD GIVE ME A COOKIE IF I MASTERD A CLASS IN BASTION AND I STILL DIDINT GET IT
It's damage is SHIT for a mage, but overall it's ok...ish...kinda...fuck it

szatanista

Soulsand
@JupiterRome @malikdanab And that pretty much ends the discussion. My last words in this thread, Im not trying to prove that shaman is underpowerd because hes not(if he was I wouldn't play him duh). What im trying to say is that he need some work with his skillset, like one more dmg skill or one more heal/buff. Thats all.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The synergy comes from the fact that shaman relies on fighting in clever locations, using their environment to help them place the smartest totems they can.

Consider the following:
Banish: 8 second stun while invuln. While the Banish is happening, the shaman:
A) Shaman sees opportunity for OP fall damage. Places ForceTotem, positions self to WindGale. As Banish ends, force launches and they WG.
B) Shaman is on flat ground fighting in a 1v1. While the 8 second banish is happening, they place a simple 8 cobblestone fence wall (1 high) around the block their target is stunned in. The lack of mobility greatly increases Fire Totems % hit, even if they immediately block jump out by forcing the 1 block vertical it should help DPS.

Reactions? I'll post more later.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I truly love this idea, but I think a lot of Shamans would just use it as an easy escape.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The synergy comes from the fact that shaman relies on fighting in clever locations, using their environment to help them place the smartest totems they can.

Consider the following:
Banish: 8 second stun while invuln. While the Banish is happening, the shaman:
A) Shaman sees opportunity for OP fall damage. Places ForceTotem, positions self to WindGale. As Banish ends, force launches and they WG.
B) Shaman is on flat ground fighting in a 1v1. While the 8 second banish is happening, they place a simple 8 cobblestone fence wall (1 high) around the block their target is stunned in. The lack of mobility greatly increases Fire Totems % hit, even if they immediately block jump out by forcing the 1 block vertical it should help DPS.

Reactions? I'll post more later.
In the case of windgale+ force: I've never tested it myself, but I'm pretty sure force's code the make is that you don't receive fall damage would stay even if you windgale. Besides if it actually works, the timing is near impossible since winggale has a warm-up.

While scenario B is nice, it really only garanties 1 extra tick from a totem and would be completely impractical in anything thats not a 1v1. While it would have it's uses in removing a key player from a fight so you can focus on others, like Babomba said it would be too powerful as an escape.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. In the case of windgale+ force: I've never tested it myself, but I'm pretty sure force's code the make is that you don't receive fall damage would stay even if you windgale. Besides if it actually works, the timing is near impossible since winggale has a warm-up.
2. Snip firetotem see above
1. Change EngulfingTotem to grant a Debuff-over-time (no more than 2 seconds duration) of -20 Agility. This will allow for the first ForceTotem fall to do some damage.
And-
Change ForceTotem to never grant safe fall. Chaining ForceTotem after the EngulfingTotem (reduces AGI by 20) should do damage as a combo, I thought it worked.

Banish could also make the Stunned target invisible. 1 second before they become un-Banished the skill could say "player flickers back into existence", and the Invisibility drops. This would allow for ForceTotem and WG synergy by making the timing easy each time Banish is available.

2. I agree, only one tick of fireball would have a higher chance and the fire tick invuln frames are still an issue. Thanks, it wasn't the best example.

Edit:
3. Also consider the Group pick possibilities of Banish. If a retreating target gets banished, their team has to stand their ground or continue retreating, giving up their doomed ally.

edit2:
Much like GA/MassPiggify(a bit) helps teams Combat-Cast Revive, I imagine Banish would help if you banish the Silence-CC'er or Damage Threat to ensure a possible Revive cast. Shaman still has Revive, despite being a "Caster". Seems like a strong use of Banish to me (albeit situational); Reaction?

edit3:
tagging some of the useful posters
@0xNaomi
@malikdanab
@BaBomba
@mikehk
@szatanista
@JupiterRome
Tl : Dr [The Bold-ed Type]

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
FYI not disliking the skill, but like in your post, it would require shamans kit to be adjusted. I'm all up for shaman getting more skills, because it really needs some.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes, any New Skill to an established class usually sees additional small adjustments.
edit @malikdanab et al. - If no Banish, what about the Force/Engulfing Totem tweaks to add Fall damage (especially for low-AGI tanks) into Shaman's rotation?
/edit

In this case the Additional Changes might be lowered CD on EngulfingTotem and ForceTotem, with an increase in DMG and CD for FireTotem.

just an example of the potential tweaking if a new skill like Banish was implemented.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Yes, any New Skill to an established class usually sees additional small adjustments.
edit @malikdanab et al. - If no Banish, what about the Force/Engulfing Totem tweaks to add Fall damage (especially for low-AGI tanks) into Shaman's rotation?
/edit

In this case the Additional Changes might be lowered CD on EngulfingTotem and ForceTotem, with an increase in DMG and CD for FireTotem.

just an example of the potential tweaking if a new skill like Banish was implemented.
I'd just kill the fire ticks in firestrike, that'd prolly up the dmg right there.

Force is useless, fall dmg is OP, Engulfing just needs to stop jumping because a raw slow is useless.
If you wanted a dmging manipulation totem, have it tick dmg quickly while slowing, so you either stay inside and take slow dmg or run out and take the higher dmg, with the former leaving you open and the latter leaving you initially weaker.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@0xNaomi Thoughts specifically on allowing the Engulfing Totem debuff to last a bit longer so that Shaman can chain fall damage with the agility loss by using WindGale or ForceTotem?