• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Server lag?

I had heard that this server ran smoothly, but when I logged on the server lag was almost unbearable, the monsters died about 5 seconds after hitting them and the people we sliding from one spot to the next very quickly. I am based within 5 states from the server but this is becoming a problem. Is this normal? I do have very good internet.

It is just the server. It is a combo of all the players and plugins that cause this. A solution is being worked on.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Sometimes it's flawless, sometimes you can't even move. It depends on the current version of minecraft, bmod, and all the plugins put together. It's not good to be on an outdated server(minecraft wise), and sometimes its just not as good a mix as the last, and often times it keeps getting better!

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
It is just the server. It is a combo of all the players and plugins that cause this. A solution is being worked on.
There's only one plugin that affects server lag, and that's LogBlock. We have a powerful server and an excellent colocation centre. The only thing keeping us from having a huge player cap with low lag is that server owners and operators can't use multi-threading in Minecraft code. If you want change, tweet @notch asking for it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Server is performing at expectations, want a change? bug notch or jeb on twitter or #minecraft to multithread the game.
We put an 80 person cap so the lag isnt too horrid.
More players, more lag.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
This server is one of the smoothest servers I have ever played on, which is astonishing because it is also the largest and has the most plug-ins. Whatever Kain is using to run this server is working fine. You probably will not find a smoother server anywhere on minecraft.