• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Self Heal Reduction reduced or Removed

Carlover1234

Obsidian
As a Bloodmage I hate this new self heal reduction! I'm sure many of you that can heal know what I'm talking about and feel the same way. It's just annoying and gets in the way. Especially with bloodmage since we have to sacrifice hp to use our skills. So I suggest that the self heal reduction should be removed entirely or reduced to 10%. I just think it's completely unnecessary. I hope many of you will agree with me!:) Also why was this implemented in the first place?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The self heal nerf allows healer classes to have stronger healing abilities while remaining balanced solo classes. Most of the healer classes do better in 2v2's or more.

Without the self heal reduction, healer spec Heal Skills would be weaker and they would lose some of their unique placement within the combat system.

edit: there are several enthusiastic bloodmage players on the server, I suggest you seek a mentor!

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm sure most of you will disagree with what I am about to say, but hear me out. Since I know, Carlover, you're a bloodmage, I am sure you mainly want the self-heal reduction reduced for bloodmage since they rarely heal other allies, but bloodmage is already extremely powerful with the self-heal reduction.

Dsawemd is right, the reason why this was implented is because without it healer specs would be viewed as a much too strong solo class, such as cleric. The self-heal reduction stresses the need to heal allies. I understand bloodmage's chant heals only about 30 more hp than a bandage, but it gains about 200 hp back just from soulleech and drainsoul.

If anything, the heal regeant should be lowered to 50 hp or so rather than 100. Lets wait until the class revamps and see what happens.

Arturec

Soulsand
Soul Leech and Drainsoul are reduced too.

According to the self heal thing, I agree, although I'm sure that it was meant to mitigate some of the heals to keep it balanced, even though they are reduced, bloodbond would heal for a bonus (was it 14%?) which would help make up for it, even though it IS disappointing when you expect 1/8th of your health from a drainsoul and you get maybe 1/10th or less :p

and think about this,

-Ninjas can do 100+ PER HIT
-Wizards can do easily 100+ with 1 spell
-Clerics can easily do 100 (Smite lol) with a hit, and also do ~43 per hit, and they have better heals.
-Samurai can do 100+ PER HIT (Plus all of that DoT no sprint BS and they can go through your constrict, even if you silence them they'll be fine... usually...)
-Even mystics get bolt... I think....

Even with a full combo off, you still lose a good amount of health, you are still squishy, and other classes have skills too... it's not just about "Ooh! this class looks great on paper!" but how many people do you think will even master this class. I'm not saying the class sucks, but maybe give a hand to the less fortunates who aren't Bloodmage Geniuses? ;)

Especially when most classes have at least an interrupt to spells... like bash, kick, etc.
5 seconds in a fight is enough to get killed, and you spend 3 of them to get BloodBoil + SoulLeech off, and another 2.5 healing yourself with Chant... Constrict costs 70 hp to cast and has a 20 second cooldown for a 7 second slow, and silence has a 15s CD while costing 50 hp for a 5s silence... it seems like alot of classes can take advantage of this REALLY easily, because they can access this health reserve without too much mitigation. (Armor)

Carlover1234

Obsidian
According to the self heal thing, I agree, although I'm sure that it was meant to mitigate some of the heals to keep it balanced, even though they are reduced, bloodbond would heal for a bonus (was it 14%?) which would help make up for it, even though it IS disappointing when you expect 1/8th of your health from a drainsoul and you get maybe 1/10th or less :p

and think about this,

-Ninjas can do 100+ PER HIT
-Wizards can do easily 100+ with 1 spell
-Clerics can easily do 100 (Smite lol) with a hit, and also do ~43 per hit, and they have better heals.
-Samurai can do 100+ PER HIT (Plus all of that DoT no sprint BS and they can go through your constrict, even if you silence them they'll be fine... usually...)
-Even mystics get bolt... I think....

Even with a full combo off, you still lose a good amount of health, you are still squishy, and other classes have skills too... it's not just about "Ooh! this class looks great on paper!" but how many people do you think will even master this class. I'm not saying the class sucks, but maybe give a hand to the less fortunates who aren't Bloodmage Geniuses? ;)

Especially when most classes have at least an interrupt to spells... like bash, kick, etc.
5 seconds in a fight is enough to get killed, and you spend 3 of them to get BloodBoil + SoulLeech off, and another 2.5 healing yourself with Chant... Constrict costs 70 hp to cast and has a 20 second cooldown for a 7 second slow, and silence has a 15s CD while costing 50 hp for a 5s silence... it seems like alot of classes can take advantage of this REALLY easily, because they can access this health reserve without too much mitigation. (Armor)
Maybe Bloodmages should get a hp boost too. See that self healing reduction should just be removed. At least for group heals and drain heals like Soul Leech and Drainsoul.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Carlover1234 Please stop spamming your own posts by continuously agreeing with yourself. Also, just a heads up, suggestions that have real thought put into them are better received.
Also: No, I am not a healer spec.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Fine. I'll stop doing that. Interesting then you don't know how us healers feel about this.

Healers shouldn't be able to completely dominate in 1v1s that's why they are healers they are used for team fights not pwning face by having op self heals

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Our self heals are not op. I think at least our reduction should be reduced down to 10%. Most of our specs suck at pvp.

Dude your so stupid your class isn't made for 1v1 pvp it's made for supporting people. Unless you actually no how to play your class which you obviously don't then you can't 1v1

Carlover1234

Obsidian
I know that! Don't call me stupid either. Don't you agree though that at least our draining spells shouldn't have a healing reduction?
My DrainSoul for example should heal me 90 hp but it only heals me 69 hp.

Arturec

Soulsand
Dude your so stupid your class isn't made for 1v1 pvp it's made for supporting people. Unless you actually no how to play your class which you obviously don't then you can't 1v1

Lol Bloodmage is for supporting people. (Bloodbond is broken FYI...)
Just look at it's skills. It is very good in a 2v1, (When it isn't the main focus) but I feel like if it was meant for a support BloodBond should work... (And chant shouldn't cost you 1/8th of your heath to heal somebody when it has a 12 sec CD)

Some of these things feel like the bloodmage is the sacrificial lamb... XD

Carlover1234

Obsidian
Lol Bloodmage is for supporting people. (Bloodbond is broken FYI...)
Just look at it's skills. It is very good in a 2v1, (When it isn't the main focus) but I feel like if it was meant for a support BloodBond should work... (And chant shouldn't cost you 1/8th of your heath to heal somebody when it has a 12 sec CD)

Some of these things feel like the bloodmage is the sacrificial lamb... XD
I agree. When was Bloodmage a supporting class? Not all healing classes are for support. I mean all healing classes should support a few allies with healing but that doesn't mean we're all supporters.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Our self heals are not op. I think at least our reduction should be reduced down to 10%. Most of our specs suck at pvp.
Yes they are that's why they got nerfed in the first place.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol Bloodmage is for supporting people.
Just look at it's skills. It is very good in a 2v1, (When it isn't the main focus)
Hah!
1. A 2v1 scenario doesnt give a very good idea of a class's balance, mastered pvp the 2 should always win if they can play their class.
2. Bloodmage can do much more than team up with someone to kill a single opponent.