• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Seikuken/IronFist blows.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I am not 100% sure what needs to be updated yet. The formula of 0.1 block increase per agility seems to hold true for most classes. I will hop on test and see where the disparity is and pass along.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I am not 100% sure what needs to be updated yet. The formula of 0.1 block increase per agility seems to hold true for most classes. I will hop on test and see where the disparity is and pass along.

It seems correct to me, at least as far as dragoons and rangers go. (haven't played the other classes so I can't account for them)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
wiki team lead does have access to code, but code changes very frequently at times so, ya know, things get left behind. But if you see anything like this that needs updating feel free to tag anyone on wikiteam or especially @WitchOnaRampage

That said, as quoted by malik i think the formula is basically 0.1 blocks per agility, but certain classes must have different base values.
Just checked on test:

Dragoon has a base of 5
Ninja has a base of 6
Ranger has a base of 4
Disciple has a base of 4
Runeblade has a base of 4

Everyone else has a base of 3

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Just checked on test:

Dragoon has a base of 5
Ninja has a base of 6
Ranger has a base of 4

Yes this seems true, all classes gain 0.1 per agility, but different bases. Runeblade and disciple also have base of 4, all other classes 3. When we say base, we mean value at 0 agility, not necessarily what agility score they start at.

@WitchOnaRampage may be worth adding these base values to class descriptions on wiki for clarification.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Agility's affect on tumble should be 0.1 blocks per point of agility. Seems pretty straightforward to me...
The base at zero is 3 blocks. The formula should be:
Number of blocks without fall damage = (3 + (A * 0.1))
I guess my confusion is that tumble didn't include the base of 3 blocks before. Is that a straight subtraction of damage or a threshold, because it also used to be that tumble would simply prevent damage until the limit, then you would take full damage

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It should be noted that these skills were meant to compliment each other; slow a group of people with IronFist and then disarm/deal damage to them in the process if they left click you while your Seikuken is on for 3 seconds. That said, should something like this really cost 775 stamina and 20% of my mana? Too high, in my opinion.
For the record, IronFist and Seikuken were never meant to compliment each other. They are stand alone skills. IronFist was merely reverted to something akin to the original IronFist, and Seikuken was created as it's own skill. I had no intentions of having these "work together".

Agility's affect on tumble should be 0.1 blocks per point of agility. Seems pretty straightforward to me...
The base at zero is 3 blocks. The formula should be:
Number of blocks without fall damage = (3 + (A * 0.1))
This is correct. It's also worth noting that the base is 3 because that is vanilla. Some classes, such as Dragoon, Ninja, and Disciple, have varying levels of increases to this base. You are also correct with the below.
Just checked on test:

Dragoon has a base of 5
Ninja has a base of 6
Ranger has a base of 4
Disciple has a base of 4
Runeblade has a base of 4

Everyone else has a base of 3

To all of those that say "everyone has tumble now so fall damage is not a big deal", you are wrong. Fall damage is just as prevelent this map as it was last. The only thing changing that is if a player pushes for an agility build, which most people do not do. A Wizard with 0 to 9 agility is no different than on bastion. You must have 10 agility for a full block of fall damage negation. The decimals can help a bit when dealing with skill-based fall damage (if say, IronFist knocked you up 3.5 blocks, 6 agility would negate the damage). I am also aware that many people do very balanced based builds, some of which consist of putting 10ish points in agility, but despite this, I still do not wish to see fall damage integrated into skills.

-------
Getting more on topic, perhaps Disciple is a bit weak right now. With this last rework, it started off as the most powerful class on Herocraft. Nothing would beat it, and it had everything it could possibly ask for. Damage, heals, tankyness, sustain, and kitability. I dealt regular nerfs to the class almost every day while developing attributes until eventually arriving at where we are today.

Maybe Ironfist / Seikuken got hit too hard, maybe it didn't. If the Balance team wishes to push some changes, so be it. However, I do not wish to bring fall damage back into the equation, and I do not wish to see the slowness factor on Seikuken lowered beyond Slowness 4. The slowness is within the design of the skill. It's possible that adding physical skills to "invuln" is possible, but I can't say whether or not that is a good idea.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
[quote="Nashah, post: 368460, member: 8255"
Naturally you can fall 3 blocks without taking any fall damage (checked the minecraft wiki). When tumble adds a number like with dragoons and rangers it means it adds to the base 3 you can already fall, making it 5 automatically. Adding 30 points of agility then raises it another 3 to 8.[/quote]
Correct, and now clarified in the wiki.