• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Seeking Denizen/Citizen Quest writers

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
The Lore Nut in me is sad I rolled poorly on my Technical stat. I can write, but know nothing of coding.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The Lore Nut in me is sad I rolled poorly on my Technical stat. I can write, but know nothing of coding.
It's actually not hard to pick up - I will be doing the implementation of this anyways. What we need is an attempt at the basic formatting and how to do the quests. We can do A LOT. :)

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
I am a fairly good writer, and while I've done a bit of scripting before and this looks VERY easy to pick up, I'm scared of making the commitment to help for fear of other games interfering.

Is there any way I can write quests with certain constraints so that your volunteer coders can easily put them together? I want to help, it's just learning the script syntax that's bothering me.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, I'm going to try to learn; i just hope i can pick it up before the map comes out, haha

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am a fairly good writer, and while I've done a bit of scripting before and this looks VERY easy to pick up, I'm scared of making the commitment to help for fear of other games interfering.

Is there any way I can write quests with certain constraints so that your volunteer coders can easily put them together? I want to help, it's just learning the script syntax that's bothering me.
By all means - submit what work you can and we will edit/change it and use it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
My writing skills are not that good but if anyone has ideas but doesn't have the time to throw together the script feel free to pm me the details and I'll try and throw it together.

I'll attempt to write my own in the process but they'll probably be pretty generic :p

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I have never coded in my life, but looking at the example quest would it be possible to simply edit some of the item IDs, chat messages and quest names and get a new quest though with the same sort of idea behind it (like more collecting quests)?

I have no experience but if someone would point me in a direction that would help me learn, I have tons of free time that I could spend learning and within a week or two I bet I would be able to start helping out with the quests.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
My writing skills are not that good but if anyone has ideas but doesn't have the time to throw together the script feel free to pm me the details and I'll try and throw it together.

I'll attempt to write my own in the process but they'll probably be pretty generic :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I could probably contribute ideas, but not scripting prowess. So I may take Danda up on his offer.

Could towns buy quest NPCs, perhaps? A way to collect materials or complete work without requiring the presence of a leader online...

A

alexhoff1

I'm also willing to learn.
@Kainzo

Got some spare time before school, as long as these can be done before the wipe, ofcourse :p

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, I see what you mean. It does look rather simple, just a lot of typing. Will get started on writing a quest chain for tutorial island once I figure out a couple more triggers/linking quests.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
What kind of quests are you looking for/already have? I can go ahead and make the starting up quests that I was making with Citizens1.2 if you don't already have them.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Will be updating my quests on my github

If you want to see an example of a quest PM me, I'll give you a pastie link to another example. (It may be more advanced, so watch out!)