• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai...

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
With this new class "revamp" I honestly believe Samurai was broken. There is no reason Cleave should be part of the main rotation in a 1v1 for sammy. It is an AOE, not a single target skill. We filled our part before as a DOT dealing swordsmen with minimal armor, compared to other warriors. Sammy was that type of fighter when the rotation included it's unique skills MW, and Disgrace. Now the tick dmg is so slow that it's not worth using over cleave or bash in some cases.

I really feel that more attention should be made to our DOT skills, so that the feel of sammy is not so "face rolling" with excessive use of basic warrior skills. Same with dragoons btw.

I don't know what happened to make such a drastic change, but the class feels wrong. We still kill just as fast, if not faster, while in melee range. Also with the addition of AsuraSlash (awful skill in current state) taking 6 stam, for a net of 80 dmg w/o fearless, and not sure numbers w/ fearless. Whilst giving other classes rape mode skills with a much better outcome/tradeoff. Maybe I just don't like MC anymore, but these changes have detoured me from playing very much.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
To be honest, i always felt Sammy was supposed to be a in your face, massive damage yet sorta squishy character. If you wanted DoT's that was what DK was for. At least, when i played DK, which WAS some time ago. Still, sammy isnt perfect, but DK always felt more DoTsy (real word, i made it) than Sammy.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
To be honest, i always felt Sammy was supposed to be a in your face, massive damage yet sorta squishy character. If you wanted DoT's that was what DK was for. At least, when i played DK, which WAS some time ago. Still, sammy isnt perfect, but DK always felt more DoTsy (real word, i made it) than Sammy.

Problem is, our main damage source is now Cleave and Bash which are skills that other classes have. I only use Disgrace to farm mobs now or to tag people. And Mortalwound I never use, except against Healers sometimes. Disgrace/Bleed used to be our main skill, now it does damage every 7 seconds which is an enternity in melee PvP.

AsuraSlash, I don't even know what sort of skill this is. It has less damage than Cleave, it's not AoE like Cleave, does self-damage, has longer cooldown than Cleave and is our lvl 65 skill. Screw that.

Windwalk is only 15 sec with a huge Cooldown and only Speed 2. I don't really use it anymore, I just walk around with my speed 2 potions that lasts 6x longer.

Impermanence has like 3 min CD, it's not even useful as it doesn't get us out of real threats like Piggify.

Fearless is good.

Bladegrasp is good.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Problem is, our main damage source is now Cleave and Bash which are skills that other classes have. I only use Disgrace to farm mobs now or to tag people. And Mortalwound I never use, except against Healers sometimes. Disgrace/Bleed used to be our main skill, now it does damage every 7 seconds which is an enternity in melee PvP.

AsuraSlash, I don't even know what sort of skill this is. It has less damage than Cleave, it's not AoE like Cleave, does self-damage, has longer cooldown than Cleave and is our lvl 65 skill. Screw that.

Windwalk is only 15 sec with a huge Cooldown and only Speed 2. I don't really use it anymore, I just walk around with my speed 2 potions that lasts 6x longer.

Impermanence has like 3 min CD, it's not even useful as it doesn't get us out of real threats like Piggify.

Fearless is good.

Bladegrasp is good.

Exactly.

KleenX

Iron
With this new class "revamp" I honestly believe Samurai was broken. There is no reason Cleave should be part of the main rotation in a 1v1 for sammy. It is an AOE, not a single target skill. We filled our part before as a DOT dealing swordsmen with minimal armor, compared to other warriors. Sammy was that type of fighter when the rotation included it's unique skills MW, and Disgrace. Now the tick dmg is so slow that it's not worth using over cleave or bash in some cases.

I really feel that more attention should be made to our DOT skills, so that the feel of sammy is not so "face rolling" with excessive use of basic warrior skills. Same with dragoons btw.

I don't know what happened to make such a drastic change, but the class feels wrong. We still kill just as fast, if not faster, while in melee range. Also with the addition of AsuraSlash (awful skill in current state) taking 6 stam, for a net of 80 dmg w/o fearless, and not sure numbers w/ fearless. Whilst giving other classes rape mode skills with a much better outcome/tradeoff. Maybe I just don't like MC anymore, but these changes have detoured me from playing very much.

I am no sammy but I believe that bash's dmg should be nerfed on sammy(as well as the stam decreased). Asura slash should be made a DOT or something. Cleave should be taken away from sammy. But then MW and Disgrace should be made how they used to be. Then it will be just like old sammy(which everyone thought was op) but without some of the other skills. This would fit sammy's role. Idk what do you think?

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I would be 100% ok with sammys losing cleave. Maybe even losing Asuraslash, and gaining a real skill.
I am no sammy but I believe that bash's dmg should be nerfed on sammy(as well as the stam decreased). Asura slash should be made a DOT or something. Cleave should be taken away from sammy. But then MW and Disgrace should be made how they used to be. Then it will be just like old sammy(which everyone thought was op) but without some of the other skills. This would fit sammy's role. Idk what do you think?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
AsuraSlash is...a bit of an inconvenience. It essentially suffers from the same issue as cleave. If it's too useful, it becomes part of your main rotation. If it doesn't do enough damage, there's no point to really even use it.

But honestly, this entire ordeal has been caused by the armor penetration bug (all skills pierce armor). This is making warrior specs deal a lot more damage than normal. Cleave, Bash, and Strike. These are all piercing armor, and thus, dealing much more damage than intended.

I have been pushing for this bug to get fixed, but alas, it has proven to be more difficult to solve than I had hoped. The balance team has neglected to change these skills due to the fact that once the bug gets fixed, they will re-balance themselves out. However, it has lasted a bit too long, and if it can't be fixed before the next update, these abilities will be weakened to compensate.

After the DoT tick rate was reduced, this forced the warrior abilities to become even more viable. While I agree that the tick-rate is a bit low now, it kind of needed it. Samurai was previously too strong, and needed to be toned down. However,it wasn't intended for their main rotation to be switched up in the way it has been.

We'll be trying to tweak things for the next update, but there are no guarantees that everything will be "as it used to be".

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
This entire ordeal was initially caused by the armor penetration bug (all skills pierce armor). This caused all warrior specs to start dealing a lot more damage than normal.

Cleave, Bash, and Strike. These are all piercing armor, and thus, dealing much more damage than intended.

I have been pushing for this bug to get fixed, but alas, it has proven to be more difficult to solve than I had hoped. The balance team has neglected to change these skills due to the fact that once the bug gets fixed, they will re-balance themselves out. However, it has lasted a bit too long, and if it can't be fixed before the next update, these abilities will be weakened to compensate.

AsuraSlash is...a bit of an inconvenience. It essentially suffers from the same issue as cleave. If it's too useful, it becomes part of your main rotation. If it doesn't do enough damage, there's no point to really even use it.

We'll be trying to tweak things for the next update, but there are no guarantees that everything will be "as it used to be".
Why doesn't the armor piercing bug go on #1 priority. Seems like there have been tons of updates since this bug was discovered. This bug is pretty big.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
>be wunderbuck
>notice samurai isn't op
>whine

>Be Ellron
>still suck
>claims sammy is OP
>w0nd3r made it what it was
>glhf

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

>be wunderbuck
>try to have a comeback
>fail
>be Ellron
>never get laid
>fail at life
>get fucked kid
>stay on topic
>thanks

Honestly, you are pathetic kid, go crawl back in a hole and shut your face. I never once claimed sammy was weak in ANY way other than the fact the class is non unique and is "clunky"
Sammy is broken in terms of how it should be played. So please read before you comment. SABOD.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
>be Ellron
>never get laid
>fail at life
>get fucked kid
>stay on topic
>thanks

Honestly, you are pathetic kid, go crawl back in a hole and shut your face. I never once claimed sammy was weak in ANY way other than the fact the class is non unique and is "clunky"
Sammy is broken in terms of how it should be played. So please read before you comment. SABOD.

Yah, well I never get laid because I'm going g to wait until God chooses my wife for me and we are married. Whats with the flaming though? It makes you seem really confident in your argument when you flame hard.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok guys stay on topic because someone will lock this thread. Simmer down! Then samurai won't be changed. Yeah they need to change the DoTs back wtf triggering every 6-7 seconds for only 3 times.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I just feel like samurai doesn't fit it's name. IMO it needs a decent rework or a name change.