• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Samurai

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I'd like one of the balance team members to check on how much damage all of their skills do, I heard they do incorrect damage.

macura

Diamond
I'd like one of the balance team members to check on how much damage all of their skills do, I heard they do incorrect damage.
Mortalwound is doing too much damage on lower armored targets. It used to be this way but it was changed to that it went through armor, making it affect every spec the same. However something went wrong and it is dealing more damage than it is supposed to on targets with low armor and too little on targets that have a lot of armor.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Mortalwound is doing too much damage on lower armored targets. It used to be this way but it was changed to that it went through armor, making it affect every spec the same. However something went wrong and it is dealing more damage than it is supposed to on targets with low armor and too little on targets that have a lot of armor.
I'd like exact amounts though.

macura

Diamond
I'd like exact amounts though.
I looked through our old posts on the assignment thread and without armor it was dealing 197 damage, we would have to test how armor negation affects the damage because i remember that the initial damage that it was dealing was what caused the problem, and what was being negated by armor. Keep in mind that this is only broken on the real server, not the test server. What is also kind of odd is that bleed is ok on the real server but is dealing 30 extra on the test. So you would need to go onto the actual server to check what the damage with armor reduction is.

macura

Diamond
Anyone else think that samurais deal too much damage and don't have strong counters.

Things that counter samurai:
Beguiler
DK
Paladin
Wizard (This one is pretty iffy because samurai's dots take out a massive percentage of wizard's health so they fight can go either way, in a fight between a wizard and a samurai any side could win)
Things that samurai counters:
All healers (expect sometimes clerics)
All rogues
pyromancer
necromancer
dragoons

Samurais have:
Damage of a ninja
Armor slightly better than bard
mobility of a runeblade
with disarm and bladegrasp they are next to impossible to beat in a melee fight.
In almost any fight you can get into as a samurai you are most likely going to counter them.

I think that lowering their base damage would balance this out a little more. They currently hit 91 with a diamond sword, maybe lower that to 83-85.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Samurai is tricky, I look at them as a armored version Ninja. I think they are kinda in the same boat as Ninjas as well right now. I agree they need changed, but I'm not really sure how to do that at this point.

yoIyo

Obsidian
I agree, we need to figure out a way to hit Samurai's without making them completely useless, as they are out "classing" most specializations.

macura

Diamond
Anyone think that windwalk should only be a speed 2 instead of a speed 3? This would make them far less of a caster killer and hopefully establish something that counters them.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Anyone think that windwalk should only be a speed 2 instead of a speed 3? This would make them far less of a caster killer and hopefully establish something that counters them.

I could agree with this.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
If you reduced windwalk to speed two what would be the point in using it over a speed two potion? Speed two potions may take a second to drink but they also last for 9 times as long.

c12095

Holy Shit!
If you reduced windwalk to speed two what would be the point in using it over a speed two potion? Speed two potions may take a second to drink but they also last for 9 times as long.

Instant cast, able to be used in arenas, doesn't take a potion, did I miss anything else?

faredX

Gold
It seems Disgrace's damage on time is affected by the opponents armor causing them to deal less damage then intended.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Does Samurai need Disarm? They have Bladegrasp, Impermanence, and Windwalk to help them deal with periods of heavy melee damage, which is what Disarm does.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Does Samurai need Disarm? They have Bladegrasp, Impermanence, and Windwalk to help them deal with periods of heavy melee damage, which is what Disarm does.
No, they don't. Disarm, however, is somewhat of a template skill for warriors.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Possibly juat reduce the duration of their disarm.
I like the idea of making path "template skills" have unique characteristics for specilizations; we need to make sure that each final unique version is presented correctly to the public through wiki or in-game /skills ? info.