• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai Balance Changes

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Instead of posting individual skill suggestions, I thought it would be a little easier to post it all in one location.

Bleed: Reduce range to 5 -> increase dmg to 100

MortalWound: Increase range to 4-5

InfernoBlade: Reduce CD to 45-60 seconds. (Let's be honest. An instant cast ~90-100 dmg silence doesn't need a 250 sec CD)

Honor: Take 75% of remaining health, and gives party members +5 strength and 15 hp every .5 seconds for 5 seconds (applies slow IV to sammy during 5 seconds). Keep warmup and CD. Why it is currently a mana regen skill is beyond me.

Increase base HP by 30 and base dmg by 3-5

These are suggestions, and open to discussion. Class needs some love since the reintroduction.

@Balance Team

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
From the repos I can see, bleed is a DOT so I assume you mean 100 dmg over time not per tick so the math for this to happen would be:

Skill lasts: 10 seconds, ticks every 2 seconds meaning: it will tick 5 times
100/5= 20 dmg per tick (on the skills repo it is currently listed as 15 dmg per tick as I understand this is either not pushed/bugged

My only issue with this change is from my end it seems that the cool down for this skill is exactly the same as the duration of the skill, both are 10 seconds. While it does take 300 stamina, I don't think that samurai's should be able to output constant DOT damage. I recommend increasing the CD of the skill so the skill just isn't constant damage that can be looped.

Everything else seems ok.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Skill lasts: 10 seconds, ticks every 2 seconds meaning: it will tick 5 times
100/5= 20 dmg per tick (on the skills repo it is currently listed as 15 dmg per tick as I understand this is either not pushed/bugged
It's been working for like a day and a half now. Does 75 damage, which is just over a left click. It could definitely see a damage buff, but only if it gets 3-4 seconds added to the cooldown.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
It's been working for like a day and a half now. Does 75 damage, which is just over a left click. It could definitely see a damage buff, but only if it gets 3-4 seconds added to the cooldown.
I agree to something like that.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the main issue with Samurai is that its a melee point and click class. That aside, I think with how the new classes are going, many of the older classes like Samurai are falling out. Other classes can do what it does and better. Dragoon beats it in mobility, Extortioner beats it in sustain, berserker from what I remember at least also beats it in an open fight because of its CC. And that's fine if other classes can beat it, but samurai should fill a role that is unique to itself. Currently its hardly that and even shares skills with zerker.

Moving backwards to the two bleed samurai probably isn't the right move. I don't think it will help us any, now that each tick triggers the invulnerability timer. (And if it didn't, we'd be much too powerful again.)

My suggestion is we combine bleed with mortal wound and increase its damage by a bit. Make it tick every 2 seconds or so, but for a lot. Lasts 6-10 seconds for its anti-healing effect. I'd then like to see masamune become a slash-dash sort of skill where it deals damage to those you pass through. Making it a risk reward type skill. Then instead of adding base damage to the class, we instead give infernoblade an extra steroid effect of like 5 extra base damage for 5-10 seconds. As if our blade was lit on fire sort of deal. Maybe if possible to replace the removal of a skill, we could get the bow back? Some slight tool to help us kill enemies at a vertical level. Even more MAYBE, give us a bleed themed arrow skill.

Just some thoughts, if we went forwards with what you have there Wonder, it would at least be a start to making us stand more of a chance.

pocketemu

TNT
I think the main issue with Samurai is that its a melee point and click class. That aside, I think with how the new classes are going, many of the older classes like Samurai are falling out. Other classes can do what it does and better. Dragoon beats it in mobility, Extortioner beats it in sustain, berserker from what I remember at least also beats it in an open fight because of its CC. And that's fine if other classes can beat it, but samurai should fill a role that is unique to itself. Currently its hardly that and even shares skills with zerker.

Moving backwards to the two bleed samurai probably isn't the right move. I don't think it will help us any, now that each tick triggers the invulnerability timer. (And if it didn't, we'd be much too powerful again.)

My suggestion is we combine bleed with mortal wound and increase its damage by a bit. Make it tick every 2 seconds or so, but for a lot. Lasts 6-10 seconds for its anti-healing effect. I'd then like to see masamune become a slash-dash sort of skill where it deals damage to those you pass through. Making it a risk reward type skill. Then instead of adding base damage to the class, we instead give infernoblade an extra steroid effect of like 5 extra base damage for 5-10 seconds. As if our blade was lit on fire sort of deal. Maybe if possible to replace the removal of a skill, we could get the bow back? Some slight tool to help us kill enemies at a vertical level. Even more MAYBE, give us a bleed themed arrow skill.

Just some thoughts, if we went forwards with what you have there Wonder, it would at least be a start to making us stand more of a chance.

I agree with some of the older classes and was actually thinking of putting a post together as well. I think for mobility it might be cool to have like a counter stance that would counter flr the next 1.5 or 2 seconds and if an ability or attack was countered you would teleport to them inflicting a bleed of some sort. I like the inferno blade thought as well.