• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai and Ninja Name Change

ForzakenAngel

A frightening Cactus!
I think that in most RPG's, Samurai and Ninja would be out of place. I think that Samurai and ninja could stay the same class but possibly have a name change such as Mercenary instead of Samurai (just an idea) or Assassin instead of Ninja.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I think that Duelist would be a better name for the Samurai.

Assassin / Rogue are more fitting for the Ninja, but overall I think ninja works just fine as a class name.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
I think Assassin is a better name for Ninja as well. For Samurai, I think any of the following might work due to the playstyle of the class: Duelist (As Delf said), Mercenary (As forzaken said), Swordmaster, Brawler, Berserker, Spartan.

The platsyle of the class involves powerful DoTs and speed blitzes, not a survival class but one that focuses on taking down as many of the enemy as you can before you bite it yourself. Berserker or Spartan might be a good name. I'm not sure at the class' usefulness CC versus duelling, so if a Sammy is better at 1v1, Duelist might be a good name. If it's better at CC, Duelist might not be as good a name.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree. Duelist might be a little generic... I could see Berserker possibly. Assassin definitely instead of Ninja.

I don't know why two out of our sixteen classes have to be of Japanese origin. I don't think many of our players are Japanese, anyways.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
I agree. Duelist might be a little generic... I could see Berserker possibly. Assassin definitely instead of Ninja.

I don't know why two out of our sixteen classes have to be of Japanese origin. I don't think many of our players are Japanese, anyways.
Because they're popular. Mostly because they're foreign. xD

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I dont think renaming Ninja to Assassin would be a good idea, as I believe people still have the "Assassin" title for camping X amount of players on the start of Bastion.

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, I mean, when you look at the other classes most of them have magical powers, no matter the class. Dragoon is really the only exception, and I guess I could still consider jump/superjump and tremor to be heightened powers. Anyway, I feel that giving any sort of abnormal abilities to ninja or samurai would just be silly, considering that they were an actual fighting force. Giving them more RPG fitting names would be better to hear, and quite frankly open them up for new abilities later down the road.

Other suggestions:

Ninja - Thief, Renegade

Samurai - Blademaster, Bloodknight (Because of all the bleeds and maybe MAYBE if they had a little tweaking, just sounded cool)

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Samurai = ThatGuyWhoPokesALotOfPeopleWithDoTs
Ninja = ThatGuyWhoSneaksAroundAndStealsAlsoPossiblyBrutallyMurdersInnocentBystandersSuchAsMyselfSadSmileyFace
I could see where you're going with this, but 'Spartan' wouldn't do imo. I don't think classes should define their origins.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Yea we are saying that there names should be change not that they are the same just that there names should be changed I agree with assassin for ninja

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Samurai 'Shogun'
Ninja seems like something that every boy wanted to be when they were a kid. No ideas on that name though.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Samurai 'Shogun'
Ninja seems like something that every boy wanted to be when they were a kid. No ideas on that name though.

Shogun doesn't make sense, a shogun is the leader of Japan, and in Herocraft you can't be a leader as a class. It would be the same as making a class named Captain, King, Minister etc. Shogun is a title. The Shogun was basically the real leader of Japan untill Feudalism was abolished in the 19th century. (1860 or something I believe).

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Shogun doesn't make sense, a shogun is the leader of Japan, and in Herocraft you can't be a leader as a class. It would be the same as making a class named Captain, King, Minister etc. Shogun is a title. The Shogun was basically the real leader of Japan untill Feudalism was abolished in the 19th century. (1860 or something I believe).
I was just suggesting a name that could possibly make sense, no need to take it that far.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Kainzo what would you think of changing the ninja name to Shinobi. I love that, or Sakishi. and for samurai Bushi or Saburau but I don't really think sammy needs a name change.