• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Safety Shears for stupid people

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Shears shouldn't be limited to level 30+ crafters. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to use them. It's also kind of un-balanced that crafters are the only ones who can get wool. Wool is used in nearly everything, and crafters already have so much all to themselves. Just because we choose a class other than crafter doesn't mean we are completely disinterested in crafting. Sorry if you can still get wool by hitting sheep, I haven't been online in a week or so.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Want wool/leaf/lapis/obby etc, buy it.

If we restrict wool from being placed except by crafters, you may then piss and moan.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd like to say that every other class already has so much to themselves as well. I think that was the point of heroes, to diversify players and make a more intricate market and game play experience while still preserving certain things such as free building.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Want wool/leaf/lapis/obby etc, buy it.

If we restrict wool from being placed except by crafters, you may then piss and moan.

I see no reason for shears to be restricted from pvp classes. It simply lengthens the process of obtaining wool and leaves (having to ask a crafter, telling them a location to meet, making the transaction and heading back home). Nobody is going to buy leaves in large amounts. It's more of an annoyance to pvp classes than it is a boon to crafters. A crafter's time is better spent mining ore than it is clipping leaves to sell. As for wool, it can still be obtained by killing sheep and spiders. As a result, we have an over-lengthened and over-complicated process to obtain a readily available block, all the while not benefiting the crafters much.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Um, everyone can use shears to gain wool can they not? Or was I dreaming the other day when I went out and got a couple stacks of wool with shears?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Um, everyone can use shears to gain wool can they not? Or was I dreaming the other day when I went out and got a couple stacks of wool with shears?
Shears are restricted to Level 30 crafters. Sheep still drop 1 wool on death, which means that other classes can still farm wool at 1/3 the speed of crafters with shears (2-4 blocks, equal chance on all drops ⇒ expected value of 3 wool).

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Shears are restricted to Level 30 crafters. Sheep still drop 1 wool on death, which means that other classes can still farm wool at 1/3 the speed of crafters with shears (2-4 blocks, equal chance on all drops ⇒ expected value of 3 wool).

Everyone can use shears to get wool. Right clicking isn't restricted to crafters. Left clicking to get leaf blocks is.

R3xz

Glowstone
It should remain that way then. Alchemist can make sheers and let others buy and use them to get wool, but only they will have the ability to gather leaves with it. Seems fair.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Everyone can use shears to get wool. Right clicking isn't restricted to crafters. Left clicking to get leaf blocks is.
in that case, I'm ok. It makes sense that only crafters should be able to make leaf blocks that never wilt. What I really wanted was wool.

It should remain that way then. Alchemist can make sheers and let others buy and use them to get wool, but only they will have the ability to gather leaves with it. Seems fair.
Uhh... I had a warrior make a couple pair of shears and give them to me so I could get him leaves. Last time I checked (which was, admittedly, several days ago), crafting shears is not restricted to Crafters either. :)

R3xz

Glowstone
Uhh... I had a warrior make a couple pair of shears and give them to me so I could get him leaves. Last time I checked (which was, admittedly, several days ago), crafting shears is not restricted to Crafters either. :)

then... Huzzahhh!! \0/

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Craftors are the BUILDERS. Warriors dont need it for fighting. Rogues don't need it for fighting. Healers don't need it for healing. Mages don't need it for spells.

Craftors need it to build. Thats why we have it! Infact, I believe only 30+ Alchemists should be able to use shears to get leaf blocks. Alchamists suck at the moment. Most of the things they can make are easily accessible now.. :(

I think I've asked Kain a couple times and he hasn't ever given a clue or hint as to what Alchemists will receive. :p Either he just doesn't have any ideas yet, or he just wants to be mean and keep us Alchemists in the dark. ;)