• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RuneBlade Ultimate - RunicTether

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo recently told us that Ultimate abilities (15 minute cooldown abilities) would become more common.

Here is an idea for RuneBlade's:

/skill RunicTether: RuneBlade's Target within 5 blocks is instantly marked. After 5 seconds the Target is Teleported within 1 block of the RuneBlade. After another 5 seconds, the Target is once again teleported within 1 block of the Runeblade.
Cooldown: 15 mins

RuneBlade has taken over as the "Burst Your Face Down" class ever since Ninja became so dependent on positioning, and this would let RuneBlade stay in your face no matter how many mobility skills you used to run.

This would also be an INCREDIBLY strong "pick" tool. If the Runeblade can sneak up and cast it on a single enemy before a teamfight, they can run back to their group and proceed to eat the Target once they are tethered.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
That's nice, but would that unlock at level 65 or Kainzo's temptation of 'level 70'? If it's gonna be unlocked at 65, then Idk what level would Runeword be set at to unlock... maybe 63 for Runeword?

Runeblade is well-known for it being a class with the HIGHEST burst damage of all classes (even beating Ninja), I don't see why it's still quite underplayed, but the number of players moving over to Runeblade are increasing gradually...

Last edited:

lordprettyflack0

Legacy Supporter 6
Eh. Seems a bit Overpowered, a teleport skill for runeblade? meh... That seems something beguiler should have...

I was thinking another rune, but doing 250+ damage on hit. Im not sure. But I dont think this skill is for runeblade...

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Eh. Seems a bit Overpowered, a teleport skill for runeblade? meh... That seems something beguiler should have...

I was thinking another rune, but doing 250+ damage on hit. Im not sure. But I dont think this skill is for runeblade...
The Runeblade is not teleported the Target is, its more like a Forcepull x2 that brings the target close to you without having to aim.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone

Yeh I definitely think another just basic high damaging ability would be really boring, I really hope this sort of thing is avoided for the ultimate skills. I like your idea Dsawend. I think it would better if it teleported the RuneBlade to the target otherwise it could just be cast onto a player and then teleport them straight into your team and no matter what they did, they'd be pulled into them twice. Sounds like a death sentence skill to me.

Maybe it could teleport the RuneBlade and it's target half the distance towards each other as a good compromise?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it would better if it teleported the RuneBlade to the target otherwise it could just be cast onto a player and then teleport them straight into your team and no matter what they did, they'd be pulled into them twice. Sounds like a death sentence skill to me.

Maybe it could teleport the RuneBlade and it's target half the distance towards each other as a good compromise?
The "Pick" aspect of the skill is part of what makes it an Ultimate, yes it would likely be a death sentence or at the very least you would force the Teamfight to save the picked member.

For ease of coding, I would suggest avoiding multiple calculations based on half player distances, and suggest instead that the skill Teleport either the Target or the Runeblade to the location of the other.

Because Runeblade has Blink already, the skill will be stronger and more unique within the SkillSet if it Tethers the target by teleporting them to the RuneBlade. However if the skill was made to Teleport the Runeblade instead, it would still be a decent skill.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
The "Pick" aspect of the skill is part of what makes it an Ultimate, yes it would likely be a death sentence or at the very least you would force the Teamfight to save the picked member.

For ease of coding, I would suggest avoiding multiple calculations based on half player distances, and suggest instead that the skill Teleport either the Target or the Runeblade to the location of the other.

Because Runeblade has Blink already, the skill will be stronger and more unique within the SkillSet if it Tethers the target by teleporting them to the RuneBlade. However if the skill was made to Teleport the Runeblade instead, it would still be a decent skill.

Either way I still thinks it's a really nice idea :) Being slightly off topic here, I'd appreciate it if you looked at my Cleric ultimate suggestion. It's a reply on @huntmoak 's suggestion page.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Back when I was developing Runeblade, I had several ideas for more Rune skills, but they all seemed far too powerful for a burst rogue so I ended up leaving them out. To be honest the whole "Runic Teather" thing doesn't fit with what I had in mind for the class. While it definitely has caster roots to it, the more "arcaney" type abilities weren't added to the Runeblade until much later. (Flicker, ArcaneAbsorption, DevourMagic) I would classify your suggested skill as an Arcane type of magic, and I think it would upset the balance between Rune magic and Arcane magic.

Now, I really like the theme of the current Runeblade, but it's really easy for a class to lose it's focus when additional abilities are added, or previous ones are removed. If I were still actively participating in HC dev, I'd prefer to add a skill that had to do with the Runes to maintain the classes current theme.

Before adding in the previously mentioned skills, I had a lot of trouble coming up with new ideas. Unfortunately, everything I thought of was far too powerful to have as a standard ability, and I was not a fan of adding in additional "Harmtouch" skills. But if Kainzo is thinking of adding them to all classes, I might as well drop down a few of my previously scrapped ideas.

1) "Rune Cleave". A ranged cleave type attack that applied the Runeblades current rune to everyone they hit. (Thinking maybe about 5-8 blocks away, with a radius of about 4-6). This could be used to silence a group, slow a group, ect. for each rune.
2) "Rune Burst". All of the Runeblades currently imbued Runes would be applied instantly. (I scrapped this one because I knew people would just queue 3 Fire Runes and use it as a Harmtouch.
3) A true "Rune Absorption" where you would absorb the properties of the runes you currently have imbued, causing you to gain different buffs based on what they were. Maybe FireRune would allow you to be resistant to fire damage for a short time, or cause increased fire damage when activating new Fire Runes.

I actually had completely coded the RuneCleave skill at one point, but I could tell Kainzo wasn't really wanting it, so I decided to leave it out.

Sorry if this ends up derailing your thread Dsaw, but I was bored at work and felt like typing this up.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1) "Rune Cleave". A ranged cleave type attack that applied the Runeblades current rune to everyone they hit. (Thinking maybe about 5-8 blocks away, with a radius of about 4-6). This could be used to silence a group, slow a group, ect. for each rune.
2) "Rune Burst". All of the Runeblades currently imbued Runes would be applied instantly. (I scrapped this one because I knew people would just queue 3 Fire Runes and use it as a Harmtouch.
3) A true "Rune Absorption" where you would absorb the properties of the runes you currently have imbued, causing you to gain different buffs based on what they were. Maybe FireRune would allow you to be resistant to fire damage for a short time, or cause increased fire damage when activating new Fire Runes.

4) Sorry if this ends up derailing your thread Dsaw, but I was bored at work and felt like typing this up.
1) Lol Riven ult. Sounds like a useful skill. PS #1 immediately goes against your point of "lets keep RuneBlade with the same playstyle", since they do not have an AoE playstyle... moving on <3
2) I think you are right about this skill, and we can find something better.
3) This is my favorite, because it has potential to be really complex and strong. Come back to the dev team and code it please!
4) Nah thanks for the response. We are still a long ways off from the 15 minute cooldown skills being decided. What about an entirely new Rune as the new high level skill? It could accomplish a similar goal to the Original Post in this Thread, by increasing RuneBlade mobility or single target control skills, or it could accomplish a new goal.

@Trazil @FrankyDemon1996 Check out these two latest posts (see Delf's in quote or just above) and continue responding plz.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I actually like delf's first skill and it could be used to apply multiple ice or silence a large group or for opening with dmg

Ultanian

Portal
I don't like how people keep saying Ult for ultimate... I keep thinking they're talking about me :/