• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade Remake Suggestion

Will runeblades become OP after these changes, or stay op if you even think their op.

• Total voters
Hi; i'm a level 44 rune blade and i feel as though they are slightly lacking in dps compared to other classes. I feel as though I'm a deadweight.
These are my suggestions in how to make them a bit better; a remake if you will.

Kick: I love this skill because of the silence, but i don't like the way its being placed on for runeblades.
Right now it does a 2.5 second silence, dealing 67 physical damage, and has a cd of 7 seconds.
I think every rogue class should get a different version of kick once they spec.
An example for rune blades is pulsing kick. This will deal 70 magical damage (so armor pen + effected with runeword) and the 2.5 second silence like before, but has a 10 second cd. It will also knock enemies back 5-10 blocks, and also use mana and stamina.

Toxic blade seems fine to me.

Runeword: Right now, it does 20% extra magical damage over 7 seconds over 6 blocks:
I like the idea of a "curse" but it doesn't work like a curse because we honestly have no magical damage at all...
Give it a MUCH further range like 15 blocks, and give it more debuffs.
Have it do 20% extra magical damage, and causes them to deal 20% less damage overall, this will allow them to survive longer in those fights because of their poor health.

Fireblade works fine as it is.

Ice blade: I like the idea right now, but its too similar to dragoons slow "impale" but weaker. Instead of making it a cast like it is now. Make it a buff that will cause your attacks to deal weapon damage + extra magic damage, and slow each hit.

Another suggestion would be to make it a spam able skill that does a fix'd amount of damage. Give it a 3 second cd... and allow it to slow and deal 50 magical damage, and also have a small mana usage.

Flameshield is fine.

One is pretty decent as it is, but if any of these changes do actually get implemented, then it would certainly need a nerf; make it last 10 seconds or even 5.

Blade dance looks fine as it is. Maybe lower the stamina and mana usage? They still are rogues, they can't be 100% magical.

Dusk blade: i haven't used this skill yet, so i can't honestly say its op or up.

Firewave is fine as it is.

Suggestion too new skills.
Soul strike: this is their ranged skill, it's very weak, and not suppose to deal heavy damage at once. It does 30 magical damage per strike, and you can spam it like non other. It will have a 2 second cool down, and has a range of 10 blocks. I think you should have to aim your slashes for them to work. When you use it, it will throw out a projectile that will deal 30 damage to people in it's path.

It will use 5 hp per strike, 2 mana, and will be lvl 15/45 to use it

This was written kind of fast, so pardon my grammar and spelling.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Overall it needs some buffs. Runeword is supposed to be the token skill of runeblade, and right now it doesn't feel like the runeblades among us are using it to its full potential.

Overall it needs some buffs. Runeword is supposed to be the token skill of runeblade, and right now it doesn't feel like the runeblades among us are using it to its full potential.
The reason being, is because you don't even use it till lvl 40. Even then, it's a waste of a skill. I't only lasts 7 seconds, so it will only effect 2 ticks of toxic blade. Therefore it's not very useful; and also it's very buggy because of the channeling.

Mattholomew

Legacy Supporter 5
What I think would really help runeblades in general is a few more physical attacking skills. I know, this sounds strange, but hear me out. If runeblades can use MP and stamina, that'll give them double the skill spammability, so, in effect, it would really improve their DPS. I mean, think about it, they're supposed to be fusing magic and swordsmanship, so why not give 'em some of each in terms of skills?

c12095

Holy Shit!
The reason why Runeword is not currently focused for Runeblade use is due to the fact that it increases ALL magic damage, not just your magic damage. It was considered too powerful in group fights to be buffed any more.

Algsa777

TNT
Yeah thinking bout it if a runeblade comboed with a specced caster that be VERY dangerous do to the +20% magic dmg to all allies. Although its still possible to fix, either have increased time or dmg for the caster so his/her ally wont become 2 overwhelming.

They are suppose to deal dps, if its 2v2, then it should absolutely be dangerous. They aren't useless, but a waste of a party slot. I find myself so useless in parties, its sad.... No one in my party wants to say it, but i know its true. Anyone would rather have any other class then a runeblade in the party. I could still do my job of runewording people outside of parties, but naturally, that'd put me in the danger of getting killed by my own allies...

What I think would really help runeblades in general is a few more physical attacking skills. I know, this sounds strange, but hear me out. If runeblades can use MP and stamina, that'll give them double the skill spammability, so, in effect, it would really improve their DPS. I mean, think about it, they're supposed to be fusing magic and swordsmanship, so why not give 'em some of each in terms of skills?
I'll be honest.... right now, just remove all the mana costs. I have NEVER reached 100 mana fighting as a runeblade....

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
If I'm not mistaken runeblades do 99 dmg with diamond sword mastered. That is the second highest Damage. Runeblades are fine, just need to learn where they belong in the fight. Near the back using Runeword then coming in and nuking the caster after they get out their burst. That is the place of a Runeblade.

If I'm not mistaken runeblades do 99 dmg with diamond sword mastered. That is the second highest Damage. Runeblades are fine, just need to learn where they belong in the fight. Near the back using Runeword then coming in and nuking the caster after they get out their burst. That is the place of a Runeblade.
Just 99 sword damage won't get me anywhere in a fight. Auto attacks are insignificant in herocraft; people become invincible for a short while after hit anyways. That aside, your telling me that the only useful thing a runeblade can do is nuke down a caster, when a dragoon can do it 100x better. Or any other class for that matter, 99 sword damage is a lot i'd say, but its not enough to compensate for spells.

So what happens if there aren't any mages in a fight? That i should back down? How lame is that, your just proving my point even more.

How far do you think runeword's range is? You would need to be in melee range in order to cast it... and it gets dispelled if i get knocked out of range.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Just 99 sword damage won't get me anywhere in a fight. Auto attacks are insignificant in herocraft; people become invincible for a short while after hit anyways. That aside, your telling me that the only useful thing a runeblade can do is nuke down a caster, when a dragoon can do it 100x better. Or any other class for that matter, 99 sword damage is a lot i'd say, but its not enough to compensate for spells.

So what happens if there aren't any mages in a fight? That i should back down? How lame is that, your just proving my point even more.

How far do you think runeword's range is? You would need to be in melee range in order to cast it... and it gets dispelled if i get knocked out of range.
Switch to ninja. It seems more your style of play. Not every class is for everyone. However. you will notice a lot of people playing the same class, and that's because it's easy to play. You'll become a much better player if you learn to dominate with a class no one wants to play. Remember that.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
EDIT: lag fail post.

Also though, be sure to re-read the stickys in suggestions regarding subjective terms like OP and UP :)