• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade Defense

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The whole perk to Runeblade is the ability to harness magic in doing physical damage, as exemplified by Runeword and the Elemental Blades. They are a caster-rogue hybrid, notably the two average to have the lowest armor values in the game. Therefore, better armor is not required, Runeblade is a high damage, high risk class, similar to counterparts such as ninja and wizard.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I rated the original post "disagree" because I think that IF runeblade needs tweaking, it should be done not to the armor, but to other aspects of the spec like skills or damage output. They should be squishy.

We will find balance.

Well i think runeblades are fine. Though the only complaint is the change of specs... From lvl 30 rogue you get envenom, kick, 740 hp, and 60 damage with iron sword. Lvl 1 runeblade 600 hp, no envenom 50 damage with diamond sword, and kick. Envenom being rediculously low damage, and toxic being even lower...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Well i think runeblades are fine. Though the only complaint is the change of specs... From lvl 30 rogue you get envenom, kick, 740 hp, and 60 damage with iron sword. Lvl 1 runeblade 600 hp, no envenom 50 damage with diamond sword, and kick. Envenom being rediculously low damage, and toxic being even lower...
The whole point of that is to feel a sense of progression. Your HP and sword damage will increase as you level, ending up far beyond what a rogue can dream to have.

Sense of progression? Do you know how insane that sounds? Does toxic get higher damage as you level up? They are suppose to have that magic fighter feel to it, but it doesn't feel that way at all. I also dislike that all our skills that actually do something are so high up, we need some damage at lvl 1-40. Needless to say, i will have to wait till im higher up in the levels. On paper, its flawed.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Sense of progression? Do you know how insane that sounds? Does toxic get higher damage as you level up? They are suppose to have that magic fighter feel to it, but it doesn't feel that way at all. I also dislike that all our skills that actually do something are so high up, we need some damage at lvl 1-40. Needless to say, i will have to wait till im higher up in the levels. On paper, its flawed.
Where do you need 200 damage/hit when you have skills and can dodge and hit that shit?

When you dodge the opponent's attacks,you can hit more often, and so dont need those OP 200 damage/hit values to actually win someone.
That is based off skill, hell a lvl 1 lost soul could punch everyone to death if they are that insane with dodging.
I dont want something thats op like that, debuffs works just as well, something as simple as "cause people to deal 20% less damage for 5 seconds". What I'm trying to say, is that a lvl 60 "insert class here" should be able to go toe to toe with any lvl 60 "insert class here, without 2v1ing. Skill will deter main how well you do. Vanilla pvp is a perfect example, but thats no fun.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
Loving how this whole conversation has gone beyone the original idea lol. Wanting balance enough that anyone can fight anyone else is exactly what im going for. I understand runeblade is high risk high damage, its just that the damage is all melee and not really a saving grace, therefore I would just like to see them with a tiddle bit more survivability. Im talking chainmail people, its not like im asking for full iron or something. Heck just a chainmail chest and legs would be fine.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
This thread is silly. It is a thread based off the wiki.

Of course it is, a lot of things are. I used examples of runeblade and dreadknight. As much as I would love to play both to get a feel for them I cant therefor I need to rely on the wiki. So yes this thread is in part due to it but that is by no means a reason to completely dismiss an arguement.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Loving how this whole conversation has gone beyone the original idea lol. Wanting balance enough that anyone can fight anyone else is exactly what im going for. I understand runeblade is high risk high damage, its just that the damage is all melee and not really a saving grace, therefore I would just like to see them with a tiddle bit more survivability. Im talking chainmail people, its not like im asking for full iron or something. Heck just a chainmail chest and legs would be fine.
Chain mail boots or a hat (can't remember which one they wear) is enough for now.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
Ahhh, I get it now. Basically they are creepers lol. They run in flail until they die then hope they either killed or weakened their opponent enough for their caster allies to finish them off. Heck their last move is even a all directional explosion of fireballs. All kneel before the mighty runecreepers! :D

Are you calling Chainmail the weakest of armors? Dude, it goes like this:
Leather < Gold < Chain < Iron < Diamond. Leather has weak defense, but higher durability than Gold. Gold has a crappy durability, but higher def than Leather. Chain has iron's durability with Gold's defense. So basicly, Leather Boots are the weakest of all boots.
Chain and leather boots are the same other than durability…

I think I'm to squishy I have been 2 hit 3 times. A fireball from a level 7 does 4 hearts on me with burn. We have less dps than ninjas and no utility's i think runs blade needs a buff