• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade Defense

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
I've recently noticed a problem with runeblades. They are too squishy. Yes I know this complaint has been thrown around for almost everything but hear me out. The runeblade is a melee only class yet they are allowed to wear only leather, the weakest of all armor, with the only exception being chaimail boots, which is of course the weakest of all the armor pieces. I could understand only wearing leather if you were say a class with range to defend yourself like casters. (Not to mention their health is actually less than some casters)

In essence runeblade is left to suffer having low health, weak armor, and no way to deal damage from a distance(Besides their lvl 60 move therefore not really counting for much). One thing that really strikes me as annoying is that the runeblade isnt all that different than the dreadknight. Both use magic in a way as their primary fighting technique, which of course is melee. Yet the dreadknight is given more health, the ability to wear full iron, and even two pieces of diamond!

This does not make any sense to me, you have two melee specialized fighters but one is suffering huge penalties to their toughness while gaining no worthy bonus to damage for it. The arguement could also be put in for ninja but they have moves to escape combat if things dont go over well, which again runeblade doesnt. (Besides one skill that increases run speed) If anything I truly believe that runeblade should be allowed full chainmail, which really isnt even that good still. They should be if anything considered a flimsier, yet more damaging warrior. Not some sneaky range using rogue that only needs leather.

Also it might not hurt to allow ninja to have say, chainmail legs instead of boots. That wouldnt be too powerful yet give them a bit more reason to stay in a fight.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Haha they are a dps class. They are a squishy because they have a shiton of damage.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
weakest of all armor, with the only exception being chaimail boots, which is of course the weakest of all the armor pieces. .
Are you calling Chainmail the weakest of armors? Dude, it goes like this:
Leather < Gold < Chain < Iron < Diamond. Leather has weak defense, but higher durability than Gold. Gold has a crappy durability, but higher def than Leather. Chain has iron's durability with Gold's defense. So basicly, Leather Boots are the weakest of all boots.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
its not like i played with a level 60 runeblade on the test server for like an hour... fighting other level 60 classes

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
Haha they are a dps class. They are a squishy because they have a shiton of damage.

Ive looked at their moves, once again they really arent that diffrent from dreadknight. Both do around the same damage, especially to eachother due to runeblades damage being lessened by dreadknights superior armor even though they do more damage per swing while dreadknight doesnt lose as much but doesnt have as much in the beginning.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
So basicly, you are comparing a Rogue spec to a Warrior spec and saying its underpowered, because it loses?

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
Are you calling Chainmail the weakest of armors? Dude, it goes like this:
Leather < Gold < Chain < Iron < Diamond. Leather has weak defense, but higher durability than Gold. Gold has a crappy durability, but higher def than Leather. Chain has iron's durability with Gold's defense. So basicly, Leather Boots are the weakest of all boots.

Sorry for confusing you, I wasnt refering to chainmail being the weakest but the boots being the weakest piece out of the four armor slots. Head chest legs etc.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
So basicly, you are comparing a Rogue spec to a Warrior spec and saying its underpowered, because it loses?

Not too far from the mark. The runeblade is a melee only class, and they really dont gain the ability to go invisible or camouflaged or what have you like the others. So yes they, if anything, are closer to warriors than to other rogues and should get a bit more durability.

Well, according to everyone on the server. This server is based off a rock paper scissors concept. Pretty much the worst way to play an rpg, but hey, its just like that. Warriors gets armor to deal with those pesky rogues, casters penetrate armor to burn those warriors, and rogues are used to kill some of those pesky casters in a matter of seconds.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Omg this is annoying me how this even came up. They get 80% increased magic damage? Seriously this should not even be a topic for discussion

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
First off,
Use paragraphs. It helps the readers and holds their attention.

Runeblade gives a skill called Runeword that increases magic damage taken by 30%. They can be used as a combo class with magic users to deal massive damage at once.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
Omg this is annoying me how this even came up. They get 80% increased magic damage? Seriously this should not even be a topic for discussion

Not sure what you just said but hey, I didnt ask you to look and comment on my post. If you want you can go rage at someone else lol. Your also welcome to stay here, but it is my suggestion and anyone can make one.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
First off,
Use paragraphs. It helps the readers and holds their attention.

Runeblade gives a skill called Runeword that increases magic damage taken by 30%. They can be used as a combo class with magic users to deal massive damage at once.

Huh, would help if the wiki said that lol. I can see how that would be great but if they are to work with casters that would be great and all but still really doesnt change their survivability. Thats what im going for with this =/

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Huh, would help if the wiki said that lol. I can see how that would be great but if they are to work with casters that would be great and all but still really doesnt change their survivability. Thats what im going for with this =/
They are not supposed to have survivabilaty. I really, really, hope you didn't make this thread from just looking at the wiki. It is not always correct and not always updated.

Sir_Spiffy

Glowing Redstone
They are not supposed to have survivabilaty. I really, really, hope you didn't make this thread from just looking at the wiki. It is not always correct and not always updated.

So they arent supposed to have survivability, and also not have any big advantage to damage. Im not seeing how this is supposed to work out. All im saying is that they should be able to wear chainmail. This isnt a huge deal and is even less powerful than iron. Im not calling for an all out redo of the class just saying they definately deserve better armor.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
So they arent supposed to have survivability, and also not have any big advantage to damage. Im not seeing how this is supposed to work out. All im saying is that they should be able to wear chainmail. This isnt a huge deal and is even less powerful than iron. Im not calling for an all out redo of the class just saying they definately deserve better armor.
not really