• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion runeblade buff

Terisye

TNT
If the Runeblade is being as efficient as possible, that combo takes 7 seconds to complete, but during those 7 seconds, he has likely used Duskblade, and the enemy has been silenced for about 3.5 seconds, and slowed for 3. If the Runeblade allowed his attacks to be more spread out, he could stretch it to the full 4.5 second Silence and 4 second slow, but most do not do this, and I do not believe it's an efficient way to play the class either.

I just wanna say first off Delf that the way you are explaining this is as if they are just standing still taking your effects ( which activate on a every other hit ratio if you are spam attacking) of slow and silence. Having control over someone for 7 seconds is highly unlikely in my opinion because no good PvPer would stay slow/silenced (not like slow is even that slow at all) locked for that long. The whole blinking all over thing and flickering thing is not that great anyways because you can still be hit in flicker and blink is countered immediatly by any movement ability (runeblades is short CD but also short range) or even a CC ability like goon's 6 block pull/slow/knock up/DMGing ability that is on the same CD.
So now we are no the other end of the spectrum where a person just needs to flood CON/END to survive this 7 seconds of glory from the runeblade because once they do... you are on a 8 sec CD to get any sort of DMG going again and usually in that time you are just trying to catch up to them or attack them if lucky. On top of that some classes can just beat a runeblade in a flat out melee fight if they both stand there and use abilities.
All I am asking for is another way to do DMG other than left click because it is too easy to read and predict what a runeblade will do. Wait for the blink and than use a movement ability and runeblade will never touch you because they have no agility and blink is not the answer to all (especially with the short range of their low CD blink). I do agree that it is a fine line between balancing the class because of how simple it is with just needing to left click to win. So please find some way to make it balanced without being such a simple class that a 4 year old could predict their movements. People have been playing on this server for a long time and know what classes to play (goon/ninja/wiz) because they are OBVIOUSLY the most viable. This nerf to goon is still not enough (super jump was not the OP part of the class it is the low CD/stamina cost of JUMP) IMO but we will see what happens.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Super jump didn't get touched in the goon nerf. And your arguments about mobility can be said for every class that isn't Wizard/Goon/Ninja. With that said, runeblade may need a buff, but it certainly is viable. Keep in mind people that certain classes will never be able to face each other (When both players are of equal skill)

Terisye

TNT
Well you act like you did not even read the post. I said that most people have played on this server for a long time. Why would they not take into fact, that their class may not be viable against a Dragoon or a Wizard. I mean.. not everyone on this server is new and 12 years old.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well you act like you did not even read the post. I said that most people have played on this server for a long time. Why would they not take into fact, that their class may not be viable against a Dragoon or a Wizard. I mean.. not everyone on this server is new and 12 years old.
My first reply was fairly neutral. I agree that runeblade could a buff. I'm just tired of people complaining that they can't kill a warrior as a rogue when that what is supposed to happen.

If you still think goon needs nerfs, make a detailed post to why it is so. If you want runeblade to get a buff I would suggestion actual changes since we already fell that it needs some love. I was never insulting you (It was more of a general statement).

Terisye

TNT
Ok cool. I an a blunt person so I just took it as blunt as possible so I do say sorry for assuming something else. I tossed a couple ideas in the air for Dragoon and runeblade but i think that no matter what they already have an idea of what they are gunna do and are not going to divert from that idea. So in a way all of this is for nothing :p

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok cool. I an a blunt person so I just took it as blunt as possible so I do say sorry for assuming something else. I tossed a couple ideas in the air for Dragoon and runeblade but i think that no matter what they already have an idea of what they are gunna do and are not going to divert from that idea. So in a way all of this is for nothing :p
At least we ended the conflict civilly.

Back to runeblade, what can we add to runeblade (I really does have very few skills) without making it OP :p

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
i still think runeblade is fine as is. it can fight nearly any class on the server with relative ease as long as you know what you are doing.