• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Runeblade]A couple important suggestions; /Runestatus and more!

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey guys,

So I've been dicking around with Runeblade for a while now, and I've come up with a couple short suggestions that I think plenty of you guys could agree with.

So, if I could have anything at all added to the class, it would be a /runestatus command (or something of the sort). Currently, it can be very difficult to remember which runes you have applied (especially for those with awful short term memory), whether or not you forgot to apply the runes in the first place, or etc. In it's current state, Runeblades rely on chat in order to see what runes they have active, but the problem with this is in order to do so at any point in time directly after you've applied your runes, you'll need to scroll through the chat logs. This can sometimes be arduous and unintuitive, and simply not an option for those who don't have the option to view their chat logs. The simple fact that runeblades need to hunt down their rune messages in order to determine which runes they have applied is something that's simply not needed.

So, having said that, I propose the aforementioned /runestatus, or a command of the sort, that simply repeats the message of "Imbued Runes: <runes> ( This message -http://puu.sh/5cCcQ.png-).

Alright, that out of the way, this would be the second, more controversial change that I would like to propose.

Option One
While a Runeblade is sneaking and imbuing his runes, have the public chat message say [Someone imbues their blade with a Rune of <rune>]

-or-

Option Two
Change the public chat messages, regardless of whether or not someone is sneaking, to say [Someone imbues their blade with a Rune of <rune>]. (I would prefer this change).

The background behind these ideas is simple: Runeblades are stealthy, so why not add a little bit more subtlety to the class? I understand that a gimmick of Runeblade is that when you apply these runes, it makes a loud, scary sound, and I'd personally like it to stay that way. The thing is though... Say you're walking around, minding your own business, when all of a sudden you hear someone applying runes. Now, the big question here is "How do you immediately know who is applying said runes?" It could be your friendly neighborhood Runeblade, or it could be that asshole that keeps killing your townies. Ultimately, this idea would be a great addition that would add to the stealthy nature of the Runeblade, whilst not taking away their gimmick or throwing them out of balance.

As always, let me know what you guys think.

Thank you,
~Keache

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
The thing is that all other classes can just engage straight up in PVP. Runeblade has to have time before to apply runes and such - else we are severely disadvantaged. I don't believe that applying runes should show up publicly - people will just run and hide, whereas keeping it as stealthy as is, is still enough to make people run, but creates an uncertainty which I believe is crucial in a sneaky class like runeblade.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo sorry to tag you on this, but I would hate for this suggestion to die without hearing your thoughts on this. A /skill runestatus or anything of the sort would be immensely helpful to all runeblade, because like I said earlier, it is often difficult for a runeblade to remember what runes they have applied (if any) after extended periods of time.

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
A Runestatus command is unlikely due to skills being very detached from Heroes commands. It's not impossible, but it would be a pain in the ass to create. Something to help with this is to simply create a chat filter for imbued runes. Undoubtedly a less clean option, but it's something at least.

The thing is though... Say you're walking around, minding your own business, when all of a sudden you hear someone applying runes. Now, the big question here is "How do you immediately know who is applying said runes?" It could be your friendly neighborhood Runeblade, or it could be that asshole that keeps killing your townies. Ultimately, this idea would be a great addition that would add to the stealthy nature of the Runeblade, whilst not taking away their gimmick or throwing them out of balance.

The sneak skill currently hides all outgoing skill messages from nearby players to add to the stealth aspect. Sounds still play, and you will see the skill message on your screen, but no other players should see this message. This should apply to the rune skills as well. Are you saying it doesn't work like this?

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
A Runestatus command is unlikely due to skills being very detached from Heroes commands. It's not impossible, but it would be a pain in the ass to create. Something to help with this is to simply create a chat filter for imbued runes. Undoubtedly a less clean option, but it's something at least.

The sneak skill currently hides all outgoing skill messages from nearby players to add to the stealth aspect. Sounds still play, and you will see the skill message on your screen, but no other players should see this message. This should apply to the rune skills as well. Are you saying it doesn't work like this?

I can certainly see the chat messages for rune application on my screen (whilst sneaking), not sure about what others see, though. I'll test this when I get home and get back to you on that, but for now i'm going to say that it doesn't work like that. But don't take my word for it yet.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Delfofthebla Alright, just tested it. Took a little longer than I thought it would to get this information, so sorry about that heh.

What I found out: Imbuing runes whilst sneaking does not broadcast chat messages.

-However-

Using DevourMagic, for example, does not broadcast "Keache used Devourmagic" but does broadcast "Keache is devouring incoming magic!"

Using Flicker broadcasts everything.

So: That feature seems to be screwy. It won't broadcast some things while sneaking, it will broadcast half of some things while sneaking, and everything else it will just continue to broadcast while sneaking. So if that's not intended, then I think that the "sneak feature prevents all outgoing messages" thing is broken.

Beggars can't be choosers, but I'd love it if Flicker was not broadcasted while sneaking :p

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It was a feature added with attributes, and unfortunately, any skills that I did not convert to the new system won't always have it. It's an easy fix though, so I can quickly patch them in. If you find any others let me know.