• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Rune stones!

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
I would like to propose a change to how rune stones currently work.

How Rune stones currently work:

- Normal recall as it has been used forever(as long as I have played) still exists except you can only mark and recall to a town which you are apart of.
- Only scribes can create rune stones
- A scribe can only create a rune stone in a town that they can build in(this includes spawn).
- Players can only recall to Towns which they have regions to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How Rune stones should work! =D

Normal recall should be removed entirely.

Scribes should only be able to create rune stones and only in towns which they are apart of.

ANYONE meaning raiders and townies alike should be able to use rune stones to recall to the point they were made.

With this new system players would be forced to make a decision
- they get an easy way home and risk letting raiders into their town
- They simply will have to walk home.

Town mayors (or at least the competent ones) would create a centralized recall room for their members where all rune stones would be linked to so that when raiders get the stones they cannot go anywhere within the town.

This system would force players to make decisions and pay for their mistakes. This would create a more hardcore survival / PVP feel for the new system rather than the current method.

What are now redstone shops would be made spawn rune stone shops so players can recall to spawn then go where they need to from there.

Thank you for reading =D

~Von

macpower5

Coal
I like the system but I think Ancient runes should be the runes that will only work when you have regions. (Eventually they will be soulbound so it wont matter though) because u are investing a large ammount of money to remove the risk of people getting to your rune spot

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Normal recall should be removed entirely.

This would hurt new players like crazy.
1#They cant afford runestones
2#If they do manage to get one and die they're screwed.
3#Lots of rage quiting
Town mayors (or at least the competent ones) would create a centralized recall room for their members where all rune stones would be linked to so that when raiders get the stones they cannot go anywhere within the town.

Would essentially turn herotowns into factions. Bad idea

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
This would hurt new players like crazy.
1#They cant afford runestones
2#If they do manage to get one and die they're screwed.
3#Lots of rage quiting

Would essentially turn herotowns into factions. Bad idea

I disagree.
a minor runestone isn't very expensive to make i see them settling in the market at about 40-60c. if they vote two days in a row or if they even just kill mobs and sell gold nuggets they could have one in no time. As well a rune stone would not be something you carry everywhere. It would be something you carry when you are mining.

New players rage quit Herocraft (as well as every other minecraft server every day) i doubt this would change much.

The goal of the updated system described above is to encourage world travel rather than just teleporting everywhere. A rune stone would be something you cherish and carry only when you need to rather than always.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
For me, there seems to be two types of crafter classes: the builder/doer and the creator. Builders and doers tend to go out and create things or do things, such as make redstone traps or bridges. Creators make things and try to sell them.

Scribe seems to be a creator to me. Lore wise, I don't see a scribe running all over the map marking specific locations for everyone, which is why I feel the rune system could use a little tweak.

-remove the current recall system
-allow for scribes to make BLANK runestones that non-scribe players can mark
-do not allow for mark to be used in regions you do not have permission to build in
-recall will work on runestones, no matter if they have permissions to build at the location (keep runestones safe or marked in secure areas in case you drop them on death, otherwise people can recall to that location)

This system allows for runes to be made and sold freely to everyone and allows players to use them at their leisure and discretion - hassle free without an on-hand scribe. Scribes can make money easier and more efficiently since players will always need more runestones, and pre-marked runestones at graveyards. The difference between the scribe's runestones and other crafters' goods are that after a runestone is marked and dropped when a player dies, it cannot be reused like armor or potions, therefore always creating a market for blank runestones.

This system makes a scribe's job much easier as he doesn't need to run to the edges of the world to mark a few dumb runestones for someone (which honestly seems boring, unneeded and stupid), allows for players to be in control for their own runestones, and requires players to be more selective of where they set their runestones' mark locations, as well as makes a risk of recalling off a dead person's runestone that could be a trap (FUN!) or a way into an enemy base (MORE FUN!).

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
What would then happen to people who are not a part of a town, but living in a personal region somewhere on the edge of the map?

The recall system is fine as it is, there is a slight difference between paying 0.5c when you die, and 40-60c for a runestone, yes this would screw up newbies more than before..

This would make things a really pain for new players, and it wouldn't really change much for veterans who got all they needs (at this point of the map, do most of us have all they need + more).