• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rune Scape or World Of Warcraft? Oh wait is that a creeper?!

Which MMORPG is this game more like?

• Total voters
I have heard that this server is a lot like WoW or Rune Scape. What do you think and why? I personally have heard more people say its like WoW but I have not been here long enough to have my own opinion. I am asking so that I can base my strategy and game play off of your opinions.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Deathmaul

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
Classes is pretty much the only thing herocraft has in common with wow. On this server you have freedom to build, steal, raid, make towns and alliances, and a completely player driven economy. And this plays like a shooter and not an overhead game. Wow has none of those features and gets dull after a few months, whereas in this game there's always new things to do.

@icarumba Thanks, thats the kind of thing I am looking for. I am glad to have someone take the time to let me know. I didn't like wow that much but I like getting skill levels up and building things. I also like to raid pillage and kill :D

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
@icarumba Thanks, thats the kind of thing I am looking for. I am glad to have someone take the time to let me know. I didn't like wow that much but I like getting skill levels up and building things. I also like to raid pillage and kill :D

Yeah raiding is definitely fun in this game, it gets pretty intense lol. Just try to play it like minecraft and dont focus mainly on leveling because the grind cam get to you.

And look at it this way- the most I've played wow constantly was probably 4 or so months. I've been playing constantly on this server for over 8 months now and STILL look forward to logging in every day, it's totally worth the time you put into it

jason8261

Legacy Supporter 5
EDIT: "After reading the topic correctly, i know realized that u weren't asking what you like better. -.-' i will fix grammer when im less pissed"

None. i used to play Runescape when i was a kid and when it first came out. Then i played WOW (everyone was saying its the best game) played it, got bored and wasted money. Now i just play TF2, minecraft or my fav, Starcraft2

Well i would say that runescape go me into MMORPG games

But i would say its more like WOW

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
I don't believe any of the founders have ever played Runescape. DH was heavily involved in WoW from beta up until Nox or so. However, we had no clue at the time what Blizzard would do to the mmo genre we so loved.

DH founders are all originally from pre-publish 15 Ultima Online and classic EverQuest. We played EverQuest hard. I know I personally had over 400 days played on EQ. Kainzo had well over 500 days played.

If this server will mimic any game, which we will not, it will be one of these. Blizzard and SOE, at this point and time, can both burn in hell. I don't really have a clue what RuneScape is and cannot judge.

Haha wow I love both of your posts thanks so much for them. I don't really play either of them and I applied for whitelist on this server and then someone told me its like wow. I thought that would kinda be cool but I never bought wow because the first time i played it i felt like i could do everything with in a few hours. Its almost like HALO you run around doing the same thing over and over and what you do isn't really all that hard. Idk maybe I misjudged the game a little but I played RS on and off for over 12 years and there was always something i could do to waste time. I hope I am whitelisted soon so that I can see for myself what the server is like.

I thank you again for your input,

-Deathmaul

Gondus

Gold
I'm a loner, I pick what everyone else isn't :E
Graphically, i would say Runescape
This server, defiantly WoW
Other servers. Runescape

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Dude,
Some of the classes in this game have the exact same spells/abilites as in WoW. For ex, Serpent sting --> Poison arrow
Smoke --> Vanish
however as runescape is more of a skill-based game, woodcutting, fishing, mining all fall into the rs category.
So i'd say it's a hybrid of the two.

Demonxman

Obsidian
ohhh everquest....... I got out when they came out with everquest 2.... daoc all the way!!

@ all of the people that commented. Wow you all have awesome points I have been on the server for almost 3 days and its awesome. I love the game play and love the skills and all the things that they have incorporated. I think that it is an epic server and all of you are spot on with your responses.

Thanks again for the feedback,

-Deathmaul

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
I like Kainzo's #1 UO, you think this is a grind, nah
I like all the assets except the ability to combine specs of 1 path

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
There's also hints of FFXI here and there, too, but I believe those are mostly unintentional/coincidental. ^^