• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Rules] Remove Mossy and Cracked Stone Brick From the Rare Blocks List

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I've been dealing with players griefing my structures for weeks now, and logging in the other day was no different. This is what I logged on to see:
aGuhTZB.png

hhabtAY.png

Wherever you see a gaping hole is where either mossy or cracked stone brick was. It's completely my fault for being ignorant of the rules regarding what is considered a rare block, but I'm not looking for a rollback anymore. Mossy and cracked stone brick are awesome blocks for aesthetic builds and are a great way to give a build a sturdy but old look. But restricting the use of the block to only towns and personal regions does not make sense.

Using MCEdit, I analyzed a stronghold in my SSP world. Keep in mind it's a pretty small one compared to ones I've seen on Herocraft.

In the selection encompassing the stronghold there was:
  • 4,800 mossy stone brick
  • 3,300 cracked stone brick
Multiply that by 6 because there are 6 strongholds across Haven and Ruins:
  • 30,000 mossy stone brick
  • 20,000 cracked stone brick

If there were only 20,000 of a block like diamond, I would agree that having it on the rare block list would be justified, but that's only because diamond blocks (9 diamond each remember) are actually useful for things other than just aesthetics, whereas mossy and cracked stone brick only have 1 use, decoration.

Mossy and cracked stone brick aren't very useful to the common player and thus shouldn't be considered a rare block like diamond or emerald.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I've been dealing with players griefing my structures for weeks now, and logging in the other day was no different. This is what I logged on to see:
aGuhTZB.png

hhabtAY.png

Wherever you see a gaping hole is where either mossy or cracked stone brick was. It's completely my fault for being ignorant of the rules regarding what is considered a rare block, but I'm not looking for a rollback anymore. Mossy and cracked stone brick are awesome blocks for aesthetic builds and are a great way to give a build a sturdy but old look. But restricting the use of the block to only towns and personal regions does not make sense.

Using MCEdit, I analyzed a stronghold in my SSP world. Keep in mind it's a pretty small one compared to ones I've seen on Herocraft.

In the selection encompassing the stronghold there was:
  • 4,800 mossy stone brick
  • 3,300 cracked stone brick
Multiply that by 6 because there are 6 strongholds across Haven and Ruins:
  • 30,000 mossy stone brick
  • 20,000 cracked stone brick

If there were only 20,000 of a block like diamond, I would agree that having it on the rare block list would be justified, but that's only because diamond blocks (9 diamond each remember) are actually useful for things other than just aesthetics, whereas mossy and cracked stone brick only have 1 use, decoration.

Mossy and cracked stone brick aren't very useful to the common player and thus shouldn't be considered a rare block like diamond or emerald.
I agree i don't see gold blocks or diamond blocks as real building blocks but there is no reason that i shouldn't be able to use these type of stone bricks outside a regioned area.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Alright, in 1.8 mossy stone brick and possibly cracked stone brick will be craftable. NOW can I use it freely?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Truth be told, I agree with this very much. At least it shouldn't be allowed to mine them when they're CLEARLY used in a build. I don't mind stronghold/dungeon, but when someone is being creative and using blocks for building... yeah

EDIT: Actually, couldn't you just put signs on the inside of the house? They're not allowed to destroy signs, since it's not a rare block. When they smash the mossy brick, it also destroys the sign, and they've griefed. Just a thought. I guess they could replace it with any block and place the sign again.. oh well

Last edited: