• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rules changed to favor others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
First off, didnt know exactly where to post this, sorry if it is in the wrong forum.

Okay, here it is. 2 towns/cities, are pretty much warring. We build a start up town, and its close to a place that hasnt really done anything for a long time. We didnt even know they were active for a while. Well, they saw us, got their shit together, and got town, a night before us, and then dont say anything until Punisher is there to give us our rings. Since this rule applied
  • If two towns are expanding near each other, then priority is based on both seniority and scope. (Kingdom > Capital > City > Town > Wilderness Houses)
We were in their 100R of their town (not in their town ring) and we were forced to move off the land. We moved as close as we could without being in conflict, and rebuilt our place. We got town, then 3 days later, we got city. Now, they are in our 100R of our City, and they are still a town. But we are being told, WE need to move, even though we are bigger. I am pissed because according to this rule
  • If two towns are expanding near each other, then priority is based on both seniority and scope. (Kingdom > Capital > City > Town > Wilderness Houses)
City > Town. This is the exact reason why we couldnt be a town where we were because Town>Wilderness Houses (trying to be a town a day after) I feel that if the rule was used on us, then it should be used on them. But for some reason, they got treatment over us, and the rule was bent to Town> City in this case. I see it as unfair, and at least request a rule change if this is how it's going to be.

OnixZ2

Stone
It's not fair in the slightest bit. Albeit they got it A NIGHT before we did, does not give them the seniority over a city. We are a city aspiring for more yet thsi would be the SECOND time we have to move for the SAME TOWN. No since we are a CITY we should gobble up the TOWN right? NOPE. Instead we are being told to move in favor of a TOWN. Now why are the rules being bent for a TOWN OVER A CITY? No clue and thats what we want to know. If we had to move for them shouldn't they for us?

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Not even gobble up the town, just make them move away from us, like we had to move away from them/

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Sounds fair to me. They are grandfathered into their land area. If they stay town, they should stay. If they get bigger, you should move.

Like if KRS and NEO suddenly decide to to goto war (which would never happen) Newerth would have to move before Shin Kyoto because we got our rings first :p

EDIT: Shin Kyoto and Newerth are touching.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Dielan, kriskills got City, the other place is a Town. They didn't get bigger, krisskills's place did. :p

I know that, but the town was there first. They aren't inactive, they pay taxes(I assume).

They are grandfathered into the land. I think kriskill's city should not have to move, but if the other place got bigger, then they should.

They simply weren't there first.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Sounds fair to me. They are grandfathered into their land area. If they stay town, they should stay. If they get bigger, you should move.

Like if KRS and NEO suddenly decide to to goto war (which would never happen) Newerth would have to move before Shin Kyoto because we got our rings first :p

EDIT: Shin Kyoto and Newerth are touching.
That is why I said what I said, it sounded like you were saying that the town in question got bigger.
[sarcasm] Don't you just love misunderstandings? [/sarcasm]

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
But according to the rules kindom>Capitol>City>Town>Wilderness houses.
and according to the rules the older town doesn't have to move

Also isn't it nice how you changed your story so its now you thought we were inactive as apposed to "we didn't see you"

if you give me a sec I will quote the rule

Hmm it appears to be an unwritten rule. But last map we were in your situation going capital vs town and we lost. So ye we know the feeling. The rule is there so people cannot just set up next to a well established town and then just destroy it by building a city there in a couple days.

also we didn't ring the town to screw you we did it to save our town.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Why build your town so close to another anyway?

A few hundred blocks away and this need never have been an issue.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
they started like 50-60 blocks away from where the edge of the ring would have been before they got moved the first time

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A township (or hell even settlement) cannot be made within 100R of a township. This falls under the "dont build within 100R of a township)

If the town was created that was in error. Mistakes happen. I requested the 'city' ring moved further away to remedy this situation and be fair to all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.