• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rules and other stuff for the Nether

GraRona

Portal
Weynard, kind of unnecessary for you to insult Thunder like that. Everyone has their own opinions/views and you should respect them. Anyways, I don't want this to turn into a argument so let's leave it at that.

I agree with you on the recall thing no recalling in or out of the nether. I think necros should have to pay a price to go into the nether(either through reagent or money) that way necros can charge lots of money for a port to the nether thus making going to the nether more of a novelty instead of making it as common as a wizard port to zeal.

I agree with Serrat's decision on resetting the nether ever so often. IMO the nether is not the place to make a base. I would allow griefing in the nether because the map is going to be reset every so often and the nether IS hell so naturally, bad things will happen to you.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
@weynard I don't appreciate your attitude. I merely stated my opinion on what I think the Nether should be in the world of Herocraft. It has nothing to do with having to grow a pair

You didn't even care to think I might be on to something, did you?

BTW: If anyone dislikes my attitude, well, then that's their problem. If I offend you it's probably on purpose and with a higher purpose in mind. Or I just don't know you. I hate everyone I don't know by default. And I'm not going to change that, ever. But that's not the point of this thread.

We've never even contemplated the idea of allowing bases in the nether. It's a place that should be feared. A place that relies are huge group support.

Exactly! What could possibly be more challenging to a group than to go and actually live there? Just because you've never contemplated allowing bases in the Nether, does that mean you can't now?
As Danda and some other dude mentioned, there are 2 guilds with almost 50 members that want to take on just that challenge (and I didn't even start to whine about the amount of planning we've been doing for that yet).

I don't see why Hell would need to be reset- it would both hurt the economy and those to whom the main shard is waaay too easy already.
Why can't we have the Nether as a "Hardcore" version of the main shard and instead revive Warshard for constant resets and griefing?

Holy crap I missed this post @weynard - I'll review tomorrow at work. Remind me if I dont.

I hope the Like did the trick, I'm horrible with American timezones :p

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think nether should be reset every few days just cuz glowstone prices would plummet. and also while i don't plan on living in the nether, I like many others would like to make a little fort or base of operations to use as a safe house while I explore the hellish environment of the nether. Would hate to have to rebuild it everytime I entered the nether :(. If anything the nether could be reset ever 2-3 months just so glowstone doesn't become to rare.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'd rather it be this way... I don't want glowstone to become like clay was before the map expanded.
But it won't be. Glowstone wasn't that uncommon last map. It was a rare resource but it wasn't that difficult to obtain. Also it will never be like clay was because when we generated the current main shard map the algorithm was broken and did not spawn any clay into the map like it was supposed to.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
The nether hasn't really been discussed much. Kain and I discussed it briefly months ago, and to sum it up, we agreed it should be: hard to access, hard to leave, and hard to stay.

Beyond that everything is pretty much up in the air.

You guys just make sure to keep this discussion civil.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • There won't be any 'official' settlements in the nether - aka townships.
  • Bases & forts should be okay
  • Griefing rules still apply - don't be assholes
  • No regions
  • LWC's are fine
  • Difficult to get in or out (no recall/ports only work)
  • Mobs super hard and will be deathly. (also grant great exp)
Not sure if I missed much - that's how I feel about it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
One subject I would like to bring up. What will be done about mobs not dropping items around spawners. At the moment Blaze do not spawn outside of spawners which means blaze rods will never drop.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
One subject I would like to bring up. What will be done about mobs not dropping items around spawners. At the moment Blaze do not spawn outside of spawners which means blaze rods will never drop.
We can adjust mob drops in anyway we want. IE - you could easily drag the blaze AWAY from the spawner :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We can adjust mob drops in anyway we want. IE - you could easily drag the blaze AWAY from the spawner :)
Tbh good luck surviving long enough to drag a blaze like 25 blocks away when they are a long range mob. >.>

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
@weynard Of course I did man. Like I said, my opinion is just different is all.

As for the rest of your main post, looks pretty good to me, the only point I disagree with is the temporary placement of lava for PvP. I hate it when people do that. Lol

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Oh mother of god, it took me 4 weeks to get out of the nether on the last map, nobody told me kain nuked the first portal and moved it all the way across the map. I made so many tunnels just trying to get out it wasnt even funny.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Oh mother of god, it took me 4 weeks to get out of the nether on the last map, nobody told me kain nuked the first portal and moved it all the way across the map. I made so many tunnels just trying to get out it wasnt even funny.
Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaahhahahahha, sorry :p