• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RPG instead of FFA?

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
So I've been hearing that the staff is working on a FFA map to come out soon and I've also been noticing that the community has been slowly dying on Herocraft. Now to my understanding FFA is to sort of be like Ruins, a resource map. Here are my issues with it.

Now with an average of around 50 players on weekdays, and 70 - 90 max on weekends, would adding another map really bring players back? I've asked countless players what they think and one of the reasons they do not want FFA is because it will split up the community even more. 50 Players on the weekdays; half go to PVP, half go to PVE with the majority on PVE most of the time. With another map, 50 players on weekdays, 90 max on weekends divided between 3 maps? That will just make the population of PVP or PVE even lower. There is already a decline in PVP considering the Freepers have left, and Umbra Kingdom has left (two most active group PVP towns), and it is extremely hard to find PVP now. Lastly, we pretty much just got a map expansion 2 weeks ago for both PVP and PVE. Do we really need a resource map?

Onto RPG. I know for a FACT that players are looking foward to RPG and that the majority of players would rather have staff spend their time putting out the RPG map that will bring new gameplay to Herocraft instead of FFA which is just basically used as a resource map. Sure, it is "Free for All", but that still doesnt prevent people from grouping up anyway. How would this be unique from just PVPing on PVP map? Putting in an FFA map would split up the Herocraft community, lessen the already dying PVP on the PVP map, and push back things like RPG or other events that players are really looking forward to.

Tagging players who I talked to about this: @xXstrikerdudeXx @Sanogono @cat_8898 @killajoka4000 @jazza411 @Clawscript

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
So I've been hearing that the staff is working on a FFA map to come out soon and I've also been noticing that the community has been slowly dying on Herocraft. Now to my understanding FFA is to sort of be like Ruins, a resource map. Here are my issues with it.

Now with an average of around 50 players on weekdays, and 70 - 90 max on weekends, would adding another map really bring players back? I've asked countless players what they think and one of the reasons they do not want FFA is because it will split up the community even more. 50 Players on the weekdays; half go to PVP, half go to PVE with the majority on PVE most of the time. With another map, 50 players on weekdays, 90 max on weekends divided between 3 maps? That will just make the population of PVP or PVE even lower. There is already a decline in PVP considering the Freepers have left, and Umbra Kingdom has left (two most active group PVP towns), and it is extremely hard to find PVP now. Lastly, we pretty much just got a map expansion 2 weeks ago for both PVP and PVE. Do we really need a resource map?

Onto RPG. I know for a FACT that players are looking foward to RPG and that the majority of players would rather have staff spend their time putting out the RPG map that will bring new gameplay to Herocraft instead of FFA which is just basically used as a resource map. Sure, it is "Free for All", but that still doesnt prevent people from grouping up anyway. How would this be unique from just PVPing on PVP map? Putting in an FFA map would split up the Herocraft community, lessen the already dying PVP on the PVP map, and push back things like RPG or other events that players are really looking forward to.

Tagging players who I talked to about this: @xXstrikerdudeXx @Sanogono @cat_8898 @killajoka4000 @jazza411 @Clawscript
I totally agree about this, we dont need it, there is no reason for a FFA for right now, we already have 2 maps to go too and isnt that good enough? Usually back in haven and bastion we would get the resource map as a second map, but now that we already have two does it make sense to add a third when the community is slowly depleting.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
In my opinion we do not need a resource map, getting money/ores is easy enough as is.
We do not want to inflate the economy, with the planned map expansions do we really need a resourcemap aswell?

There's almost real money sinks, and money is really easy to get.
I went from 6k to 21k in like a week, which just shows that it is easy enough to get money at the moment, and that we do need more money added into the economy.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree that RPG takes priority over FFA (and PVE) -- but the ultimate issue here is the lack of coding.

Custom items is the "bulk" of RPG server - and its not close to be finished, we have a few different @Coders working on things but without a proper interface for Attributes with Heroes - it makes it painfully slow and hard to understand what does what.

I'm going to consider throwing more builders on RPG while we have the steam and see what we can do about the coding.
Thanks for the suggestion

Clawscript

Obsidian
I agree that RPG takes priority over FFA (and PVE) -- but the ultimate issue here is the lack of coding.

Custom items is the "bulk" of RPG server - and its not close to be finished, we have a few different [USERGROUP=15]@Coders[/USERGROUP] working on things but without a proper interface for Attributes with Heroes - it makes it painfully slow and hard to understand what does what.

I'm going to consider throwing more builders on RPG while we have the steam and see what we can do about the coding.
Thanks for the suggestion
You know where to find me and Faun ;)