• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RPG elements

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Now while I was still screwng with school and all I stumbled upon this mod on yogscast called hack/mine mod. Now I wonder if its possible to take some elements from that mod like adding stats and weapons having different dmg/power stat. This is somewhat what the mod looks like.

Also maybe add rings and amulets. This adds a whole new variety in game and adds more rpg feel to it. Now I know we have a lot of classes but there are only a few stat points ( STR, DEX,WIS , INT, FOR and AGI which is broken). Instead of STR or INT giving only dps power maybe you could make it somewhat like this:
Intelligence +
- Holy +
- Poison +
- fire +
- Ice +
- Thunder +
And etc. Basicly by clicking on the + you add the stat point. By adding + on int you gain 1 extra dmg for all magic type stats (holy, fire, ice,...), but if you add a + to just fire it adds 3 or something like that. This way healers and casters could have their own stat for the taking. Also add special attribute powers like heals are holy dmg as other spells have their own. Now about armor they could have fire resistance, ice res, and things like that as of weapons could have fire attribute , poison etc. Unlike hack/mine mod which has dungeon's or mobs that drop this kind of items we could have them set as prize ( a random armor/wep with random attribute) in MA or by enchanting. Also add armor durabillity and a numeric one so armor/weps can last longer and can be repaired more efficiently.

There is a lot more that could be changed and added but for now I am going to see how do the admins, mods, coders and the community responses to this idea. Of course this wouldn't be a simple task in fact it would probably take months to perfect.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Looks fun. I'm always down for something like this.

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Once we convert to a Herocraft Client, all this will be possible, but until then we cant make any new items/Custom Gui's or Different affects not part of minecraft. The ideas seem really good, I hope to see them in Herocraft soon.

Joka10

Soulsand
The Hack/Mine mod is really cool, but I don't think that it would be very easy to convert many of its features to Herocraft. The statistics, however, would be cool. Perhaps there could be the normal leveling system like there is right now, and you would unlock skills through that. But then you could have statistics for the individual skills you've unlocked. As you leveled, you could get level points that you could dedicate to improving certain skills, groups of skills, or more general stuff such as how protective your armor is, how much damage you do, and how much health you have.

I think a good way to divide it up would be
Health
Armor
Weapons
[Skillname]
[Skillname]
[Skillname]
and that repeated for the different amount of skills.

For each skill, there could be subcategories like Duration, Damage, Range, Warmup, Cooldown, Mana/Stamina Use. Obviously, not all of those categoreis apply to every skill, so those that do not could be left out.

An example could be Sneak.
Sneak would have the subcategories of Duration and Stamina Use. They could both be leveled up to a certain extent.

The commands for using level points would be like:
/points: Shows the number of available level points
/points [Category] (Subcatergory): Shows the number of points dedicated to a particular category or subcategory (if no subcategory is specified, it will show them for all subcategories) out of the amount of points that category can recieve (i.e. 5/7)
/points add [amount] [category] (subcategory): Initiates the addition of points to a particular category/subcategory.
/points add confirm: Confirms the addition of points.
/points add cancel: Cancels the addition of points.

To prevent users from abusing the points system to just add points to whatever area they needed at the time, I think rearranging points should require a large amount of money (amount differing on amount of points moved) or some sort of difficult-to-get reagent. Points rearranging should also have a cooldown of a day or two.

/points withdraw: Withdraw points from a category/subcategory for use elsewhere. Costs a certain amount of money/reagent based on the amount of points withdrawn. Has a long cooldown.
/points withdraw confirm: Confirms withdrawal, starts cooldown and consumes money/reagent.
/points withdraw cancel: Cancels withdrawal

If this were to be done (which it probably will not... something like this would be very time-consuming and probably difficult, but it is still worth suggesting, I guess), the points total gained by reaching level 55 should give a user a very large amount of level points to spend, but should not allow them to come anywhere close to filling every stats meter. Thus, while people would have much more of an option in the realm of customizing their class than they do now, they would still not be able to make their class totally OP, because they'd have to balance the points they were given between their skills/other categories. A guy couldn't have super-high weapons damage, super-high HP, super-high armor, and super-high skills. People would have to spread their points between weapons, HP, armor, and skills, so if one was really good, the others would lack. The system would pretty much balance itself out, I think.

It's too bad that something like this will probably never happen, because a lot could be done with it. Users already have a lot of choices in customizing their character when it comes to picking a class. Giving them the ability to improve different areas of said class would give them even more of a way to personalize their character. I also think the high point is that, if the amount of points given and the amount of points needed to fill stats meters were made correctly, there would never be a need to have to go in and balance everything, as the system would take care of that itself.

Suddenly, an offtopic idea came into my head. Spoiler.
So, the balance team often seems to have difficulty keeping classes balanced... What if they set up a points system for themselves, where each class (even each skill) had like 100 points available? Then they could have categories like DPS, DOT, AoE, range, cooldown, health, armor, and so on. They'd have to devise a system as to what the points would equal in terms of each category, but if it was a good system, no class or skill could ever be really OP if it followed said system, because no class or skill could ever be too strongly focused towards multiple things. It would be a difficult system to set up, but it might help... I dunno.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I wouldn't mind a more complex system with more customization, but especially with points systems I would rather wait until we have the HC launcher and can do pretty, functional GUIs. What we have now is a lot to handle through text commands.

^Joka's spoiler: Funny, I referred to this in vague terms when comparing classes to Pokemon's base stats in the Legendary classes thread. If that were to happen it would all come down to distribution of stats, but OP can happen there too, it's just that with the same starting point they're less off-kilter.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
What joka sAid also let's people strategize on a battle by battle situation. You can see what they have a weakness in and their strength suit and find their vulnerable spot. Unfortunately this would take a lot of coding to implement in the heroes system and the devs already have a lot on their plate.