• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Root doesn't work

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Wizard's root often does not work. It will say you have rooted a player, and the player will instantly get out of it and it will say root has faded from (player name). Some players have specific skills that allow them to get out of roots, but there are other classes that have no such skills that literally run right through the root. There is also a known exploit that players are abusing as well, but it also appears that other players are accidentally getting out of root as well without realizing how theyre doing it.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo - would it be possible to just change root to a slow with a super high slow factor? So it is as if they aren't really moving at all?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Kainzo - would it be possible to just change root to a slow with a super high slow factor? So it is as if they aren't really moving at all?
I believe it already works like this, which is the issue.

I don't know if the initial bug miners posted is still in game, but I can assure you, wizard root does not actually root the player.

When I am rooted, regardless of what class I am, I am able to move while rooted. If you were sprinting before being rooting you can actually move at a decent pace. Trying to jump will also allow you to move very slight amounts. However, by spamming the crap out of the spacebar the spell becomes a complete joke--you move at about the same speed as you would if you were icebolted. Granted, not many players abuse this, but they can, and occasionally do.

The skill needs a complete rewrite in my opinion. The current method does not properly work as designed, and I think an alternative should be implemented. Maybe something like an "invisible" piggify, or perhaps something akin to a stun proc from blackjack / paladin divine stun. Either way, it needs to change.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its already the way it works, yah.... we'll see what we can do but this is a CLIENT issue. The slow is the 'best' way to handle it - I'll see what we can do now that effects are more exposed.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe it already works like this, which is the issue.

I don't know if the initial bug miners posted is still in game, but I can assure you, wizard root does not actually root the player.

When I am rooted, regardless of what class I am, I am able to move while rooted. If you were sprinting before being rooting you can actually move at a decent pace. Trying to jump will also allow you to move very slight amounts. However, by spamming the crap out of the spacebar the spell becomes a complete joke--you move at about the same speed as you would if you were icebolted. Granted, not many players abuse this, but they can, and occasionally do.

The skill needs a complete rewrite in my opinion. The current method does not properly work as designed, and I think an alternative should be implemented. Maybe something like an "invisible" piggify, or perhaps something akin to a stun proc from blackjack / paladin divine stun. Either way, it needs to change.

A stun proc would be way powerful and give wizards a silence too, unless it broke on damage. But at least it would work. Prolly nerf the duration of the spell like half a second if it becomes a stun, and make sure it breaks on damage.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
A stun proc would be way powerful and give wizards a silence too, unless it broke on damage. But at least it would work. Prolly nerf the duration of the spell like half a second if it becomes a stun, and make sure it breaks on damage.
Yeah I mean, I wouldn't want them to have an actual "stun", just something that is similar, if there are no other options.

Ultimately, it's a root. It should hold you in place and not let you leave--that's it, plain and simple.