• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Rogue Skill

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I was talking to a friend, and he said that it would be cool to have night vision effects that could be turned on and off.

So I thought, "Hey? Why not!"

So I was thinking, SnakeEye. Some snakes have good night vision, and the Rogues (Mostly rangers) are "in tune" with the beasts of the wild. So the Rogue would use /skill SnakeEye and he/she would get night vision effects for maybe 3-5 minutes that he could turn off and on at will.

I was also thinking, if this skill were too beneficial for the Rogue, we could add a bad effect. During the SnakeEye, the Rogue would begin to feel the intense brightness of the night vision affecting him. His/her eyes would start to hurt, doing half heart damage every tick. That way they wouldn't be able to keep it on indefinitely. They would have to constantly turn it off, then wait to heal, then turn it back on again.

So that is my suggestion. /skill SnakeEye

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I was talking to a friend, and he said that it would be cool to have night vision effects that could be turned on and off.

So I was thinking, SnakeEye. Some snakes have good night vision, and the Rogues (Mostly rangers) are "in tune" with the beasts of the wild. So the Rogue would use /skill SnakeEye and he/she would get night vision effects for maybe 3-5 minutes that he could turn off and on at will.

I was also thinking, if this skill were too beneficial for the Rogue, we could add a bad effect. During the SnakeEye, the Rogue would begin to feel the intense brightness of the night vision affecting him. His/her eyes would start to hurt, doing half heart damage every tick. That way they wouldn't be able to keep it on indefinitely. They would have to constantly turn it off, then wait to heal, then turn it back on again.

Or Instead of damage make it give Nausea after a certain time due to a snake eye like being cold blooded or some shit

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Or Instead of damage make it give Nausea after a certain time due to a snake eye like being cold blooded or some shit

That would also work. Except, some people, (like me), after a while, are able to deal with the nausea and grow accustomed to it. They would still be able to fight with it, however they would still be impaired. So I still stand by my damage suggestion.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
That would also work. Except, some people, (like me), after a while, are able to deal with the nausea and grow accustomed to it. They would still be able to fight with it, however they would still be impaired. So I still stand by my damage suggestion.
But with damage it would be useless in pvp if its half a heart per tick...........

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3

I didn't read the entire thing nor am I going to. Miner has ultravision. Try turning up the brightness all the the if it's really THAT dark, and side effects? Nty not worth it.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
With the brightness slider/optifine cranked up all the way you can see perfectly well in zero light conditions
Or get a texture pack that has lighter textures (Doku light for example)
Also night vision potions

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
With the brightness slider/optifine cranked up all the way you can see perfectly well in zero light conditions
Or get a texture pack that has lighter textures (Doku light for example)
Also night vision potions

Yes. I understand that, but even with full brightness, you still cannot see as brightly as day light. I wanted to give the keen-eyed rogues a good skill.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!

This seems like a useless skill. Just use a night vision potion if its so important. You wouldn't be able to use this during or before pvp at all if it does damage every tick. I don't see the reason for this skill. Ranger already has enough utility skills farsight, track, sneak, and grappling hook, don't see why it needs night vision either go miner or get night vision pots.