• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Right- So 1.5?

SuperCQB

Air
Yeah so I accidentally downloaded 1.5 before I read the "Do not download yet" thread... Soo... Any way for me to down-grade back to 1.4? (btw, I play on a mac).

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
if you had windows you might have been able to google a tool that lets you switch between versions. i found one that allowed switchng between all versions but i dont remember the link or what i did with the install file and it might not have supported mac. its still worth looking for one since you might not be able to play for a week or more unless you can get something.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Does the mac version use the same minecraft.jar file that windows does? If so, I can upload a copy of vanilla 1.41, I always keep a backup just in case. I'm sure there's already copies floating around, google for minecraft.jar 1.41 or check torrent sites, you should find something.

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
Luke Strife said:
Yeah, once the mods are updated and there aren't so many bugs.

which, like i said, can take weeks and thats way too much time to be away from the best mc server around

Sorrow123444

Stone
well there was the 1.4 jar file that kainzo posted a link for, and i couldnt figure out how to get it to work, he told me to put it in my %appdata% .minecraft bin folder which i had tried before but every time i go back to minecraft it still says i am 1.5, so that would work if i knew how to make it work :/

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
place it in the same folder where your minecraft.jar file, overwrite the old jar file and you should be back to 1.4 unless you messed up along the way. the full directory for me on windows xp is C:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR USER NAME)\Application Data\.minecraft\bin may be slightly different on other operating systems but its nothing you cant google or search for on the minecraft forums. I also found the link for the version changer I use but I dont want to post it without permission from an admin first

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Sorrow123444 said:
well there was the 1.4 jar file that kainzo posted a link for, and i couldnt figure out how to get it to work, he told me to put it in my %appdata% .minecraft bin folder which i had tried before but every time i go back to minecraft it still says i am 1.5, so that would work if i knew how to make it work :/

You must replace the minecraft.jar file in your /bin folder with the 1.4 jar file. If you've done that then you are running MC 1.4.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Right well I'll be <insert appropriate expletive here> if I know what went wrong but have finally got back online.
Downloaded brutals files (thanks dude :)) - was getting 'refused to connect so also got the latest exe from minecraft.net and, well, then it logged in.