• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reworking Plaguebomb.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Beguilers are doing two things I want to change.

1. They are activating (exploding) Plaguebomb with melee strikes. This seems unrealistic, and should be changed. It lets the sheep act as a short shield in melee situations, and since the beguiler doesn't take any damage from it, when either party hits the sheep the beguiler comes out on top. Plaguebomb should hurt the caster, at least a bit, if they use it in their own face.

2. Beguilers are using Fireball to activate (explode) the sheep. I think that fireball is too nice of a spell to be entirely wasting on a combo like that. I think beguilers should get a projectile skill "Detonate" (whatever) that does 10 damage to their target, and can be used on their plaguebomb sheep, causing them to explode.

These two suggestions, add in self damage to sheepbomb, and add in a cheaper, easier way to blow it up, will make beguilers more of a class that relies on control and kiting. When they choose to use the new skill "Detonate", they will ensure that their plaguebomb goes off without wasting fireball, and at the same time hopefully will require more skill to ALSO get that fireball cast in there, on target.

Good beguilers will kite, and use combos until they win. But they won't be doing it in the face of anything that can't beat their bomb/FireballsToTheFace with melee damage.

This could probably be coupled with a removal of piggify silence, which as a ranger I have never had issues with lol, but I have heard people have issues with, a root that also silences seems hard to compete against.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Beguilers tend to set off the sheep for explosion as soon as they summon it, which is unfair and not as how the skill is intended. I propose at least a 100 damage reduction for getting hit in the face with your own sheep.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
If the sheep takes any damage at all (including fall damage) it will detonate immediately on impact. Let's be honest, people become a Beguiler for the piggify/plaguebomb combo. There are PLENTY of classes that can get out of piggify if the situation is right:
- Any DOT before Piggify is casted will immediately get you out of piggify.
- Any class that is able to use a bow can just hit a beguiler with an arrow and immediately get out of piggify.
- Any Samurai and Ninja can get out of piggify with EscapeArtist/Impermanence.
- If the pig happens to wander away and take fall damage you will get out of piggify.
- I have also seen random situations where I can't explain why my opponent got out of piggify, but it happens.

Taking the silence away from Piggify would make Beguilers immediately a poor class since there are plenty of classes with ranged skills who will have a feast while a Beguiler lines up his PlagueBomb.

Furthermore, what gives anyone the right to say that PlagueBomb will be the ONLY SKILL ON THE SERVER where you can take damage from if you're not careful? Keep in mind that in the end PlagueBomb is an AOE and the only difference is that it's ranged. Like all Casters, Beguilers are squishy and the last thing they need is to take damage sometimes when they use their go-to skill.

In case anyone cares, there are only 3 classes that guarentee themselves of getting piggified for the full 7 seconds; Disciple, Cleric and Mystic. You may think that there's nothing you can do WHILE being piggified, but there is plenty you can do to prevent yourself from being piggified ever 25 seconds. They're called DOTs, use them.

RaepSoda

Iron
In case anyone cares, there are only 3 classes that guarentee themselves of getting piggified for the full 7 seconds; Disciple, Cleric and Mystic. You may think that there's nothing you can do WHILE being piggified, but there is plenty you can do to prevent yourself from being piggified ever 25 seconds. They're called DOTs, use them.

Would like to point out that a Cleric can just eat a sheep, then heal back up afterward. While I was a Cleric, I never lost to the piggify/plaguebomb combo.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
All I am saying is that it could be better lore and design wise to have a new way to trigger plague bomb, and I definitely think there should be a disincentive for beguilers to use it on their own face. Maybe if plaguebomb applied a 2 second slow, so if the squishy beguiler and his foe both get hit, it's game over for the beguiler.

If too strong, just the beguiler can get hit by slow, and add in triggering skill?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Lore-wise, it makes sense to me that a melee strike would set off PlagueBomb. I imagine a bloated, fesetering, magically explosive, plagued sheep. When it takes impact (falling, weapon, or otherwise), it explodes because it is super bloated.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Of course we shouldn't make sheep immune to melee, I just don't want beguilers blowing that "bloated, fesetering, magically explosive, plagued sheep" up in their own face using their own melee activation as a strategy, as that seems illogical lore wise (necros wouldn't care, it would be like a bath lol).

macura

Diamond
Are Beguilers hitting themselves with Plaguebomb?
Plaguebomb will only do damage to the beguiler if they are not in a party, if they are in a party they will not be harmed by their own plaguebomb. The problem with this is that no one else has to be in their party, they just have to be in a party.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Are Beguilers hitting themselves with Plaguebomb?
Yes. See my post here: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/beguiler-plague-bomb-changes.30118/

If a Beguiler is not in a party and he explodes his own plague bomb, it will damage him.
If a Beguiler is in a party and he explodes his own plague bomb, it will not damage him.

In skirmishes, Beguiler's are put into a "party" with themselves. This means in all skirmishes, the beguiler can plague bomb their feet, hit it with their hoe, and be completely undamaged. However, anyone chasing the Beguiler will get hit with the explosion. Basically, all Beguilers are a bunch of exploiters without having to try to do it.

I've also talked with several Beguiler's that "start" parties with other people, but don't actually have them join the party. This puts the Beguiler in a party with themselves, and gives them complete invulnerability towards their own plague bombs until they log out or "leave" the party.

I don't think that should be allowed.