• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Revitalizing pvp, and wilderness survival

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
You make it sound like there isn't any PvP on the server. Maybe it is because you haven't provoked it? I go out into new areas, and kill/die everyday! I hunt down enemies and go bounty hunting! It is all good PvP fun. I don't think cost changes would create anymore PvP, just more mining for gold, like what Greek said. I think a good alternative is to create a select arena made for dueling, 1v1's, 2v2's, etc. You show up with your team, pay a small fee and PvP for a small prize or small amounts of coin collected from both parties. It would be fun, you could PvP all you want (gambling sorta), and you could win cool prizes. If that never gets implemented, I suggest you go out of D101, and look for people!

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Pvp kills should give coins to the winner but not subtract from the loser >.>

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I know PVE isn't PVP. However you seem to think mining is the only way to get money. It isn't.
Oh, yes! There are plenty of other super fun ways to get money. Like killing mobs. Or chopping down trees. Or digging holes for other people. Super fun. But even if they actually were fun, it doesn't excuse the fact that pvp'ing for the sake of profit isn't fun. You can't make money doing it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Anywho - it isn't our job to create conflict - but we will be having PVP related deaths only take 1-2% of your exp vs 10%. Which will encourage ballsy gameplay a bit more.

I feel like this should maybe be a signature - we are not a PVP server - we are a hardcore server. We have all aspects of gameplay in this server - including PVE/PVP/Social/Creative. Some may shine more than others at times, but that's how things go.

Does anyone remember when MC didn't even have an option for PVP? I do :)

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't agree with taxes being raised. Towns are fine. It's the reward per kill during PvP exp wise. It's not worth it to run out and kill 5 guys, then die and lose double the amount of exp you just gained. Raising town ship tax will just encourage people to mine more lol. Don't want that, do ya? I get upset sometimes, because the rules on PvP aren't enforced. Running in and out of No-PvP to kill enemies is an asshole move and gives an unfair advantage. I see it everyday, and I realize now there isn't really a rule that clearly states this to be illegal. It happens to me all the time, and it always ends up with me steaming hot mad and the lack of patience to keep PvP'ing and/or playing at all.

Agree with this. Raising taxes on townships wouldn't encourage PVP. It would force people to obsessively mine to an extent in which it ruins the point of MC (Which in my opinion is the freedom to do whatever the fuck you want). The builders and those who are intent on sustaining townships would probably just quit the server, rather than move to PvP.

Just increase the rewards and decrease the risks in PvP

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have no plans on raising taxes. It's an annoyance but not a hindrance and it cleans those out who don't wish to use townships for their personal own thing.

As I stated - you'll get good exp while not losing much for deaths in PVP - making it a viable leveling option.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
The problem with pvp a good way to level up is that the whole point of leveling up is to...well, be good at pvp. What we need is to make pvp give out money for every person you kill, depending on their level. The ultimate goal of minecraft is to build awesome stuff, and money is a way to get the materials to do such things. If we make the only reward for pvp experience (I'm assuming exp for pvp classes and not the upcoming professions) pvp would still be useless. What this really is about is trying to make pvp useful, not just fun.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Do ya'll remember the MINDLESS slaughtering at the beginning of this map? HAHAHAHA.

That sucked.

:D
Remember how in Ironpass we made a giant sand trench filled with lava to defend ourselves? That was fun.

If you were around last map, all towns had their regions with pvp setting to off. There was almost no pvp at all. Right now I see pvp everyday on the server out in wilds or just plain raids on other towns. I don't think pvp is lacking at all. I will admit it has lessened a little bit as someone else pointed out since zeal plots became available giving access to pvp free shops. Other than that I feel pvp is a pretty common thing on this server.

We still had a fun time back in the day with pvp off. We'd try to push each other out of the region to kill.

Edit: Or stalk the target until the barely left the region and jump them.

Also, if you want to encourage more pvp, get an ACTIVE group to do something such as bounty hunting. Try not to be a total dick (Who remembers Bloodline?) and do it in a civil way. I know from past experience people don't care as much about being killed so long as you don't trash talk and continually kill them without taking a break.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
The Academy does bounties for cheap. We just don't randomly smite people. So yeah, shameless plug, but we're doing our part. b('_')

I've been out of commission recently (glances at signature), but has the experience reward for killing somebody been tweaked? I really think that it would be a big help to have the reward scale depending on the loser's class and level.

HojoBear

Glowing Redstone
I don't agree with taxes being raised. Towns are fine. It's the reward per kill during PvP exp wise. It's not worth it to run out and kill 5 guys, then die and lose double the amount of exp you just gained. Raising town ship tax will just encourage people to mine more lol. Don't want that, do ya? I get upset sometimes, because the rules on PvP aren't enforced. Running in and out of No-PvP to kill enemies is an asshole move and gives an unfair advantage. I see it everyday, and I realize now there isn't really a rule that clearly states this to be illegal. It happens to me all the time, and it always ends up with me steaming hot mad and the lack of patience to keep PvP'ing and/or playing at all.
Plus, if you raise the prices of townships, there will be very few towns and EVERYONE will join those towns. It will create 2 or 3 blobs of towns, and that also is a detriment to PvP.