• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Revitalizing pvp, and wilderness survival

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Ever since towns became official, pvp just kind of dropped off the radar. These days, you don't find people getting killed unless it's at an event, or two friends having a friendly joust of friendship. Pvp just isn't a viable way to play this game anymore. It's just a fun distraction from building.
The whole root of the problem is towns. Towns offer such secure havens for builders that they don't have to leave their towns for days. (I personally haven't left D101 in weeks).
I suggest that we make the cost of safety ENORMOUS. Taxes should increase to the point where players actually have to be mindful of how they're spending their money. the 250C per week upkeep of a town is pitiful. with the bare minimum of 10 players as residents, you make enough money for taxes just by voting. Taxes for towns should be a minimum of 150c per week per resident. This would make living out in the wild a viable, easy, cost-effective way to live. It would also motivate townies to get out in the wild and make some money, providing more opportunities for raiders.
The second thing that I have a problem with is locked chests. For 500c, you can protect all your life savings, forever. It is highly doubtful that you could fill up a chest with just iron, diamond, gold, and lapiz. That's pretty much all raiders ever steal. I say locked chests should be upwards of at least 2000c, forcing players to either collaborate and pool their money to keep their chests safe, or bury their chests.
With these money differences in place, you can either rough it in the wild as a low-cost wanderer, or stay safe and snug in your town while paying a premium. With all these people leaving towns, we may see raiding come back as a good way of making it in this blocky world we call home.

tl;dr-make living in towns cost more so people leave and raid each other.

II_Zee_II

Coal
I like the idea of prices being raised, especially the townships. LWC's however I feel shouldn't be that high but raised as well. I like your idea, and agree completely.

GraRona

Portal
I actually feel the reason why there is barely any pvp are zeal plots. People can now go to shop in zeal instead of being wary at Airbus' shop.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
There must be a change in the town system. How about citzens can not harm each other but others and citzens can harm each other

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I say every town should have a puzzle or jump room that is an entrance to the town. Then you get to work for your entry but it will always be there :D

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I say every town should have a puzzle or jump room that is an entrance to the town. Then you get to work for your entry but it will always be there :D
Considering that towns are protected, and you couldn't get into any chests, that wouldn't be very helpful to raiders. Any raiders that come into town would get bored and leave after everyone just shuts themselves off in a 2x1 hole in the ground.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Personally I think that PvP is lacking. However, raising the prices of everything isn't the solution. Towns need to have proper war, which I believe is being implemented in the future. All the PvPing one could ask for in a setting that makes sense. Join a town, get protection, wage war against enemy towns. When this happens towns will become the cause of PvP instead of the deterant.

Raising LWCs to even 750 is too much. All new players would quit because they can't protect their stuff. Yeah, they can "hide" their chests but Xray ruins that option. Getting started sucks enough with the mine grind for exp; it doesn't need to be worse.

/2 cents.

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
I think the whole problem with that is, is that you're not really gaining anything off of pvp. 34 exp is majorly unattractive especially when you just got done with the fight of your life.
You can probably get a few supplies off of a person, but nothing big.

A minor solution to this is to set a reward. Make them receive 100 exp instead or give them 2% of their towns money. IDK, all I know is that it's not worth it to risk dying for something I could mine/craft myself.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
If you were around last map, all towns had their regions with pvp setting to off. There was almost no pvp at all. Right now I see pvp everyday on the server out in wilds or just plain raids on other towns. I don't think pvp is lacking at all. I will admit it has lessened a little bit as someone else pointed out since zeal plots became available giving access to pvp free shops. Other than that I feel pvp is a pretty common thing on this server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Good thing this isn't just a PVP server - we're a hardcore server with ALL aspects of gameplay.

If you only want to PVP - I urge you to buy Call of Duty or Battlefield - you'll get all the 24/7 PVP action you can handle!

With the introduction of HTTP - we'll have it so town members cant PVP each other unless they are dueling.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Good thing this isn't just a PVP server - we're a hardcore server with ALL aspects of gameplay.

If you only want to PVP - I urge you to buy Call of Duty or Battlefield - you'll get all the 24/7 PVP action you can handle!

With the introduction of HTTP - we'll have it so town members cant PVP each other unless they are dueling.

The thing is, this isn't a pvp server at all. There is near no pvp in any way. The only way we collect wealth is to mine it, and pvp would provide a good alternative to mining wealth if you would make some changes.
Just because I want a change to pvp doesn't mean I want a complete revamp of the entire server. And by "all" aspects, you mean mining, and building, right? Because those are the only other things you can do in this game. What's the point of having all these classes and spells if you can't even put them to good use?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The thing is, this isn't a pvp server at all. There is near no pvp in any way. The only way we collect wealth is to mine it, and pvp would provide a good alternative to mining wealth if you would make some changes.
Just because I want a change to pvp doesn't mean I want a complete revamp of the entire server. And by "all" aspects, you mean mining, and building, right? Because those are the only other things you can do in this game. What's the point of having all these classes and spells if you can't even put them to good use?

I never mine and I get plenty of money. You can kill mobs to get money, which encourages PVE, and (hopefully with the introduction of dual classing) along with PVP will be the only way to level your path (not profession). This alone will stimulate PVP for the desire to level! Perhaps you should just walk down north road and go on a killing spree, you'll see plenty of PVP.

This post scares me, I dont get around HC much I stick to areas and groups I know but from what ive been hearing alot of towns havent payed taxes in weeks and many huge towns have died and are in the instance of dying wouldnt this kill alot of towns just leaving only the most powerful and populated cities left eventually. I mean this would probably make life on HC hell considering this would lead to huge war and fighting but at the expense of another aspect of HC. Also 2000c for an lwc is ridiculous.

I mean considering these towns and cities should have realized this and that its their responsibility raising taxes would devastate them. Idk thats just my opinion.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I never mine and I get plenty of money. You can kill mobs to get money, which encourages PVE, and (hopefully with the introduction of dual classing) along with PVP will be the only way to level your path (not profession). This alone will stimulate PVP for the desire to level! Perhaps you should just walk down north road and go on a killing spree, you'll see plenty of PVP.
PvE is not PvP. Secondly, pvp for the sake of pvp is not what we're looking for. Pvp should be a viable way to obtain currency.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't agree with taxes being raised. Towns are fine. It's the reward per kill during PvP exp wise. It's not worth it to run out and kill 5 guys, then die and lose double the amount of exp you just gained. Raising town ship tax will just encourage people to mine more lol. Don't want that, do ya? I get upset sometimes, because the rules on PvP aren't enforced. Running in and out of No-PvP to kill enemies is an asshole move and gives an unfair advantage. I see it everyday, and I realize now there isn't really a rule that clearly states this to be illegal. It happens to me all the time, and it always ends up with me steaming hot mad and the lack of patience to keep PvP'ing and/or playing at all.