• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Returning player looking for help

arisenwolf79

Glowing Redstone
Hey all,

I am arisenwolf79, and I first joined Hero Craft back in 2012. I have played this server on and off for over three years now, and it has really peaked my interest this time around. It seems that much has changed since I last played, which I am not entirely sure how long ago that was. I've been digging through patch notes and other threads looking for explanations as to what is new and happening with the server, but to be honest I am quite overwhelmed.

I am not looking for an extremely detailed explanation about everything the server now has to offer, but if someone could lay out a crash course as to what I need to know as a returning player, just to get back in the groove and acclimate to the server.

I've installed the Technic mod pack and am currently using it, which I am extremely happy is available, because last time I played it was wild to try and install everything.

I greatly appreciate any help you guys could offer,

arisenwolf79

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Dungeons are the way to level now. The Dungeon Portal is in Spawn, also there are direct access to dungeons through various entries in the world.

There are several mob drops (Soul Catalysts and Various Crystals) that can be used with a market item (20c Soul Fuses) to craft item upgrades. The Top Tier item makes a legendary item and it costs like 5k to craft but its not even possible to sell them for that much so players just make them for their own use, or sell the Mob Drops to people who will use them.

Hc.to/war is very new, starts tomorrow.

Shaman exists as an area control caster, Samurai came back.

Legendary classes are a thing now: Buy five tomes of various color for about 1000c each (from players or for $ from store) and they will tell you which Five Random Classes you need to master in order to unlock one of Two Legendary Classes.

If you need a refresher in anything, hc.to/guide

welcome back

arisenwolf79

Glowing Redstone
Dungeons are the way to level now. The Dungeon Portal is in Spawn, also there are direct access to dungeons through various entries in the world.

There are several mob drops (Soul Catalysts and Various Crystals) that can be used with a market item (20c Soul Fuses) to craft item upgrades. The Top Tier item makes a legendary item and it costs like 5k to craft but its not even possible to sell them for that much so players just make them for their own use, or sell the Mob Drops to people who will use them.

Hc.to/war is very new, starts tomorrow.

Shaman exists as an area control caster, Samurai came back.

Legendary classes are a thing now: Buy five tomes of various color for about 1000c each (from players or for $ from store) and they will tell you which Five Random Classes you need to master in order to unlock one of Two Legendary Classes.

If you need a refresher in anything, hc.to/guide

welcome back
I chose pyromancer, because that is what I have played all the other times and I want to actually get to end game with it. What is the general opinion of Pyromancer in the server? Is it weak/strong? I know how to use the macro mod, but I cannot figure out how to bind skills to the keys, because I forget the actual command to cast a spell.

I also saw something about Order and Chaos, is that the new war thing or something else entirely?

And just to clarify, mobs in the wild aren't the way to level up anymore? Or is it just that dungeons are much more efficient than grinding in swamps?

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I chose pyromancer, because that is what I have played all the other times and I want to actually get to end game with it. What is the general opinion of Pyromancer in the server? Is it weak/strong? I know how to use the macro mod, but I cannot figure out how to bind skills to the keys, because I forget the actual command to cast a spell.

I also saw something about Order and Chaos, is that the new war thing or something else entirely?

And just to clarify, mobs in the wild aren't the way to level up anymore? Or is it just that dungeons are much more efficient than grinding in swamps?
Welcome back to Herocraft!

Pyromancer is a great class, but complicated. If you know how to use it, you're good!

Putting /skill <skill name> on a key using the macro mod will do for that problem.

Order and Chaos are legendary classes. You can reach them by mastering 5 (or is it 6) random classes. You can discover most of your needed clases using tomes. hc.to/tomes hc.to/order hc.to/chaos

Mobs in the wild are not the way to level anymore. Dungeons are the only way.

Good luck out there!

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Welcome back to Herocraft!

Pyromancer is a great class, but complicated. If you know how to use it, you're good!

Putting /skill <skill name> on a key using the macro mod will do for that problem.

Order and Chaos are legendary classes. You can reach them by mastering 5 (or is it 6) random classes. You can discover most of your needed clases using tomes. hc.to/tomes hc.to/order hc.to/chaos

Mobs in the wild are not the way to level anymore. Dungeons are the only way.

Good luck out there!