• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Return to full render distance

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Why?
1. The world suddenly ending doesn't look great at all.
2. Half the time you can only tell where another player is by the sound of them using skills, because you can only see about 30 blocks ahead. If they don't use skills, you can virtually run right past a player and not realise they're there - which is pretty stupid, this is an evident reason for the lack of pvp - at the beginning of the map you would only find someone if you saw them on your minimap, and now that that's gone, the chances of bumping into players are incredibly slim.
3. Before the decreased render had been implemented, if I remember correctly, it wasn't any laggier.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Why?
2. Half the time you can only tell where another player is by the sound of them using skills, because you can only see about 30 blocks ahead. If they don't use skills, you can virtually run right past a player and not realise they're there - which is pretty stupid, this is an evident reason for the lack of pvp - at the beginning of the map you would only find someone if you saw them on your minimap, and now that that's gone, the chances of bumping into players are incredibly slim.
3. Before the decreased render had been implemented, if I remember correctly, it wasn't any laggier.
I do see that the world suddenly ending is kinda a bad thing for players who aren't used to it ( I am so I don't care ). But in Herocrafts Defence, There is no possible way that any server with as many players as it does can run on full render distance without having some issues with lag. Having more chunks open equals more mobs, more entities, and more ram required to keep the server operable and safe. And to be honest, seeing as people complain about the littlest bump in the server, ( Sorry but its true, even I from time to time do it ) we don't need any more. Unless Kainzo decides to change it, I think it should stay as it is :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Why?
This is something we will be doing - the reason why its not as easy to do.

Render distance is linked to be the #1 cause for lag. The more chunks you unload as you move around, the more entities. The more entities surrounding a player the more likely we'll have lag on that server.

Adventure map will be 8+ view distance, default is 10 and max is 15. We're currently set to 6.

Player distance and chunk rendering distance is two completely different things. Player entities render within 48 blocks - the max is 64.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I do see that the world suddenly ending is kinda a bad thing for players who aren't used to it ( I am so I don't care ). But in Herocrafts Defence, There is no possible way that any server with as many players as it does can run on full render distance without having some issues with lag. Having more chunks open equals more mobs, more entities, and more ram required to keep the server operable and safe. And to be honest, seeing as people complain about the littlest bump in the server, ( Sorry but its true, even I from time to time do it ) we don't need any more. Unless Kainzo decides to change it, I think it should stay as it is :D

Actually I can see where you're coming from, I remember back on DG everyone used to complain about the lack of mobs spawning - but then again there were MAs so it wasn't a big deal. Fair point though.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
This is something we will be doing - the reason why its not as easy to do.

Render distance is linked to be the #1 cause for lag. The more chunks you unload as you move around, the more entities. The more entities surrounding a player the more likely we'll have lag on that server.

Adventure map will be 8+ view distance, default is 10 and max is 15. We're currently set to 6.

Player distance and chunk rendering distance is two completely different things. Player entities render within 48 blocks - the max is 64.

I don't suppose you could up the player rendering disance a bit? ;D