• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Return next map

macura

Diamond
Yo i may or may not be returning next map mostly depending on how many people are coming back. If there are other og pvpers still around/ who are debating coming back hit me up. Maybe we can make a town.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Some big things changing....

Item upgrade system for class weps (and eventually armor) based on a hard to get item.

Changes:
Similar to how you upgrade items in ArcheAge, there's RNG.
Tiered Dungeon Access (Must kill previous boss to get to new dungeon tier)
30+ new skills, geomancer returns - clean up other classes.
Energy Shield for magic based classes.
Merchants are the only profession that can use the Global Market (Now the Black Market)
Township changes (harder to upgrade)
Darkrooms being illegal, mobs spawning only in dungeons
Staff activity checks, paying staff in coin every 1 hour (low to high depending on rank)
Lowering Conquest Capture times, Lowering conquest re-opening times.
Weapons dont have unbreakable tag anymore unless super high rarity
Ore respawns removed in all areas except heavy pvp zones or castles.
Community meetings in Discord to get opinions and input.
Vote reward changes, more better.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd hate to be a realist but I doubt we'll see too many people coming back. Most of the older players have moved on from minecraft as a whole. Personally, I love this server but I'd rather play something else. I really got into it because of the older and toxic community, in which the people were fun to be around. After they quit, along with a few others, I had little reason to stay. That and school picked up.

Mind you, people will probably pop in but it doesn't really matter how many changes the server receives as it's still minecraft at base. You'll probably see the old usuals for a week or two before they leave.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Even if they leave again, if they're active for a few weeks, it might help attract new people that will stay active.

It's at least worth one last try imo.

Yeetrium2

Soulsand
My reasoning for this current map's quick death is because of what you're trying to do. All of the vets group together into two or three major towns and then feed off of newcomers. It's very rare for noobs to continue playing after their first death to 20 vets *cough* *cough* Lazytown

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Really only the scummy people feed off of new players. A majority of the better vets tend to just kinda hang around. If someone attacks them, they're likely to be killed and probably once or twice more. Just don't go poking the hornet nests.

I will admit there are some people that just want to see the world burn, so to speak. Those people really should chill out, but even if they did, the sever is dead already. I should also say that being inactive in chats is a good way to avoid them. Shit talking those kinds of people will probably paint you as a target for kill on login. It might sound cruel but it's true, and it's a lesson to be learned early before you're universally hated as a player. I'm talking about in general of course, not directed at you Zylot. I barely even remember you.

I'm assuming nothing has changed in the year I've been gone, of course. If this isn't the standard anymore, disregard this.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
My reasoning for this current map's quick death is because of what you're trying to do. All of the vets group together into two or three major towns and then feed off of newcomers. It's very rare for noobs to continue playing after their first death to 20 vets *cough* *cough* Lazytown
Lazytown was full of a bunch of jerks who camped newerth. Lazytown reformed were the saviors of the server

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
So is there a new map coming out soon then? I don't see an announcement on the main page that I can notice. Logged in for the first time in a while just to see if anyone interesting to talk to was on since I am bored and there was only 2 other people on the server. Odd for nobody to be online at this time unless there is a new map coming out in a few days, since people always stop playing after a new one is announced mostly.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
If the map is fun and has some people I'll definitely play for a bit at least but yeah, I'm not going in with any expectations. If it's fun, it's fun, if it's not, it's not.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I'm taking summer classes so playtime will be limited. I was able to play for a few weeks this past map wipe, and it was pretty fun. I'll be around helping with code I'm sure.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I'll give it a go, actually record videos once everything is revamped so they are not outdated and maybe make a town for some newer players.

Been recording albion with obs while a little while, so when hc resets I'll be ready.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I'll give it a go, actually record videos once everything is revamped so they are not outdated and maybe make a town for some newer players.

Been recording albion with obs while a little while, so when hc resets I'll be ready.
How are you still head herald