• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Respawning Combat Tagged

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I've noticed this has been happening a little more often. Players die and when they respawn at the graveyard are sometimes combat tagged which leads to more death if you are being camped at a graveyard. Sometimes it even happens more than twice in a row after death. Not sure if there is any fix. Just thought I should post anyway.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've noticed this has been happening a little more often. Players die and when they respawn at the graveyard are sometimes combat tagged which leads to more death if you are being camped at a graveyard. Sometimes it even happens more than twice in a row after death. Not sure if there is any fix. Just thought I should post anyway.
I'm trying to think of a better way to handle this other than just making sure all players spawn OUT of the dungeons, which may be the best bet...

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'm trying to think of a better way to handle this other than just making sure all players spawn OUT of the dungeons, which may be the best bet...
Pretty sure this was posted in reference to it happening in the overworld, based on the reference to Graveyards.
Even then, if you spawn tagged it doesn't matter if you're in or out of dungeons - you're still in danger.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, it was meant for spawning in overworld, not dungeons. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing is going on in the dungeons though.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Pretty sure this was posted in reference to it happening in the overworld, based on the reference to Graveyards.
Even then, if you spawn tagged it doesn't matter if you're in or out of dungeons - you're still in danger.
Well.... combat tag should end after you die... this may be an oversight.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I know for a fact that some dot's still apply if you die to them, which keeps you in combat after death.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I know in /test when you duel someone, die, and respawn and try once more to duel it sometimes tells you you're still in combat, if that helps.