• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Requiem of Heroes Discussion Thread [The Lore Project]

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Due to the end of the year, writting has been stalled. Finals take priority, but don't worry, free time will be had once again soon

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I love you all, and I DO plan to continue writing but not until September 2nd.
Until then <3

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I had to reinstall windows and that moved all my stuff around. had to reaquire Microsoft office then actually find the file. Then I ran into writes block. School starts soon and I will write then

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Having a mercenary company of 1.8 million soldiers sounds a bit heavy. The largests armies around untill late-1800's was a few hundred thousand soldier big and normally mercenary companies would be a few hundred/thousand men big.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Having a mercenary company of 1.8 million soldiers sounds a bit heavy. The largests armies around untill late-1800's was a few hundred thousand soldier big and normally mercenary companies would be a few hundred/thousand men big.
Good point. Even Sauron was only a few ten thousand strong.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Good point. Even Sauron was only a few ten thousand strong.
In ancient times, armies would go from 3000 men to 200 000 men (In Extreme cases, like Alexander The Great's invasion of Persia, his 50 000 against their 250 000)

Mercenary companies in ancient times would never have more then a few thousand men. The population of the Earth wasn't big enough to create million armies back then. (Also seeing how only a small portion of the Earth was discovered by Europeans then)

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
This is true, but the mass numbers of even mercenary groups will be used to contrast something later on. Don't think of the Hellfire Crusaders as a single group, think of them as an organisation that 'commands' a bunch of groups. One group being The Dogs of War

In other news, Rarity is best pony