• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Renewable resource map with a regular reset

What do you think?

• I like it

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Your idea is stupid and you should feel bad for suggesting it

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
I was thinking today, while running around in tunnels for an hour looking for a place to do some mining, that on both the ruins and haven maps it seems to take a lot of time to find an area that hasn't already been stripped out.

So I was thinking, what if there was a separate map that was reset/regenerated on a periodic basis? (like once a week maybe). It would basically be an "anything goes" map. Griefing would be allowed as there wouldn't be any point in building anything there in the first place. I don't know if it's necessary or not, but personal regions and LWC's may have to be disabled on this map due to the regular resets.

It would basically be the same as the ruins map, only it would be reset to it's starting state on a regular basis.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
once shrine is live seems like we could have ruins / nether reset monthly or something similar for this purpose.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
A reset reintroduces ALL of the materials.
Some people play enough to go on hours long mining trips just to take all of said materials the moment it resets.
We'd just have the same situation a day after the reset and a bunch of world PvP for a day.
(There's also the fact that there are still resources out there if you look...)

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Some people play enough to go on hours long mining trips just to take all of said materials the moment it resets.
We'd just have the same situation a day after the reset
That is a bit of an over exaggeration, though. If that were true, if people were able to mine out an entire map in a matter of days, haven and ruins would have absolutely zero resources left in them, given that they have been up and running for many many months, let alone a week or two. But they aren't, there are still pockets of untouched areas underground, they are just hard to find. But eventually as time passes, those areas will be gone as well.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
right, there is still lots of minerals to be had in haven even, but i like the id of a "super resource map" that is reset frequently, so people could mine / harvest / whatever there with some added risk of world pvp

Weikauno

Coder
I don't think we need this, would put way too much resources into the economy and make everything cheap. Last map at the very end I was still finding loads of ores and goodies in bastion.

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3
It will be much better when we get that map expansion. We will never have to worry about this again.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think we need this, would put way too much resources into the economy and make everything cheap. Last map at the very end I was still finding loads of ores and goodies in bastion.

I dunno if this is as true as last map. We already have a "renewable" resource in mob drops, and souls from ores dont give nearly as much money as pure gold farming did last map.

It seems to be something a lot of new people complain about, and we want to keep as many new people as possible, and ultimately i just dont think the inflation would be too significant from a monthly reset under the souls system. Would also increase world pvp as people would be out of their safe area more frequently to mine.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
That is a bit of an over exaggeration, though. If that were true, if people were able to mine out an entire map in a matter of days, haven and ruins would have absolutely zero resources left in them, given that they have been up and running for many many months, let alone a week or two. But they aren't, there are still pockets of untouched areas underground, they are just hard to find. But eventually as time passes, those areas will be gone as well.
It *was* an exaggeration. There'll always be resources left and after a day of crazy pvpers taking a ton after a reset, it'll still be like it is now: Resources left but everyone complaining there are none.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
FYI, Ruins has a scheduled remake once the server goes to 1.7 which should provide plenty of new resources for players. Haven as well will be expanded to 5k radius vs the current 2.3k.