• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Removing global market. or tweak

Would you rather have global market or trade district?

• Global Market

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Trade District

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
going back to my trading ship idea.

currently in spawn there is a port/dock with a single small ship.

Why not have a portal sign there that brings you to a new pvp off town, that is solely dedicated to trading?
It could be like a desert town that has plots for people to build chestshops and stores, there could even be an excuse to bring back the mob arena and have it in the town (aegis anybody?).

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Two things need to happen, though; a system check to make sure that someone is a merchant. Too often you saw someone make tons of merchant shops, switch out of the profession, then able to keep using the shop. As well as a tax on transactions. 1-5% for a merchant, 10-15% for non merchant for sold items to go to the server. No tax on selling to shops.
I think right now the tax on Global Market for non merchant is 30%?!
Unless we fork ChestShop to write in our own logic for this, that ain't happening.
I'd also bet that we aren't forking it to write our own logic any time soon.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I just want chest shops to return exactly as they were last map. Some of what made chest shops great was location. Sure the trade district would have the most stuff but the bare essentials sat at the borders of safe zones where they could be marked up. This worked especially well when we had the graveyard system - which I dearly miss.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I just want chest shops to return exactly as they were last map. Some of what made chest shops great was location. Sure the trade district would have the most stuff but the bare essentials sat at the borders of safe zones where they could be marked up. This worked especially well when we had the graveyard system - which I dearly miss.
I'd say CS shined as much at GYs as it did at TD.
Especially when it wasn't basically free to use warp.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Couldn't just sell them to a merchant, for them to resell at a shop?
Yes if a merchant happens to be buying that item. I'm talking about letting players list a small number of items like 5 listings tops at a highly taxed rate. This allows merchants to buy them at a higher price than what someone would get from the market if it were profitable enough but still allows the sale of items that may not have chest shops.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
money sink really, also so you don't spam chest shops I would assume.
Pretty much this but I don't know if it's still the case but at one point that was a deposit you'd get back after breaking your shop. Though that may have been removed due to an exploit. I can't remember.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Merchant's Black Market skill should remove the % fee for using the global market.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
In the past, I have enjoyed having a trade district and spending my days buying and selling wares. However, the global market is so much faster, easier, and accessible than shopping around through the varying trade districts of the past, and there are definitely some pros and cons to both.

If the trade district was brought back,

I like the idea of having it similar to a noble plot at spawn, where the person can build it from the ground up in any way, shape, or form he or she wants. This will stimulate both the creative juices as well as the demand for items (thus helping buying and selling). It also reduces the burden on architects to create a whole new market area; instead, a well designed space of empty plots can be made (there could be a contest for layout ideas).
I would extend the duration of a trade shop rental to 2 weeks and keep the cost the same as it was for 1 week, so as to promote longevity of the trade district being occupied.
I would keep the chest shops the same price, with half of it refunded when breaking it.

All this being said, I still think the focus should still be on empowering PVP on the server, and the developers' time, energy, and effort should stay there. The global market is sort of an easy way to allow commerce to have a pulse on the server. I do agree that the Merchant profession has taken a significant hit to its value as a result of the global market.

If we kept the global market, I would like to see this for the Merchant profession:

The ability to track sales of items sold on the auction house (their price/quantity/date sold), not only the merchant's, but other people's buy/sell habits as well;
The ability to make remote purchases from the global market, increasing in range up to the full map distance based on level;
A % reduction in the posting fee, based on level;
Extended duration of the merchant's posted items, based on level; and
Remote mailbox to collect expired postings and purchases.

Thank you for posting the poll and the suggestion!

-yav

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
All this being said, I still think the focus should still be on empowering PVP on the server, and the developers' time, energy, and effort should stay there.
Slight flaw in what you're saying here...
This would require 0 development time as the plugins to do this already exist and we have used them in the past, this would only require someone to configure them which just about anyone could do.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Slight flaw in what you're saying here...
This would require 0 development time as the plugins to do this already exist and we have used them in the past, this would only require someone to configure them which just about anyone could do.

@Danda, my expertise are in the social sciences, so I will trust your better judgment in that realm. :cool:

-yav