• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Removing global market. or tweak

Would you rather have global market or trade district?

• Global Market

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Trade District

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters

Church_

So, after discussing with others on server.
The global market is some what a good/bad idea.

Issues-

• Throws off the player market, having the trade district allowed better interaction with player trading.
  • Global list back up, With all the items that are being added. Some items being they will never be sold, just pile up in the market. Making unneeded amount of pages.
  • Makes the merchant class pointless.
  • Unguided sales. Trade District shops gave players a chance to scope out the range of prices with the other "player merchants" for a more evened out economy.
Maybe Tweaks-
  • Limit global market to just merchants.
  • Less items can be added unless a merchant. Currently it is 20 Different items a per person without being a merchant. Which as stated can help with the back up the market with unwanted items never to be sold.
  • Unsold items return to seller in 3-4 days?

Personal Opinion-
Trade District should be brought back, and remove global market, or at lease limit it.

Trade District will help build player economy easier for new players looking to sell items for coins. It will make more newer members be able to feel the effort to want to own their own shop to make the funds.

- Trade district shops produced a higher amount of coin generation to the economy.

@Dielan9999 @uin153

Last edited:

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
Please remove global market, it's almost ruined this map.

You guys have a port-esqe thing at spawn, why not make that a charter ship that takes you to a different area/server that has plots for trade shops? kind of like a hero gate or something.

Church_

Please remove global market, it's almost ruined this map.

You guys have a port-esqe thing at spawn, why not make that a charter ship that takes you to a different area/server that has plots for trade shops? kind of like a hero gate or something.

I like that idea. Like you mean have /creative is setup. But for shops.
This could be also another factor that could be a choice.

• No need to rebuild trade district.
  • Players could build their own shops?
^^ Thats just a suggestion in general. Trade district in spawn would be nice again.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Only problem I have with a Trade District is the cost for a Chest Shop being 50c... If you are selling low end items it may take a long time to make 50c profit back to pay for the shop.

With the Market the way it is, it completely makes the merchant Profession worthless. I remember when Merchants would trade with villagers and sell gold to the NPC shop and were the richest players. Make merchants viable again.

Church_

Only problem I have with a Trade District is the cost for a Chest Shop being 50c... If you are selling low end items it may take a long time to make 50c profit back to pay for the shop.

With the Market the way it is, it completely makes the merchant Profession worthless. I remember when Merchants would trade with villagers and sell gold to the NPC shop and were the richest players. Make merchants viable again.

Well, the smart idea after that would be to save some coin before getting a shop. Than buy the shop for 2-3 weeks.
  • Make it so you have to be able to pay for 2-3 weeks to first time buy a shop. Than they should have the time to build the money.
  • 2-3 week prepay- Pro 2-3 weeks of votes is 200c-300c. With a chance of extra 100-1000 in lucky votes. 50c would be simple cover.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Well, the smart idea after that would be to save some coin before getting a shop. Than buy the shop for 2-3 weeks.

• Make it so you have to be able to pay for 2-3 weeks to first time buy a shop. Than they should have the time to build the money.
    • 2-3 week prepay- Pro 2-3 weeks of votes is 200c-300c. With a chance of extra 100-1000 in lucky votes. 50c would be simple cover.

Not referring to the price of the trade area, but the cost PER chest shop you open... 50c per item you want to sell and no refund if you set the price wrong and have to break the sign and redo it.

Church_

Not referring to the price of the trade area, but the cost PER chest shop you open... 50c per item you want to sell and no refund if you set the price wrong and have to break the sign and redo it.

Could lower the shop amount, to 25c instead of 50c?

Church_

That would help.. the Location rent can stay the same... but the individual chest shop at 25c would help a lot.

Maybe also add in the return amount for breaking the sigh 10c so at lease messing up they only lose a bit.

Church_

Here is an idea:

Allow merchants to sell anything (different/better things as they level up). Other professions can only sell their profession-specific wares once they reach level 60 (Artisan).

It is already like that, but with chestshops.

Church_

I meant in the Global Market. Pretty sure anyone can sell anything in the Global Market.

Yes, everyone can sell anything in the global. Which is flooding market with silly items. There are some items in there as 1000 for 1 diamond. If someone accidentally clicks that. They are out of 1000c for a mis-click.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

Maybe also add in the return amount for breaking the sigh 10c so at lease messing up they only lose a bit.
50c price is fine, the market is inflated anyway. 50c is the only price for the shop, and it is there forever, keep in mind that it is an investment! Refunds were also given for broken signs, originally a full refund, then reduced to 25c.

Two things need to happen, though; a system check to make sure that someone is a merchant. Too often you saw someone make tons of merchant shops, switch out of the profession, then able to keep using the shop. As well as a tax on transactions. 1-5% for a merchant, 10-15% for non merchant for sold items to go to the server. No tax on selling to shops.
I think right now the tax on Global Market for non merchant is 30%?!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think the global market is useful for selling items in small quantities for those that don't want to rent a shop plot. In order for it not to take over chest shops it should be taxes to a higher degree so that it is more efficient to sell larger quantities of items from chest shops. From everyone I've talked to they all seem to miss the trade district

Additionally it made spawn look nicer too as it added a nice dynamic where players would try and make nice looking shops in order to attract customers creating a vibrant set of shops.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Good ideas and all but theres no point making drastic changes in this map, should just compile the changes along with the major revamp/dungeons and create a new map

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the global market is useful for selling items in small quantities for those that don't want to rent a shop plot. In order for it not to take over chest shops it should be taxes to a higher degree so that it is more efficient to sell larger quantities of items from chest shops. From everyone I've talked to they all seem to miss the trade district

Additionally it made spawn look nicer too as it added a nice dynamic where players would try and make nice looking shops in order to attract customers creating a vibrant set of shops.
Couldn't just sell them to a merchant, for them to resell at a shop?