• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove "randomness" in general from the game.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
They should just make it so if u hit a person with a bone you get a 2 sec stun but there were to be a cooldown
I would say that is a bit...
random, but in other ways :)

Anyways:
I understand that skills like blackjack may be unbalanced when you are unlucky..
It would probably make more sense to balance the class in other ways, so that blackjack is either something really unimportant that happens once in a while, or something really important which happens all the time..

It would make sense to not base a class's balance on chance based skills, but that don't mean they need to be removed :)

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I would say that is a bit...
random, but in other ways :)

Anyways:
I understand that skills like blackjack may be unbalanced when you are unlucky..
It would probably make more sense to balance the class in other ways, so that blackjack is either something really unimportant that happens once in a while, or something really important which happens all the time..

It would make sense to not base a class's balance on chance based skills, but that don't mean they need to be removed :)

They are unbalanced, not only if you are unlucky. If you are lucky you can stun an enemy time after time, theres almost no counterplay to this except for staying out of range. For Ninja to be going with the only backstab dmg thing that is on the test server, it would make way more chance to be able to choose when you stun so you can actually get some backstabs off.

Xhazed

Portal
What im trying to say is to make blackjack a skill that for once u cast it your first hit would stun the player for 2 sec and have a cooldown of like 5 sec

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
What im trying to say is to make blackjack a skill that for once u cast it your first hit would stun the player for 2 sec and have a cooldown of like 5 sec

Do you not realize how OP that is... 2 seconds of a stun on a caster is almost enough to kill it. Plus, if you hit them from the back, they won't even be able to turn around before they're dead.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This makes sense in a standard MMO, or in turn-based RPGs as there is not much action just the simple auto-attack and try not to fall asleep. This randomness to skills makes it more exciting and adds the illusion of skill (or luck). However, Minecraft is basically a first person shooter. The skill ascept is clearly there already as some will hit and some won't due to their own skill. I can understand this adds another curveball (variable) to the game where the outcome is not pre-determined, but without more of it, it just makes playing Ninja in a fight a gamble.

A stun from hitting enemies in the back (i.e. Gouge) would be much more ideal. Perhaps if it could be coded to only work while sneaking, but I do not know how difficult this would be. Honestly, a skill like Blackjack but instead does critical damage is something all combat classes should have if plans are to add more randomness. At least that would make every fight an exciting gamble instead of merely those with Ninjas involved. All or nothing. Thoughts?
Well, I agree with your first paragraph, but I'm not really down with the second.

I find absolutely no need for combat based randomization in an action based game. Misses can be determined by the players ability to maneuver his camera. Evasion can be determined by how well you strafe your opponent. Criticals are derp in my opinion, but I see the logic behind having them. I'd argue that backstabs could be considered "critical hits", as far as the ninja goes, but for other classes, Minecraft/Herocraft don't really provide the player with any skill based technique to perform an actual "critical hit".

That's my take on things anyways.

They are unbalanced, not only if you are unlucky. If you are lucky you can stun an enemy time after time, theres almost no counterplay to this except for staying out of range. For Ninja to be going with the only backstab dmg thing that is on the test server, it would make way more chance to be able to choose when you stun so you can actually get some backstabs off.
The test server is used for testing. Anything you see on that server is either a) Unfinished, or b) Never seeing the light of day. Kainzo has not given the go-ahead on any of the revamps that are on there right now, so it's very possible things will change drastically before they are released, or they may not even be released at all. I spent a lot of time playing around with revamps, but that was merely my self interest. If Kainzo decides he does not wish to see some (or all) of them hit live, they won't.

As far as blackjack goes however, I have something planned to address that. We'll see how things go as far as any of it making it to live.

Xhazed

Portal
Scycor im not saying it should be 2 sec it should be just idk for how long imjust suggesting the skill to be like enevnom but just a stun with a cooldown