• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Relic's!

Beau_Nearh

Portal
So, right now with the current relic system. You end up with mostly a load of useless relics that you don't/ won't use because you can't find a V relic to create a codex. Because if this, they are next to valueless due to them being quite common drops. So, my suggestion would be to give players (or even rune smith/ alchemist) the ability to smelt down these relics into souls!

Breakdown of how it could possibly work;

Obtain Relic --> use skill to break it down into y amount of items --> combine x amount of these items to gain a different item (think crate but just for souls) --> exchange this item OR use it to have a chance of z amount of souls shards being produced.

Each relic tier will yield a different amount of possible items produced (money priced would be dependant on balance). here's an example;

Tier. Possible Yield
I. 1-2
II. 2-4
III. 4-6
IV. 6-8
V. 12-16

Pro's;
+gives relics some what of a value
+could possibly give a prof another function
+gives players another source of income

Cons;
+could give too much money to players
+could sway prof choices too much
+(this is a placeholder for when someone points out a major flaw)

Last edited:

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Sounds like an interesting idea but as far as it being souls, I think there may be a bit of a balance issue in player wealth and gameplay overall (From a critical standpoint, not my in-game standpoint). Also, maybe not just for smith and alchemist, another balance issue I'd say, too many alchemists not enough of the other profs.

I think that is a great idea I think every player should have the skill tho becase, I mean let's all face it when you first started you had tons of relics like engineering 2 and other stuff. I mean I've played this server forever and still have money issues!

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Sounds like an interesting idea but as far as it being souls, I think there may be a bit of a balance issue in player wealth and gameplay overall (From a critical standpoint, not my in-game standpoint). Also, maybe not just for smith and alchemist, another balance issue I'd say, too many alchemists not enough of the other profs.

Yeah this would be my main concern. Could perhaps have a loot table that has items such as diamonds, crafting regents, ect in rather than it being solely based on souls. The main reason why I suggested limiting it to rune smith and alchemist was because I felt they are two of the least chosen classes (would love to see some figures on it) when comparing to classes such as miner and smith. Thanks for the feedback :)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I think that is a great idea I think every player should have the skill tho becase, I mean let's all face it when you first started you had tons of relics like engineering 2 and other stuff. I mean I've played this server forever and still have money issues!

Yeah, this is why I suggested it. Every time I was mining, I would always favour another free inventory slot for resources rather than a I-III tier'd relic.

I played all day and got like 25 relics and only 1 was a tier 5 and I was surprised I even got that cause counting that one I've only held 2 tier 5 relics

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Maybe it would be more balanced if we did it shere players could get a great range of things (not just souls) ranging from dirt to emeralds to souls to etc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We could just make it that relics have a more balanced chance to drop (so lower the drop rates on I through III and make them Relic IV... but this also has issues.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Just reduce the amounts of relics. Make a codex require only the 4 and 5 versions with the same drop chance as they have now. Honestly the 1-3s are just clutter.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
We could just make it that relics have a more balanced chance to drop (so lower the drop rates on I through III and make them Relic IV... but this also has issues.

Hm, that would balance out all the relics values to be honest

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Had this idea at work today. Make relics 1-3 "tablets". Tablets are just gold ingots. So all 1-3s are gold ingots. This would still allow 1-3s to exist as well as give them value (could be combined into blocks then back to ingots and sold to the exchange).

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Had this idea at work today. Make relics 1-3 "tablets". Tablets are just gold ingots. So all 1-3s are gold ingots. This would still allow 1-3s to exist as well as give them value (could be combined into blocks then back to ingots and sold to the exchange).
I'll add-on to this maybe instead of all 5 relics, make the recipe include various items that they need to fill, filler items if you will. These items could vary by the codex being created (ex. Nature codex requires a mushroom, etc.). So we could have 1 to 2 relics and maybe 3 to 6 filler items like gold to even out the values of each items that replaces the relics (they are random items and can be given a set price at a trade shop, balancing out their' values).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Why not just have the relics give small-medium amounts of exp for that certain class when consumed?
How do you plan on doing this? there's no method for it at the moment. We're already seeing some lag for having these items in ... would require a slew of more items to monitor (talking about 150+)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
How do you plan on doing this? there's no method for it at the moment. We're already seeing some lag for having these items in ... would require a slew of more items to monitor (talking about 150+)
Well I don't plan on doing anything since I can't code. I was merely suggesting that the relics currently in the game can be right clicked and a specific amount of xp for that class can be rewarded.

Beau_Nearh

Portal

A possible solution could be to have it so there are 5 tiers of NPC villagers at trade district. Each villager allows you to trade in your relic for an item that grants exp. The scale of exp given would depend on the relic you traded in. So, it could go like;

Relic tier I --> EXP book I
Relic tier 2 --> EXP book II
Ect ect.

It would cut down on all the items you need to track to 5 as you won't be changing the previous relics but rather adding in NPC's that you can trade with (like the old map when trading in relics to get the next tier).

Note; I know next to nothing in terms of codeing so I haven't got a clue if this is even possible or even a solution to tracking items

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well I don't plan on doing anything since I can't code. I was merely suggesting that the relics currently in the game can be right clicked and a specific amount of xp for that class can be rewarded.
I understand - just means a lot of scripting time.