• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Region Height Limit

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
When I think of a 'city' I think of tall buildings packed together, when regions are limited to 127 (practically 63 above sea level) I have no way of making those tall buildings I imagined with a map height increase.

My suggestion is to scale the height limit just as you scale the width and length. Something like hamlets going up to 127, towns going to 150, Cities going to 200, etc.

This would enable players to actually use the increased map height for building and keep their creations inside regions.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly, I'd rather just see sky high regions. All I can picture right now is a 200 tall dirt pillar, and a long dirt bridge to get "over" the regions and parachute into a town. BS.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
This is what I've been worried about for Lightforge, we have no roof, with limited regions anyone could just tower over our regions and handily drop down in, even into houses open from the top. And the solution, adding a roof, just wouldn't fit with our Skyforge theme.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Try not to give them things to break their fall. Some clever worldguarding on the admins part could also help with the paratrooper issue, but that's only a temporary solution. Problems like this need to solved in an automated plugin form.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I'd have to agree that a city should be higher then a town. just compare the world's cities to hamlets and towns. whats a city without giant structures.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Not all towns are ground based and quite a few are floating. Take Fumo for example: we couldn't build most of the stuff as we planned due to the old sky limit. There's no reason why it shouldn't be full bedrock to sky limit regions, because if it isn't it only leaves room for abuse.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Even now, with movable regions, it can be abused against towns with no roofs, I think we should introduce sky high regions, 0-256. Or, if you have a town that extends all the way up, part of it isn't regioned.
EDIT: T'is a bump

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
20120401205640.png

This ^ is happening, and it could be solved by bedrcok to height limit regions. @xexorian Sorry for using your architect app picture. :)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Honestly, I'd rather just see sky high regions. All I can picture right now is a 200 tall dirt pillar, and a long dirt bridge to get "over" the regions and parachute into a town. BS.
Precisely what happened to us in nevermore the day after the change.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I totally would agree with sky high regions. You try building a 100 high statue and then building the town on top. It doesn't work very well at all. Considering the regions go from 2 blocks under the statue to 30ish blocks above the statue, the tall and magnificent buildings planned out had to be completely ignored!

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Not having bedrock to sky regions is just a massive pain.

So much good would come from bringing the larger regions back. It would allow for more creativity and more impressive looking towns.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
It seemed pretty simple for my town - while the statue and lower levels may look lovely, the whole functionality and productivity (in terms of actually using our town space) is completely ruined by the regions. The ability for a higher overcity/undercity would grant so much more to the functionality towns, and would make them worthwhile in the long term.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We haven't officially announced the Y=limit....

I think something like this would be nifty.

Y=150 - hamlet
Y=175 - town
Y=200 - city
Y=225 - capital
Y=250 - kingdom

However, HeroTowns will have Y=max - when it creates the region protection.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
That's more like it!
It's a shame about the total cost of Kingdoms though - I don't think we'll see any this map! But that's the challenge and point of it being hard to get considering the benefits... right?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
We haven't officially announced the Y=limit....

I think something like this would be nifty.

Y=150 - hamlet
Y=175 - town
Y=200 - city
Y=225 - capital
Y=250 - kingdom

However, HeroTowns will have Y=max - when it creates the region protection.
Does that mean that all the towns in the official Kingdom will have 250 high region?