• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Regarding Kainzo's new samurai proposal

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
Heya,

So as most of you guys are aware Kainzo posted the plan for the new samurai…
Personally when i think of a samurai i think of someone like Master Yi from LoL, aka someone who outputs alot of damage but still quite squishy unless built otherwise.

The skills/kit, Kainzo has proposed is something that in my opinion a tanky team leader would take, so they can command their group and tell them who to focus, they can also stay in the fight for a long period of time (unfocused) providing buffs to the players.

In all honesty i don't think samurai fits this role very well, so i think you should change the name to something like Field Marshal, Chancellor, Daimyo and/or Shogun

cheers, discuss!
has400

EDIT:When i say squishy (compared to other classes when i think about their lore), i'm making reference to this example below. As people have been saying im getting confused with ninja, i think ninja is more of a cloth wearer while a samurai is more of a harded leather wearer. This is why im saying 'sammurai' is 'squishy'
Samurai-Gusoku-Armor.jpg

Last edited:

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't agree at all with samurai being squishy.
I think you're vision is warped towards a ninja. Samurais used to wear heavy armor in battle.
As for the leader part I agree that samurais were originally noblemen in the military and as such had rank and status above the common folk so it isn't that outrageous for them to have leadership skills.
The sword skills though make me think as Kensai being a more fitting name for the class, esp since I see no bow use included.

Docxm7

Glowing Redstone
I don't agree at all with samurai being squishy.
I think you're vision is warped towards a ninja. Samurais used to wear heavy armor in battle.
As for the leader part I agree that samurais were originally noblemen in the military and as such had rank and status above the common folk so it isn't that outrageous for them to have leadership skills.
The sword skills though make me think as Kensai being a more fitting name for the class, esp since I see no bow use included.

Marius perfectly describes what the samurai are. People usually blend samurai and ninja together.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Heya,

Personally when i think of a samurai i think of someone like Master Yi from LoL, aka someone who outputs alot of damage but still quite squishy unless built otherwise.

The skills/kit, Kainzo has proposed is something that in my opinion a tanky team leader would take, so they can command their group and tell them who to focus, they can also stay in the fight for a long period of time (unfocused) providing buffs to the players.

In all honesty i don't think samurai fits this role very well, so i think you should change the name to something like Field Marshal, Chancellor, Daimyo and/or Shogun

cheers, discuss!
has400
Your variation and view of this class is quite intriguing, but a view many will not take on lightly, including me. According to your concept, and as stating by the others above, you seem to drift your idea of samurai towards ninja? what the heck bro??? Back to the point. It is things like this where people will disagree with yours posts and begin to see the inner being of someone. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, but this overall was a terrible suggestion.

Firstly, the title: REEGRADING kainzos new sammy submission. Did you want people to take you seriously at all? I mean seriously. From someone who is from a 1st world country i would expect at least some better lingual structure, but as stated - NONE. And again, ''sammy''? What are we talking about, sammy the seal? sammy for Samuel l. Jackson? C'mon, seriously?

Secondly, sentence and paragraph structure. A common rule of thumb for English is that paragraphs consist of approximately 4 lines of writing. Your paragraphs only consist on 2-3 each. I thought they taught this kind of stuff in year 5 at a ''grammar school''? Next thing is the use and abbreviation of ''aka'' which stands for a common term known as ''also known as'' this was invented by Albert Einstein throughout the second world war.

Thirdly, after carefully dissecting the lettering and structure of your ''mess'' I have found something hidden. it's actually a pattern, which makes out to be something a bit like this:
9a791y.jpg

This to me shows that not only was reading your abundant and poorly created suggestion a waste of time, but was also a death threat to the United States of America.

I hope next time you can take into account the lack of key components you need to create a GOOD suggestion.

Example of a GOOD suggestion: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/beguiler-compensation.54005/

Thank you and have a great day!

~Beast

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
Your variation and view of this class is quite intriguing, but a view many will not take on lightly, including me. According to your concept, and as stating by the others above, you seem to drift your idea of samurai towards ninja? what the heck bro??? Back to the point. It is things like this where people will disagree with yours posts and begin to see the inner being of someone. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, but this overall was a terrible suggestion.

Firstly, the title: REEGRADING kainzos new sammy submission. Did you want people to take you seriously at all? I mean seriously. From someone who is from a 1st world country i would expect at least some better lingual structure, but as stated - NONE. And again, ''sammy''? What are we talking about, sammy the seal? sammy for Samuel l. Jackson? C'mon, seriously?

Secondly, sentence and paragraph structure. A common rule of thumb for English is that paragraphs consist of approximately 4 lines of writing. Your paragraphs only consist on 2-3 each. I thought they taught this kind of stuff in year 5 at a ''grammar school''? Next thing is the use and abbreviation of ''aka'' which stands for a common term known as ''also known as'' this was invented by Albert Einstein throughout the second world war.

Thirdly, after carefully dissecting the lettering and structure of your ''mess'' I have found something hidden. it's actually a pattern, which makes out to be something a bit like this:
9a791y.jpg

This to me shows that not only was reading your abundant and poorly created suggestion a waste of time, but was also a death threat to the United States of America.

I hope next time you can take into account the lack of key components you need to create a GOOD suggestion.

Example of a GOOD suggestion: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/beguiler-compensation.54005/

~Beast
I dont care about your inferior opinon, go get more cocky kid

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3

9a791y.jpg

~Beast

Who even has the time for this...

Clawscript

Obsidian
Marius perfectly describes what the samurai are. People usually blend samurai and ninja together.
Didn't even seem a possible thing to me before you mentioned it... mixing up between Samurai and Ninja.
Weird, people need to learn more.
Anyways, Samurai is very fitting, and many people have been looking forward to it.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
Heya,

cheers, discuss!
has400

EDIT:When i say squishy (compared to other classes when i think about their lore), i'm making reference to this example below. As people have been saying im getting confused with ninja, i think ninja is more of a cloth wearer while a samurai is more of a harded leather wearer. This is why im saying 'sammurai' is 'squishy'
Samurai-Gusoku-Armor.jpg
@has400 Did you forget? We have armor weight now, People will still build tanky with the new Samurai. I agree on the name change and support skills though.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
@has400 If we go by the 16th century like you suggest in your edit (that chest piece is definitely not leather) then I have to say that with the introduction of muskets samurais gave up the old lamellar style armor for plate armor similar to the european cuirass in order to withstand bullet fire, and it became the norm for them and stayed there until the end of the samurai era in the 19th century. If you want to say that they were not wearing full plate, sure. They were definitely not wearing light armor though.

But lets say you're pointing to the old lamellar style of armor used before the 16th century. Going by d&d standards that would qualify as scale mail which is a medium armor, by no means light or with low protection. But lets go with something more popular with your age group. WoW armor offers us 4 types : cloth, leather, mail and plate by those standards I would qualify samurai as wearing mail pre 16th century and plate after.. I really don't see how samurai could be considered squishy in any way.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Samurai will be lightly armored for a warrior, but in comparison to all classes samurai will have high armor fitting of a warrior.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai-Gusoku-Armor.jpg
A cuirass was the heaviest armor of its time... The Europeans had mostly abandon armor already, except for the cuirassiers who functioned as heavy cavalery. Since firearms (except for simple matchlocks) never made too much of an impact until the 19th century in Japan, the samurais were still using heavy armor unlike their european counterparts.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Im going to go ahead, and Just say, I want The original Geomancer back, that could easily 4v1 most classes.
Make it so you have to master all Casters first :D

Please, Love you dev team ;)