• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Regarding claiming structures, griefing plants, and more

madsplatter

Diamond
I have had several issues that I have been wanting to discuss for a while, and I was not sure where and or how to discuss them, so I figure a simple thread here should suffice.

1) Griefing plants. I have looked through the rules, and I am still unsure of the specifics of what is and isn't allowed for griefing plants, my biggest concern being whether you can destroy plants that are part of a structure or not. To avoid beating around the bush, I will give you two examples that have occurred.
I own a shop built under a terraformed lake just outside of my city. It is not within the regioning, and as such I made sure no valuable blocks were in the structure. To keep the water out of the shop, and to provide an unique entrance, I placed sugarcane which allowed you to pass through, while keeping the water out. As well, I lit up the lake with jack o laterns and the inside of my shop as well. Within a couple weeks the jack o laterns were stolen, and I made a pe. This is where I am not clear on the rules. 1) is a jack o latern a plant? And 2) since it was part of a "structure", does that make it it ungriefable?
A few weeks later I logged on to find that the sugar cane at the entrance of my shop had been destroyed, providing quite a pain in the ass considering it knocked out the torches, and caused several mobs to spawn. So my two questions are: are jack o lanterns griefable and, does a plant being part of a structure make it ungriefable?

2) Roughly 2 months ago I placed a sign to claim Valalala's adventurer's outpost, knowing that he had been inactive for months and I could make good use of his old sand castle. As valalala had been a large part of a community and an important figure, I decided that I should make a pe to check if it was ok to claim. The pe was closed, citing "It will be used as a 'staff operations base". I know making a thread likely isn't the best of places to discuss this, but I wasn't sure who exactly I should contact in this regard. It has been two months, Valalala remains inactive, and no "staff base" has been made. The shops have even been removed from the castle, and it is such a waste of prime space. I was wondering if it was possible to take over his old shop and replace it and restore it to its former glory, if this is at all possible.

Sorry for the lengthy post
-Mad. :)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I agree that the plant rules are a little wonky. I understand crops, but pumpkins and flowers are clearly for decoration (Do pumpkins count as "rare" blocks? Should they?) With the ability now to grow flowers with bonemeal, I think this needs to be looked at.