• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reduced class switch price for supporters

XRamza

TNT
So.. I thought this would be another good reason to encourage supporting the server.

Idea 1: Make class switches free for certain tiers.. Say free for T4+, but this would have to have at least a day cooldown to keep game balance.

Idea 2: Make it like LWC's and reduce the price more the higher tier you are... ex T1 costs 450 (for complete spec/class switch) but t6 is 200

Idea 3: Make it so every month or 2 months you would get a free class switch as a supporter if you are high enough. Possibly, the higher tier you are the more often you'd get a free switch. (Possibly combine with idea 2 to make it similar to LWC)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
What happened to helping the server .-. I honestly think perks are icky outside of colored names and titles. Though I will say this would be nice, its totally unneeded. I'd say T8 only and it halves price if anything.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Just going to make you aware, free class changes would destroy the server,

Forexample-

Necromancer uses all of his skills on someone.
Necromancer uses keybinds to change to cleric
Heals up
Changes back
Uses all skills
Changes to cleric
Heals up
etc..

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8

Forexample-

Heals up
Changes back
Uses all skills
Changes to cleric
Heals up
etc..
Would be cool if we could have a secondary spec that Kain worked to balancing the changes tbh, but currently this would be OP as fuck, maybe no class changes mid fight or have a cd/warmup as well? Still think its unneeded though.

macura

Diamond
This would be far too pay to win. Backpacks give an advantage to the player however it does not severely impact the player's interaction with other players. As judge dread said, this would give massive advantages to donators.

XRamza

TNT

Forexample-

Heals up
Changes back
Uses all skills
Changes to cleric
Heals up
etc..

I see your point... Should be limited to 1 class switch a week or day.. Adding to main post

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This would be far too pay to win. Backpacks give an advantage to the player however it does not severely impact the player's interaction with other players. As judge dread said, this would give massive advantages to donators.
Meant, the idea as a whole was unneeded .-. No need to f-palm me :/

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
I honestly think the merit of donating just to keep the server you love running has gone out the window with all these perks and the micro transaction store. I feel this would make the game worse for people who don't want to pay, because honestly its a free a server, some of us don't want to pay. And if this was implemented the Donors would always have more money with their LWC and class switch price cuts. Just my opinion though!

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm a cheap person so I'd love cheaper class change costs but the logical side of me thinks this is probably a bad idea for the server and so I can't support it as cheap as I am hahah!

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
My response to this suggestion is a No. The price on class changing is both a money sink for the economy and a way to prevent people from switching classes at will. The cost of switching classes is also a good incentive for someone new to a class to stick with the class for longer to learn how to play it.

In response to judgedread's post, I believe that changing classes takes away all mana; but, I'm not sure on that. I still agree with the idea though that changing classes at will can be extremely abusive if they retain their mana or have the ability to quickly regain their mana.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm a cheap person so I'd love cheaper class change costs but the logical side of me thinks this is probably a bad idea for the server and so I can't support it as cheap as I am hahah!
*Speed Racer Voice*

XRamza

TNT
My response to this suggestion is a No. The price on class changing is both a money sink for the economy and a way to prevent people from switching classes at will. The cost of switching classes is also a good incentive for someone new to a class to stick with the class for longer to learn how to play it.

In response to judgedread's post, I believe that changing classes takes away all mana; but, I'm not sure on that. I still agree with the idea though that changing classes at will can be extremely abusive if they retain their mana or have the ability to quickly regain their mana.

but this would have to have at least a day cooldown to keep game balance.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Yes, I know. I had read your first post Ramza. I still stand by my statement that it leaves open a strong possibility for abuse though I do apologize for my bad wording.