• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reduce the cost of LWCs for all members

RagingDragon5

Portal
The only way to truly protect your stuff is to get an LWC. The problem is it's too expensive. 500s is way too high.

1) LWC are expensive, and stating that people should use LWCs to cover all their stuff is indeed promoting "pay to win" tactics - something that Kainzo has expressly said is not what this server is about. I don't know how many chests you guys have, but I'd be broke if I LWC'd all my chests, even with tier 9 status; I couldn't imagine the cost of running a town at 500s a pop for town supply chests (let alone two towns).

I agree with this. Donators gets free, cheaper and more LWCs. Which gives them a huge advantage in protection. I don't mind donators getting free LWCs. To help even the playing field, I suffest drastically lowering LWC cost.

This is not a post to start a war between what happened between players. If you agree great, if you disagree then post a reason why. Simple as that.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the cost of them is "okay". They provide substantial protection and should be expensive.

However, I think all players should receive one free LWC, regardless of status.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I disagree.
The high cost of LWCs is an effective incentive to join a town, we should keep it.

edit: Oh btw since everyone has a residence now, all the noobs have to do is make a small residence for one or two chests and they have SUPER cheap storage...........!!!!!!

edit 2: The Hog's Head has lots of vacancies too!

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
I disagree.
The high cost of LWCs is an effective incentive to join a town, we should keep it.

edit: Oh btw since everyone has a residence now, all the noobs have to do is make a small residence for one or two chests and they have SUPER cheap storage...........!!!!!!

edit 2: The Hog's Head has lots of vacancies too!

Even if you join a town your items still won't be safe. Dirt isn't locking your chest.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I hear your stuff can't get stolen in Club Penguin, maybe Herocraft is too hard for you?

Said from someone who quite the server. Well, your excuse is that it got too old and pvp is boring. It's fine if you don't agree, but it seems like you decided not to read anything that was posted. Stop being ignorant.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Said from someone who quite the server. Well, your excuse is that it got too old and pvp is boring. It's fine if you don't agree, but it seems like you decided not to read anything that was posted. Stop being ignorant.

If I didn't read anything, it was incredible I was able to land so close to the topic and create a relevant post. So much so you reported it and had it removed, just to then quote it in your own attempt at an insult.

Hurt.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If I didn't read anything, it was incredible I was able to land so close to the topic and create a relevant post. So much so you reported it and had it removed, just to then quote it in your own attempt at an insult.

Hurt.
I deleted it on my own accord. Unless you are continuing to the conversation, take it elsewhere.

RagingDragon5

Portal

Hurt.

You can read the title, but not read the actual information. Like I said, stop being ignorant.

kk0707

Legacy Supporter 2
The best way to solve both issues, of cost and incentive to join a town, would be to have 1 free LWC given to all town members. Thus giving another incentive to join a town and to increase protection, without having to worry of costs IMO

Another idea i had was to make the first LWC free, Then gradually increase the price. Say the second one 250s than 300s, All the way up to the cap of 500s. I dont know just something else i thought of...

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
If anything, the perks for donars should be lessened or limited if you are going to do anything at all.

The worst thing is to allow everyone a high amount of LWC's. LWC's are the perfect protection with no downsides. It simply cannot be stolen from, unless you are assigning permissions to people you shouldn't be. These things provide too much security to be so freely given away. Herocraft is not meant to be a casual "ensure that everyone is 100% safe all of the time" server. There are other players out there, and they have a right to steal your entire life savings and burn it in front of you as you scream in agony.

*nod*

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
What if you made temp lwcs, that last 1-3 days at a time that cost 25c and permanent ones for 500c? The idea being that it is much more cost effective to buy the permanent one but you have an option for short term and less expensive. This would help newer players get established more easily. Realize that not every town will recruit people within the same day or even week, arguing that having 500c lwcs is incentive for joining a town does not protect their items during the time they are townless. Hell as more of an incentive you could have 25c lwcs for 1-3 days as the only option for persons without a town, and only in a town can you buy permanent protection.

Im just throwing ideas out there.

This server can be tough on newer players, having a renta-chest system might help ease the transition into it.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
If anything, the perks for donars should be lessened or limited if you are going to do anything at all.

The worst thing is to allow everyone a high amount of LWC's. LWC's are the perfect protection with no downsides. It simply cannot be stolen from, unless you are assigning permissions to people you shouldn't be. These things provide too much security to be so freely given away. Herocraft is not meant to be a casual "ensure that everyone is 100% safe all of the time" server. There are other players out there, and they have a right to steal your entire life savings and burn it in front of you as you scream in agony.

*nod*
Freepers burned all of jupiters stuff last map, it was pretty funny