• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion reduce range on paladins reckoning

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Currently the "pull" effect isnt functioning on PVP. This has a very "low" dmg AE and is currently the lowest out of any AE in the game.
But the range is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered because it stuns, pulls, and messes up the player's FOV

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
But the range is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered because it stuns, pulls, and messes up the player's FOV

Doesn't stun, just slows, doesn't presently pull, as kainzo just mentioned in what you quoted, and... well, I dunno about the FoV. You may be right on that one.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Doesn't stun, just slows, doesn't presently pull, as kainzo just mentioned in what you quoted, and... well, I dunno about the FoV. You may be right on that one.
you see, you have no experiance with anyone using the skill on you, it is pretty much an AoE root that does dmg in a 10 block radius that doesnt break on dmg.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
you see, you have no experiance with anyone using the skill on you, it is pretty much an AoE root that does dmg in a 10 block radius that doesnt break on dmg.

I've got plenty experience in using the skill, which is why I can say I've never seen player nor mob rooted by it (in fact sometimes I can't even tell that the slow effect worked), that does very low damage and has a long cooldown, meaning it will probably be used once per combat. Also, I -have- had the skill used on me (Mineris vs. Eclipse fight), and didn't notice the FoV problem. At least nothing beyond what happens when I get slowed by every other single skill out there that does it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Truth be told, its not at full capacity it 100% shouldnt be rooting, we may need more play testing on it. Balance team is reducing the range on reckoning.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Works for me. Let me know if you ever need help testing it!
Much like forcepull the entire asset of the skill is to grab them at a distance, not while they are already on top of you. We're knocking down its range to 8 for the time being and see how things go from there.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Much like forcepull the entire asset of the skill is to grab them at a distance, not while they are already on top of you. We're knocking down its range to 8 for the time being and see how things go from there.

Seems reasonable to me- since that's what I was explaining earlier in the thread, what it does and why it's there (balancing versus mobility and ranged, basically.) 8 still works nicely, considering it's an AoE slow.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Currently the "pull" effect isnt functioning on PVP. This has a very "low" dmg AE and is currently the lowest out of any AE in the game.
it is functioning well enough to get pulled out of my chest when TC or some other group with a 60 pally decides to raid eclipse. it's really annoying, putting stuff or taking stuff out of my chest, and getting pulled to the to the side of the room when people are on the surface (my room is underground). pulse doesnt have long enough range, so i can't hit back either... so if you really want to balance it, give other classes the same range, or as said by alot of people, lessen the range.[DOUBLEPOST=1349827617,1349827384][/DOUBLEPOST]oh, disregard my earlier post, i didnt notice the second page, forums didnt load right....